Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What questions do you want to pass to Luke and Trent for tomorrow's stream?
    Aedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Do you plan to release the voice pack for foreign languages?
    Even if the source code is lost, would you consider the chance to work on IWD2EE as long term project?
    Is The Temple of Elemental Evil in the list of the games you would like to enhance?
    Why don't you post on the forum more ofte, Trent? Stop lurking! ;)
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Aedan said:

Is The Temple of Elemental Evil in the list of the games you would like to enhance?

This one has been answered negatively during the previous stream. Sorry!
    Aedan
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Does the conversion to android depend on 64 bit graphic update?

Is the plan to get nwn on IOS:
    -64 bit
    -android
    -ios?

***Do you feel that having more than one repository of hacks/modules fragmenting?
    I love the steam workshop, but it has less 1 percent of what the vault has.
    Android and IOS’s will most definetly have even less than that percentage as compared to vault if you plan on using separate mechanism to download and store the data.
    Is there anything that can be done to even out the content on the different platforms?
    I fear their may not be a benifit for me as an iOS user if I get more content on pc

JuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

Aedan said:

This one has been answered negatively during the previous stream. Sorry!
    Sad news, but thank you for posting the reply about this topic!
    JuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisov
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    Best consider that one a warning.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    The enhanced weapons are really nice but seem to be dropping at a very slow rate.

Can the dev team give any time frame for the enhanced PC models, equipment and tilesets? I can't wait to play this game when everything looks enhanced.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    If IWD2EE is impossible, how about IWD2-reborn? I mean, remade? Detailed plot, dialogs, maps, item lists and so on - all available. Would it be so difficult to re-make it on EE-Infinity Engine?
    fetito666
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Mirandel said:

If IWD2EE is impossible, how about IWD2-reborn? I mean, remade? Detailed plot, dialogs, maps, item lists and so on - all available. Would it be so difficult to re-make it on EE-Infinity Engine?

What about the Unity-engine which has been used in "Pillars of Eternity"? Maybe Beamdog and Obsidian could exchange technology somehow.
    Mirandel
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    fetito666 said:

Mirandel said:

What about the Unity-engine which has been used in "Pillars of Eternity"? Maybe Beamdog and Obsidian could exchange technology somehow.
    Or they could rebuild it as a premium module for NWNEE
    fetito666RifleLeroyMirandel
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Will UI update (done for android) allow for future UI control via script?
    Can(will) you add support for at least virtual folders in Toolset for scripts and conversations? (similar to NWN2)
    Any ETA on next update?
    A total of 14 questions asked before the stream has been answered during today's stream. The recap will be available next week. Thanks for all the feedback. Those answers that won't enter the recap - I'll post them on the forum.
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrAedanlolien
    YouTube used to be updated within an hour of the live stream. Any chance of being updated today?
    Check out the recap for replies to your questions: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/09/september-07-livestream-recap.html

For @Shandyr: Lee played it when it came out. He doesn't have much time to play MMOs these days. He doesn't know about a potential common project, it's not his call, but he can explore the possibility. He'd love to do some stuff with that team.
    [Deleted User]lolien
    edited September 2018
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    Tomorrow it'll be Trent and Sarah Dawson on the livestream! If you have a question for them, feel free to ask here!
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Hi @JuliusBorisov

I have a question:

Does Beamdog have any plans / dreams of adding content to BG2 or ToB? For instance continuing Skie’s or Caelar’s stories.

And how about IWD? More chilling content?

Personally I really liked SoD and would very much like to see more content from Beamdog. Keep up the good work

Ps. Absolutely love the porting of the games to iOS - brilliant move Trent. Hope you can do the same with NWN:ee
    Aedan[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    edited September 2018
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovAedan
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Can we get a PlaySoundAtLocation function? If we can play sounds just by giving a location then it will be easier to script events without the need to rely on action queue problems or soundObjects everywhere a monster or NPC might need to make its strange sounds.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Can(will) you add support for at least virtual folders in Toolset for scripts and conversations? (similar to NWN2)
    JuliusBorisov
    What kind of tablets are being used to demonstrate nwn?
    JuliusBorisov
    As always, I'll be happy to gather your questions for the stream tomorrow. Not all questions can be answered, ofc (for example, we've heard @DFDark but can't provide an answer at this time).

Tomorrow it should be Trent and Luke on the livestream. Do you have questions for them?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Can we get a nerf for locked chests in the OC? Their physical damage reduction borders immunity to everything. Failing that, how about an armor made out of chests? No doubt it would protect the wearer better than any kind of full plate armor.
    JuliusBorisov
    Just an update on 64 bit for nwn would be nice.
    They will likely talk about it anyways
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Are there any plans to hire localization studios to record voiceovers for the new BGEE / BG2EE content and SoD for already translated non-English languages? If not are you willing to consider including fan-made voiceovers in upcoming patches, if the quality of the recording is good enough for official release?
    JuliusBorisovAedan
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Once modders have put iwd2 into the ee engine, would Beamdog consider turning it into iwd2ee with polish, features, npcs etc?
    JuliusBorisov
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    they don't have a right to do that i think. they would not be allowed to downgrade a game to an older d&d edition.
    fluke13
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for the Neverwinter shirt! I won the raffle on the August 24th stream and I was supposed to be out of the country at work but ended up back for a bit and got to try it on, good quality and firs really well. Now I get to walk around with the Eye of Neverwinter judging all.

As for the stream tomorrow, my question would be is there any modifications to current classes/spells/effects/characters for any of the EE games that the team want or wanted to tackle but can’t for whatever reason?

Things like actually making Charisma affect Sorcery and high Wisdom giving any class special saves against certain effects or class limitations that hamper them. Odd little changes that make more logical sense but are like too risky or bold or system breaking but they would have liked to implement or would get too much pushback. Minsc as a Berserker kit for example.

Also what was supposed to be in the locked chest in Nashkel barracks that is ‘locked by magical means’? Can we put some nice agate gems in there in an update?

Cheers!
    JuliusBorisov
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited September 2018
    Just read all the fixes in the 1.77 readme file of my installation of NWN:EE DD. I was kind of hoping maybe you would touch on the attack bonus miscalculation issue that is causing the combat UI to impose penalties where there should not be any. Any idea when the Weapon Master prestige class will be able to select Unarmed Strike as a legitimate Weapon of Choice?

On a less serious topic, @TrentOster How in the world did you manage to enlist Gal Gadot to be our Community Manager and get her to sit with you for the Sep 14, 2018 BeamDog Live stream? :blush: Kidding, of course. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.