Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Heya! Do you have any questions for Luke and Trent for tomorrow?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Heya! Do you have any questions for Luke and Trent for tomorrow?

Any news on BG 20th anniversary celebration?
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Are there plans for updating the renderer so it will reference normal, specular, and diffuse textures directly from the bitmaps defined in model files? As much as I like the new shaders, it is far too daunting to update all my custom content to include the new lines and additional files required to make use of them.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Ancarion We've been working on updating the renderer, yes. According to Trent (during the last 2 streams) Cam has been on the 6th and 7th circles of Hell because of it.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Being a game developer in the past, you had to deal with constraints from both liscencers and publishers when it came to creating content. Could you please elaborate on the new content you would like to create now that you are both a developer and publisher? Thank you for reading and happy gaming to all.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Question for the stream: Can I synch Android and Steam savegames automatically?
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    How's the renderer coming along and when can we get a sneak peek of how good NWN will look with new assets?

How's the renderer coming along and when can we get a sneak peek of how good NWN will look with new assets?

When - only when the renderer is complete, and the devs are happy with it. How's it coming along - yes, this should be covered by today's livestream.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Simple but slightly techy question. Why is the value for facing you get in the toolset when you use adjust position 90 degrees different to what you need to supply to the script function CreateObject? Is this an oversight, a bug or just one of those things?

TR
    @TarotRedhand This one, and subsequent questions, will go to the next stream, as the list for today's stream is already set.
    As always, feel free to ask questions for tomorrow's livestream.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    @JuliusBorisov
    I have two questions:

1) how is the iOS version of NWN:ee coming along? And when is the Beta version ready for testing?

And yes: off course I’ll buy it - and test it for you!!

2) As the curators of both BG2 and NWN, when will you fulfill the old promise: being able to export your characters from BG2 into NWN??
    #dontforgettheoldpromise:”theadventuredonthavetoendhere-youcanimportyourbg2characterintoneverwinternights”

And yes I know its daft- but its also extremely cool. Think about it...

edited November 2018
    I would like to start off by saying thanks for both reading and answering my question during the Beamdog Livestream on (triumphantly raises fists in the air) "BLACK FRIDAAAAAAAAAAY!". :lol:

A couple livestreams ago, Trent "The Wizard of OZ"ster stated that he would like to make new fun. Would the wise Mr. Oster care to enlighten us on the new fun he would like to make? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Question for Live Stream : Is Beamdog open to doing a Sci-Fi Enhanced Edition release for something like ShadowRun or Arcanum in the future ?
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    I think Beamdog is now more focus on new stuff than just enhancing old games.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    they ran out of games to enhance anyways. people say arcanum but that game does run fine on modern pcs i would like a better tab high light feature as that qol change did fix certain aspects of planescape.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Yet - some old quality content games are still out there that could use some modernization, enhancement and also deployment to mobile.

As of now, we have had quite a few quality fantasy titles given this treatment by Beamdog - I would personally like them to give Sci Fi a crack.
    Howdy, everyone! What questions do you have for Luke and Trent this week?
    @JuliusBorisov Hail! Er, snow and HO-HO-HO! I will try not to make this too lengthy a question: *Multi-part Alert* Knowing now that you want to drop the curator hat, would Mr. Trent Oster give us some insight as to the "new fun" he would like to make? What is his vision of the future for NWN:EE, and how can end users like myself contribute toward making that vision a reality beyond the scope of purchasing new content when it's released for sale? I only ask this question with the sole intent of helping NWN:EE be the best it can be. I think you all @Beamdog are doing an awesome job, and I just want to do my part to ensure that you keep making awesome games.

Sincerely,
    Prince_Raymond
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Are any writers currently working on new NWN projects for Beamdog?
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited December 2018
    @JuliusBorisov

Now that NWN:EE has been released on Android, could you please give us an ETA of the Steam achievements? Please don't use business terms such as "we are working on it", "soon" or Trent's glorious "yes".

I hope that the mobile version will be a huge success!
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168

Howdy, everyone! What questions do you have for Luke and Trent this week?

Any plans to add new emotes/combat animations other than esoteric discussions?
    Any plans to add new art assets such as tilesets, skyboxes, loadscreens, etc, and if so, what is the timetable for release?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I have more of a request than a question for the next stream.

Currently the function void SpawnScriptDebugger() does not work. This is because NwN EE lacks an executable in the utils folder that is present in 1.69 - DebugServer.exe. According to a post on here, the 1.69 version will work with EE. As I assume you have all of the contents of the utils folder could you please include this in a patch even if it is only a stop-gap until you do (eventually) update the toolset.

TR
    Question for tomorrow's Beamdog Livestream: What would you consider to be the ideal system hardware configuration to run NWN:EE with all the graphics quality settings at maximum and all the advanced frame buffer effects enabled?
    New Question from another thread with a developer post in it: Is there a 17 bone limit in skin meshes now?
    Did either of you play D&D before getting into game development? If so, how has it influenced you (if it has)?
    Does Johnny Ree work exclusively for Beamdog? I've always loved his models for NWN2 back in the day, with Bouncy Rock. Great artist.
    JFK said:

Does Johnny Ree work exclusively for Beamdog? I've always loved his models for NWN2 back in the day, with Bouncy Rock. Great artist.

Not sure? Check out his TW.
This discussion has been closed.