Skip to content

Gnome barbarian

Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
Tonight I discovered that it is possible to play the game as a gnome barbarian and it got me to wondering whether anyone has ever done this?
  1. Gnome barbarian14 votes
    1. I sometimes play as gnome barbarian.
        7.14%
    2. I always play as a gnome barbarian.
        0.00%
    3. I was on a bus once and I met a guy who said he played as a gnome barbarian so I changed seats
      64.29%
    4. I never play as a gnome barbarian because gnome barbarians suck and gnome berserkers rock.
        7.14%
    5. In real life I an a gnome kensai and I am too busy focussing on my weapon to worry about this poll.
      21.43%

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I have never played a gnome barbarian, as I don't really like to play as a straight fighter. But I think the concept rocks. Every barbarian should be a gnome.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't think I've ever played one because halflings and dwarves enjoy a bonus to saves vs. death that gnomes do not. But gnomes do get bonuses to save vs. spell and Barbarians enjoy a suite of immunities as well as sky-high STR and extremely high damage resistances in ToB. A gnome Barbarian has excellent potential.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i've played 100s of gnome berserkers, holy crap do they kick butt, never played a gnome barbarian though...
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391

A Gnome barbarian is heresy. Plain and simple. Halfling barnarians on the other hand... Played one resently and loved it. The saving throws are insane.

Take a look at the unbuffed hero (picked up 50% MR in hell - the last 5% will be there when the FoA is upgraded).

Everybody talks about dwarf and half orc barbrians.

Think Halfling and Elf barbarians would be the real ideal though. Barbarian rage already boosts Strength and Constitution, so you want a race with naturally high Dex, which they can't boost.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I've never used a gnome barbarian before. But I have used a gnome kensai.

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    I didn't do so in BG2, but I played the main NWN2 campaign as a gnome barbarian who dual wielded bastard swords as long as him via the monkey grip feat. Effectiveness wasn't the point, the point was he had really big swords. Relatively speaking.