Skip to content

[MOD] Verr'Sza NPC (for BGEE and SoD)

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited November 2018
    Bug report:

[SoD, Dwarven dig site] Verr'Sza behaves very strangely: he doesn't respond to click/tap commands involving movement. He does a few steps and then stops.....
    Luke93 said:

Bug report:

[SoD, Dwarven dig site] Verr'Sza behaves very strangely: he doesn't respond to click/tap commands involving movement. He does a few steps and then stops.....

Sorry to bother again, but did you have a chance to look at this issue?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Not really... I mean, I don't even know where to start. It looks as if some script was trying to trigger something, but out there there is no area specific talks so I have no idea what could be causing this... Any more clues? Does it stop when you leave the area? (perhaps with a C:MoveToArea("XXXXXX") code where the exes is some other area code)

Not really... I mean, I don't even know where to start. It looks as if some script was trying to trigger something, but out there there is no area specific talks so I have no idea what could be causing this... Any more clues? Does it stop when you leave the area? (perhaps with a C:MoveToArea("XXXXXX") code where the exes is some other area code)

The issue seems to be related to this specific area (dunno about the second level, I haven't reached it yet.....)
    As I said, it's a bit weird, because there are no specific talk for that area. That's if we knew what is trying to trigger, we could simply use console to set some variable and turn that talk off.

You can still try using these to find out the source:

C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrSODFriendTalk","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerNeothelid","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerBasement","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerRecr","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerSacrifice","bd4500")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrRomanceSODTalk","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrRomance4","GLOBAL")
    C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrRomance5","GLOBAL")

...and give me a number after using each of those codes.

And if all of this has anything to do with the banters, I may need @Artemius_I to solve the problem and his way of implementing the banters was used and he knows it better than I do.
    edited November 2018

You can still try using these to find out the source:

1. C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrSODFriendTalk","GLOBAL")
    2. C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerNeothelid","GLOBAL")
    3. C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerBasement","GLOBAL")
    4. C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerRecr","GLOBAL")
    5. C:GetGlobal("L#1DVerSacrifice","bd4500")
    6. C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrRomanceSODTalk","GLOBAL")
    7. C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrRomance4","GLOBAL")
    8. C:GetGlobal("L#1VerrRomance5","GLOBAL")
    ...and give me a number after using each of those codes.

OK, here are the numbers:
    1. Set to 9
    2. Does not exist
    3. Does not exist
    4. Does not exist
    5. GLOBAL: L#1DVERSACRIFICE BD4500
    6. Does not exist
    7. Does not exist
    8. Does not exist

Keep in mind that I didn't import an existing team from BG1EE and I told Verr we were friends (when you meet him in front of the Elfsong Tavern in SoD......)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited November 2018
    @Luke93 If you know your way with NI (Near Infinity), there is a fairly easy way to identify which script block is causing the stutter. TheBigg wrote about the principle here, and Jarno made a small tool (to be installed like a mod) here.
    Only thing I'd do for the EE is adding after the line
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,~Running block %x% of %SOURCE_RES%.BCS~))

in the setup-LStest.tp2 the following:
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,~Running block %x% of %SOURCE_RES%.BCS~))

Because in my experience if the stutter bug is running, DisplayString (which are only shown in the text box) aren't always listed, so the DisplaStringHead (which is also displayed above the head of Player1) needs to be catched.

Then, if you see ingame which scriptblock of which script is causing the error, you can look it up with NI and post it here.
    @Artemius_I sent me a file that should have that fixed. Hope the new version is going to work properly. I just wonder if that was a problem with some script we can fix with console so you can play without any reinstallations.
    lolien
  • TheWhitefireTheWhitefire Member Posts: 119
    Happy to see this mod is still alive and kicking! Verr'Sza really fills a niche that's missing with good fighters in BG for evil parties, especially as some bug (I dunno if it's with mods or what, and I don't really care that much) keeps causing Dorn to bite it when he's fighting Senjak and Dorotea in my games currently. Also, I need a solid dual-wielder to replace Shar-Teel now that I have Eldoth in my party. As fun as watching the two duke it out would be, I like Eldoth more than I like Shar-Teel.

I wouldn't mind a BG2 version of this buddy, but I'm honestly happy just having him stick around in BG and SoD. :)
    lolien
    Uhm, thanks! Not sure if you know, but there is a BG2EE beta of this mod. You can find it here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71309/mod-verrsza-bg2ee
    lolien
    Very cool! The only issue I've had so far is the fact that Verr's class kit description says he can wear splint, but he can in fact only wear up to studded leather--which honestly isn't a problem, just a bit jarring to have a difference between the class's actual disadvantages and it's effective disadvantages.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @TheWhitefire

My bad on that one - the Naztharune ranger originally could use splint, but I changed it to a stalker's usability due to the original usability list making it unable to use certain magical items (e.g. Boots of Stealth). The description has not been updated to account for the change.
    Aha, that makes sense! But as I said, so far that's the only issue I've had with this mod.
    edited November 2018
    Just a note, I seem to be getting stutter in the Troll Cave random encounter in Siege of Dragonspear. Save file is attached. The other mods I have enabled are Sirene, ArtisansKitpack, Shadow Adept, Warlock, BardicWonders, and Continuous Viconia Appearance--none of which are being currently used in this save to the best of my knowledge. Oddly, he moves fine in combat. I'm currently on the romance track with him, and we did just recently have a conversation so maybe that's part of it?

EDIT: Leaving the area via the world map seemed to make the issue resolve.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    jastey said:

@Luke93 If you know your way with NI (Near Infinity), there is a fairly easy way to identify which script block is causing the stutter. TheBigg wrote about the principle here, and Jarno made a small tool (to be installed like a mod) here.
    Only thing I'd do for the EE is adding after the line

ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,~Running block %x% of %SOURCE_RES%.BCS~))

in the setup-LStest.tp2 the following:
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,~Running block %x% of %SOURCE_RES%.BCS~))

Because in my experience if the stutter bug is running, DisplayString (which are only shown in the text box) aren't always listed, so the DisplaStringHead (which is also displayed above the head of Player1) needs to be catched.

Then, if you see ingame which scriptblock of which script is causing the error, you can look it up with NI and post it here.
    Dammit I run into the same bug. I play on Android. Since SHS forum is temporalily (I hope) down - could someone give me some advice, how to solve this? Vers'za always stops after few steps. I am in Coast Way Crossing in SoD.
    edited December 2018
    @Caszidy

@LavaDelVortel updated the mod ~ 10 days ago, so this issue is hopefully fixed.
    It's still unclear if this issue can be fixed via console so that we can play without any reinstallations.....
    Yeah, it may be hard and @Artemius_I would need to answer the question and he was the one who updated to script that probably caused the issue.
    Unfortunately I have the most recent version (5.1 update from 20th november) installed, so the issue apparently persist :'(
    edited February 2019
    @Caszidy I put Jarno's stutter debug tool here for the moment:
    EDIT: the updated Tool is here: https://www.baldurs-gate.de/index.php?resources/stutter-debug-tool.38/
    I edited it with my suggestion above so further edits are not necessary.

Unzip the content into your game folder and install like a mod. (Depending on your install this might take a while). If in doubt, chose "Without the G3'BGII Fixpack" install choice.

If you see ingame which block of which script is causing the stutter, post the content here (with NI for example).
    Post edited by jastey on
    Caszidy
    I am sorry but I am a little bit of noob in this - what should I look for? I installed the mod and in game there now constantly run series of "reports" but only with the name of my Charname, no Vers'za even if I gave him some task to do and he starts walking and than stops - no "report" with his name? I am sorry, I don't get it?
    edited December 2018
    The info is placed above Charname's head / with Charname's name, that's how it's supposed to be. Can you identify what it says right before Verr'Sza starts the stutter, I mean every time he stops walking? There should be a line repeating itself, something like "Running block xx of yyyyy.BCS" (the xx and yyyyy.bcs being the interesting part).
    Caszidy
    Well if I see it right, it looks like its "running block 169 of C02ABANT.BCS
    I dunno if this is useful info or not, but the problem seems to only occur in SoD, and also happens with a few of @Artemius_I 's characters as well, again only in SoD, never in the main game.
    Caszidy
    Yes I also have this issue with Drake in Three Old Kegs in SoD, but with him the issue briefly vanished, so I didn't pay much attention to it.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Been swamped with classwork lately and am exhausted at the moment, but will try to take a look at things tomorrow morning.
    Caszidy
    Caszidy said:

Well if I see it right, it looks like its "running block 169 of C02ABANT.BCS

Do you use NI (Near Infinity) and could look up that script block, by any chance? That would help tremendously.
    I opened it in NI and under this script block there is:

RESPONSE #10
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,103016)) // Running block 17 of C02ABANT.BCS
    ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,103016)) // Running block 17 of C02ABANT.BCS
    DisplayStringHead("C0Aura",74352) // I-- I'm not sure what you mean by that.
    SetGlobalTimer("BD_BANTER_DELAY","MYAREA",4)
    SetGlobal("C02AuraDorn1","MYAREA",20)
    edited December 2018
    It should be the one saying "running block 169 of C02ABANT.BCS" (from your quote above) and all the block would be important, i.e. the part beginning with the IF in front of the RESPONSE part(s), too. EDIT: Basically post everything from IF to END whith the "block 169" in between. :)
    I am sorry, I am total beginner with NI and maybe I am dumb o:) but when I open this script in NI and look in the line 169 there is: ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,103016)) // Running block 17 of C02ABANT.BCS and nothing more? Should I do something more with it in NI?
    Not the line 169, but the script block where it says "running block 169 of C02ABANT.BCS". ;)