Skip to content

BG1 NPC Pack mod for Android 2.5.17 without Windows

Hello all,
My apologies for asking a question which may have already been answered; nevertheless, despite wading through multiple threads, I cannot seem to find an up to date answer. Is there any possible way to get this mod running without having access to a PC running Windows? This is the only mod I want to run, but getting access to a PC Is just not possible for me. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Pholisma, I have put a number of modfiles together for members of the forum due to their not having access to a PC. Happy to do the same for yourself. Which components of BG1NPC are you wishing to put into the game, and did you want any other mods installed as well?

Just provide a list of mods and components for each and I will see what I can do.

Merry Christmas
    Gus
  • PholismaPholisma Member Posts: 14
    Wow! This is such a generous offer, thank you! For the BG1 NPC mod, I would just like the dialgues and romances, no BG2 portraits or romance conflicts. I would also like Six of Spades journal modifications. Other than that, I am not picky. Something that removed the XP cap and added a bag of holding would be nice, but it has been so long since I played I do not even remember if those are options or in what mods they can be found. Sword Coasts Stratagems with all the difficulty enhancing options would be nice, too. The only other ideas I can think of would be any mods that add dialog - Neera banters and Chatty Imoen are the only others I am aware of. And the Gavin NPC mod. I basically enjoy the NPC interactions from mods and would like the base game a little more difficult as I played it so much years ago I want to make sure it is a bit challenging (if possible). Thank you so much, Gus, and Merry Christmas to you as well!

Roger
    Sounds good. Be aware, the current BG1NPC mod is not totally compatible with 2.5.17.0. Will see what else can be installed using your theme of dialogue. Will use Tweaks Anthology for the other parts.

Gus
    Thank you for letting me know that... I will be certain to avoid using those characters and I am perfectly OK to wait to tackle Cloakwood. Thank you again for doing this; BGTutu and BG2 spoiled me on NPC interactions, I think. I ultimately hope to play Siege of Dragonspear and the finally-finished Imoen Romance in BG2; I am grateful for you doing this for me so I can enjoy the whole experience.
    edited December 2018
    Hi @Pholisma, hopefully this will play with no errors... Did a quick test and was able to create PC, move through Candlekeep and speak with Imoen (to initially test BG1NPC). Seemed to work fine.

I am uploading in two parts. First part is the game without SCS (in case someone wanted the dialogues without the difficulty of SCS) and the second is with SCS.

First Part:
    Because the modfile is just over the 50MB limit, I have separated the lang.zip from the rest. I have also included the WeiDU.log so that you can see exactly what was included.

What's in it:
    BG1NPC v23.3 - Left everybody in their original starting location.
    BG1NPC Music Pack v6.0 (Standard)
    Neera Banters v0.9.1
    Chatty Imoen v1.2

Gavin v13 (Cleric of Lathander)
    Aura v1.91 (Artificer - Thief)
    Valerie v1.1 (Sorcerer)
    Vynd v2 (Drow Assassin)
    Sirene v2.51 (True Paladin)
    VerrSza v5.2 (Ranger)
    White v2.0 (Barbarian)

Tweaks Anthology v7.0
    - Bag of Holding added
    - XP Cap removed
    - Bottomless Bags
    - Unlimited Stacking
    - couple of other small tweaks

To Install:
    - Download the files attached and place them onto your device.
    - Copy 'lang-en_US_NoSCS.zip to your 'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder (into the root where baldur.lua is)
    - Unpack 'BG1EE.2.5.17.0_Pholisma_NoSCS.zip' into the same folder making sure that you keep your folder structure. You should be able to do this with the default File Manager.
    - You should no have something looking like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override' (folder)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/save' (folder)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/baldur.lua' (File)
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip' (File)”

Make sure you don't have a copy of the .zip files in your Files folder as this may conflict and crash the game (nothing serious).

The modfile is only valid for this version of the game (2.5.17.0) due to the changes that get made in diaog.tlk.

I have batched the install, so if there is something extra that you want, or something that you don't want, let me know and it will be a quick change.

SCS version in next post.
    Gus

UI.MENU and Console:
    May as well put it in while I am here... There is an additional file attached called UI.MENU.txt. If you want to have access to the Cheats Console, just rename this file to UI.MENU and copy it to the override folder. An icon will show in the bottom right hand corner - single touch opens the console and long touch closes it. This will also work with the above modfile.

Edit: See below for Updated version
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    edited December 2018
    @Pholisma, SCS version:
    Because this was always going to be over the limit, I have included the lang.zip within the zip files and when upacked, it will sit in the right postion.

Contents are the same as above with only SCS as extra. There was an install error with SCS in that it couldn't find 'INNATE_FIEND_DISPEL_MAGIC.spl' when modding the Improved Demon Cultists. I am not sure what the impact of this will be but only one way to find out...

To Install:
    - Unpack 'BG1EE.2.5.17.0_Pholisma_SCSa.zip' into the 'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder making sure that you keep your folder structure. It contains the first half of the override folder and the lang.zip.
    - Unpack 'BG1EE.2.5.17.0_Pholisma_SCSb.zip' into the same folder making sure that you keep your folder structure. It contains the second half of the override folder.
    - You should now have something looking like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.zip' (File)”

UI.MENU and Console:
    I forgot to include the console access in the above post. There is an additional file attached called UI.MENU.txt. If you want to have access to the Cheats Console, just rename this file to UI.MENU and copy it to the override folder. An icon will show in the bottom right hand corner - single touch opens the console and long touch closes it. This will also work with the above modfile.

That is about it. Again, hopefully it all works as intended. If not, just let me know and I will see if it can be fixed.

Gather your party
    Gus

Edit: Removed one of the install lines (copying the lang.zip as it will unpack into place) - Sorry, copy and pasted that section...

Also forgot to let you know how to uninstall either mod.
    To Uninstall:
    - Delete the lang.zip file from the root of Files
    - Delete the 'override' folder
    - Done. Back to Vanilla.

• SedaSeda Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2018
    No he probado ningún mod en android (no se instalarlos). Voy a probar este. El archivo Lang ¿hay que descomprimirlo?
    Gracias.
    Hi @Seda, the lang.zip should be left packed as the .zip file in the root of Files. It has been treated with 'centralfix' to allow the game to read it's contents.

No probs
    Gus
    Thank you SO much for doing this. The good news - the game runs, and a couple of the mods (higher stacks of ammo, whatever mod allows me to pick weapons proficiency whether skills) work just fine. The bad news - the dialogue additions from the NPC project just are listed as "invalid" followed by a number. I will test a little bit more to see if anything else is not working at the moment. No idea what to make if this, but thank you again for trying!

Further followup: the game crashed whenever I called up the area map (world map was fine); I located both Gavin and Sirene at the temple, but both had invalid dialogue. I could not determine if SCS was working or not. Again, thank you so much for trying.
    Hi @Pholisma, that is sad news indeed. Which device are you playing on?

Can it be confirmed that the file 'lang-en_US_SCS.zip' is located in the root of Files (where baldur.lua is) and that it is the only .zip file in that folder. Also making sure that it isn't unpacked into /lang folder (there shouldn't be a /lang folder). If any of the downloaded .zips are still in the Files folder (this is what could conflict and crash the game), they would need to be moved or deleted. I normally keep any packed modfiles I am playing/testing within 'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition'. The game doesn't use this other than as a containter for Files.

I just tried both versions (on a Samsung Note 4) of the modfiles and both worked with dialog showing as it should (no Invalid text), and I was able bring up the Area Map (albeit a little slower with the SCS version due to my ancient device); no crashes. I will test them a little while longer to see if any problems show up later in the game.

Hopefully the problem is something simple like the initial .zip files still there...
    Gus
    I am running an ASUS POOI with Android 7.0; I have verified that no other zip files are present in the Files folder, that the lang file is where it should be, and that it is not unpacked. I have played around with it in varying locations, but none of them seem to work; I even tried a fresh install without SCS. I am certain it is something with that specific file, but for the life!of me I cannot figure out what. Thank you again for all your efforts on my behalf; I will continue to work with it, but it may just be a lost cause.
    edited December 2018
    @Pholisma, give this one a go. It is using a work around for similar problems with BG2EE but I have never had to do it with BG1EE before. It contains a copy of the dialog.tlk as dialogf.tlk. I will put both the SCS and NoSCS versions here. Remove the lang.zip from the Files folder and place the appropriate version in it's place. There should be no need to rename them but if it still fails (on a new game), then try renaming them to just lang.zip. Have tested both with current names.

I suppose I should confirm that you are using english as the language to play the game...

Gus

IT WORKS! That fixed it with no issues at all! Thank you SO much for this. Not many people would be this kind to a stranger. Plus you taught me some good points about the Android operating system. Have a great day!
    kaelnis
    @Pholisma, that is great to hear. It is odd that we had to go down this path but if it works, it works!

Hope you enjoy the game.
    Gus
    Pholisma
    edited December 2018
    Hola GUS. El mod funciona. (Mi idioma es Español por si se puede cambiar). He visto que has introducido un nuevo kit de paladín. Si pudieras añadir los nuevos kit de bardo del mod de Bardic Wonders sería genial. (Quizá debería abrir un nuevo hilo).
    MUCHAS GRACIAS POR TODO GUS.
    Post edited by Seda on
    Hi @Seda, that is good to hear as well. I will see about adding the Bard and add update here. I am unsure about the spanish language for all of the mods though. Can only look and see what happens...

Gus
    edited December 2018
    @Pholisma, this is a new version of the modfile... When I was looking at a version using Spanish language files, I found that the Aura NPC and Tweaks Anthology were clashing creating problems. You prob wont find Aura anywhere and/or your XP Cap wont be removed. This version fixes that and adds the Bardic Wonders as requested by @Seda.

I will remove the above modfiles so as not to confuse anyone...

What's in it (examine WeiDU.log for components):
    BG1NPC v23.3 - Left everybody in their original starting location.
    BG1NPC Music Pack v6.0 (Standard)
    Neera Banters v0.9.1
    Chatty Imoen v1.2

Gavin v13 (Cleric of Lathander)
    Aura v1.91 (Artificer - Thief)
    Valerie v1.1 (Sorcerer)
    Vynd v2 (Drow Assassin)
    Sirene v2.51 (True Paladin)
    VerrSza v5.2 (Ranger)
    White v2.0 (Barbarian)

Bardic Wonders v1.3

Tweaks Anthology v7.0
    - Bag of Holding added
    - XP Cap removed
    - Bottomless Bags
    - Unlimited Stacking
    - couple of other small tweaks

SCS

To Install:
    - Unpack 'BG1EE.2.5.17.0_Pholisma2_SCSa.zip' into the 'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files' folder making sure that you keep your folder structure. It contains the first half of the override folder and the lang.zip.
    - Unpack 'BG1EE.2.5.17.0_Pholisma2_SCSb.zip' into the same folder making sure that you keep your folder structure. It contains the second half of the override folder.
    - You should now have something looking like:

'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/lang-en_US.SCS.zip' (File)”

UI.MENU and Console:
    There is an additional file attached called UI.MENU.txt. If you want to have access to the Cheats Console, just rename this file to UI.MENU and copy it to the override folder. An icon will show in the bottom right hand corner - single touch opens the console and long touch closes it.

To Uninstall:
    - Delete the lang.zip file from the root of Files
    - Delete the 'override' folder
    - Done. Back to Vanilla.

Gus
    For those who don't want to play using SCS, this is the same as above less SCS mod. Installation instructions are the same (disregarding and mention of SCS of course) and access to the the console the same.

Enjoy
    Gus
    Hi @Seda, here is an attempt at the Spanish language version with SCS. Haven't tested it as I can't speak Spanish so let me know if there any problems. Google Translate is my very good friend here...

Also, I ony generated the SCS version. If you actually wanted the Non SCS version, let me know.

Disfrutar
    Gus
    Seda
    edited December 2018
    Gus, con que tenga NPC de BG1 en español y/o los kit bardos añadidos me bastaría. (Cualquier otra cosa serà bienvenida, como por ejemplo más munición para armas a distancia).
    P.D.: ¡el paladín mártir es fabuloso!

Muchas gracias por tus aportaciones.

(Uso Freakyzip 1,2,3,4 entre otras aportaciones que has compartido, la verdad, es que formáis un gran foro).
    Thanks @Seda, the Paladin kit is all @AionZ work and deserves all the credit. It was part of the Sirene NPC mod. Hopefully all is gong well for you and the game plays as it should.

Have a great 2019
    Gus
    edited December 2018
    Gus con solo poder cambiar de profesión los NPC también me bastaría. Orden de caracteristicas:
    1. Mod NPC español.
    2. Mod nuevos kit bardo (o incluir NPC bardo).
    3. Poder cambiar NPC de profesión.

(P.D.: acabo de ver qye en el MOD, que también está el kit de Explorador de la Naturaleza, pero solo para NPC).

Gracias de nuevo.
    Buen 2019.
    SEDA.
    Post edited by Seda on
    Gusinda
    Thanks for the update. I did not realize you had posted it as I have been offline a few days. This explains why i did not see Aura anywhere, although the other NPC's seem to be working OK. No information on the XP cap yet, as I am only in Chapter 3. The only thing that is not working, as near as I can tell, is the Dynaheir romance and journal quest. I am fairly certain I met all the requirements, but I am going back to an earlier save to be sure. Do you recommend I re-install and restart? I can easily do so. I should have had you change Jaheira to an Avenger, too... She advances WAY too slowly. As always, thanks for everything.
    @Pholisma, yeah. If you take on the new pack then I would definately restart. You most probably already entered the area for Aura and if that is the case, she still wouldn't be there.

I could change the kit for Jaheira but we are having visitors for the next couple of weeks so I am unsure when I could get to it. I might be abe to do it before they arrive but that is an unknown... I also found that I made Sirene a True Paladin (finger fault) instead of keeping her as the Martyr kit so I wanted to fix that as well.

Gus
    edited January 2019
    Hola @Gusinda lo he probado en móvil Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Los kit de bardo funcionan (qué bien :smile: ). Los diàlogos aparecen como invalid. Probaré esta tarde en la tablet y haré más pruebas.

P.D.: Sin SCS también estaria bien.

¡Muchísimas gracias Gusinda!

SEDA.
    Thanks for all of this, @Gusinda. I will try a restart; if you ever do switch Jaheira's and Sirene's kits, I would appreciate it, but certainly only at your convenience. I greatly appreciate all you have done for me. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. Once I get the romance(s) going, I will be set. I assume you went with the standard timing between dialogues; I have a nice, full game ahead. Thanks again!
    @Pholisma, here is the new version of the modfile. Jaheira now is a 'Pure' Druid and Sirene is her default kit. There is NPC_EE installed which will allow any of the ingame NPCs to change their kit. When you get Jaheria, open her special abilities and select the spell that has the shape of a person, this is the change kit spell, and select your kit. When you have done that, go back into her special abilitied area and you will find new spells. These are the proficiencies selection spells, cast all of them and you should now have her as an Avenger. These spells are available on all NPCs but I am unsure whether they will work on the modded NPCs. I lean towards 'they don't'.

You should also now have more success with the romance and yes, set to standard (1 Hour).

Other than that, the description of the modfiles and use of UI is as above.

Enjoy
    Gus
    @Seda, how did you go with the tablet? I will see if I can try and test this end for invalid text on my device. I will see if I can do the Spanish version of the new modfile as well. Having the ability to change the NPC kits can add to the joy of the game. This wont be until tomorrow as it is late here.

Gus