Skip to content

Where is the Cloakwood Mine?

I finally got time (Ha!) to update to 2.5 from the Mac App Store. I've started two new games. Both times, I clear the bandit camps, but the Cloakwood Mines does not appear on the map. I don't mean that it's inaccessible, I mean that it is not there at all. Has anyone else run into this?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I ran into this on a Windows 10 install. I had the Tweaks Component that reveals the Cloakwood Forest early installed, and thinking that maybe this was causing a bug I uninstalled it. I haven't had the problem since, but maybe Tweaks had nothing to do with it... I couldn't guess at a cause.
    tbone1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Do you use mods? Did you continue your pre-2.5 game after updating?

We've got a few similar reports, and in all cases those were the games started pre-2.5 with mods.
    tbone1
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Yes, I have BG1NPC installed. For the record, this happened with a continuing and a new game. I'll re-install and try it again. Thanks.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited November 2018
    Don't know if this helps, but I've used BG1NPC for three runs now on 2.5 and cloakwood always appeared for me.

*edit*

I'm on Windows 10.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    OrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    My incident occurred during new game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This doesn't happen in an unmodded game, or, at least, we still haven't got a report about it which mentioned a game without mods.
    tbone1
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    There was a problem with v23.1 and v23.2 of NPC project where unlocking cloakwood early prevented the Mine map appearing when it was supposed to. This will happen to every new game you start. Installing v23.3, the latest version, would fix it. But v24 is releasing very soon with EE2.5 compatibility changes so I would hold out for that myself.

To get around the issue for your current games, here is the solution that I used from CLUA console:

Try the following command from the CLUA Console:

C:Eval('RevealAreaOnMap("AR1800")')

If you need information on activating the console check out this page:

https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39422/bg1npc-v23-3/p18
    JuliusBorisovtbone1
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    A note if you are re-installing v23.x NPC project onto EE2.5:

Do not install the open cloakwood early component from NPC project on EE2.5 as it will create world map issues. Using the equivalent component from Tweaks Anthology works OK though.

Also you should not install the Branwen, Kagain or Kivan components since EE2.5 has added content for those NPCs that would conflict with the mod.
    tbone1
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Have you talked to Elminster? He's usually what makes the mines appear for me
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Have you talked to Elminster? He's usually what makes the mines appear for me

Yes, but it appears the mod is making this happen regardless. Still haven't gotten to the bandit camp on a new, re-install run, though.