Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89

• CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Mokona, @Canzah - Are you two volunteering to take over coding the mod?
    ThacoBellMaxAraderAedan
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's not like the current version got borked when 2.5 came out. it's working fine for me anyways.
    ThacoBell
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416

it's not like the current version got borked when 2.5 came out. it's working fine for me anyways.

Regardless, I'll be waiting patiently for this mod to be properly updated for 2.5 before starting my playthrough.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy me some RimWorld 1.0.
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    jastey said:

Stating interest in a mod update is great and every modder likes to read it.

Complaining that the work the modder does in his/her free time voluntarily without getting paid is taking "too long" is very inappropriate and sad.

Chill Winston. I don't think they're complaining so much as joking around. We're all just looking forward to it is all. And we all appreciate the effort involved.

Doesn't mean jokes will not be made, however.
    MokonaSssiksseilor
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sounds like justification after the fact, to me.
    Aedanrapsam2003
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Maybe don't make jokes then? I assume we're all adults and can show self-control...
    ThacoBellAedan
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    Or perhaps some people just have a different sense of humour? Also, it's not "justification after the fact", but a comment that you shouldn't take these sorts of random comments so seriously. There is no need to get angry about these sorts of comments or blow them out of proportion.

Were they a bit insensitive? Possibly, but the question that should be asked is what the intent was. Given the nature of the conversation before hand, I suspect it was simply a humorous attempt to inquire about the status of the mod, or a comment on how dead this topic has been the last week or two (desert = dead place? That's how i interpreted it).

If we were all adults here, I would hope that we could discuss this calmly WITHOUT the passive aggressive comments. This is a small enough community as it is. We don't need to potentially alienate people or newcomers who are following the forum.

At the end of the day, it is up to AstroBryGuy as the modder on how to deal with these sorts of comments. If he (assuming he, but one never knows) is offended, then he can tell them. WE, however, risk blowing the nature of these comments out of proportion by intervening out of what is potentially misplaced and misguided anger or frustration.

This sort of attitude has made Nexus Mods a very toxic website for a lot of people, and I would hate to see the same thing here.

Especially over something so stupid as a bloody GIF.
    MokonaSssiksseilor
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited October 2018
    Point blank: stop justifying bad behavior. AstroBryGuy has already indicated quite clearly that he didn't find it funny. Nor do many others. If you can't see why a modder might find it insulting for someone to post a gif like that, then it's obvious you need to step on the other side of the spectrum and try that out sometime.
    AedanThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Folks, let's cut this off-topic talk short, please.
    semiticgoddessZaghoul
  • uaintjakuaintjak Member Posts: 15
    So I've run into a problem with the Shadow Druids and the quest in the Cloakwood where you are supposed to rescue the Druidess who disappeared. I get to the fourth map, and Beador is there lying on the ground surrounded by Druids. None of them talk to me and no event triggers. I kill the druids and still nothing from Beador (when I click to talk to him, my character walks up to him, but nothing happens). Any ideas?

boabadino said:

any update?

Mostly done. Need to button up a couple things, update the README, and then it will be ready.
    Have there been any updates since then? Are there any things the community could assist with? (Proofreading documentation, checking various interactions in-game, etc...)
  • VanoVano Member Posts: 8
    I have a short question, hope it is OK to ask it here.

Just installed the BG1 NPC Mod (my first mod to be installed). How do I see that the installation worked, before I start a new game? Is it possible to check? I am using MacOS.

Thanks in advance!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited November 2018
    You could open the file weidu.log with a text editor and see whether it lists the BG1NPC Project as installed. The weidu.log should be in your main game folder.
    Also, you could check the SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG whether it says "successfully installed" at the end or lists any errors during install.
    Vano
  • VanoVano Member Posts: 8
    I checked the files and everything seems OK. Also I can now talk directly to the NPCs and this was not possible before as far as I know.

Now I am waiting for new dialogues! :)
    Wise_GrimwaldGusinda
    yep. that is my test to see if the mod is working as it's the first npc project related banter you will see.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222

Updating the documentation today. There were some components moved around - and a few moved to Tweaks Anthology. I need to do a full revision of the variable documentation (for modders), but that will be a future release. It won’t hold up v24. But I do want to get the README updated for users to install.

Sorry for the delays. My work has been 12-14 hour days for about 3 months. Not much time for modding (nor do you want the code I write at 1am after 3-4 hours of sleep the previous night, or Yeslick might summon a pit fiend when you ask him about his family ?). Should have it ready soon.

Components moved to tweaks - interesting. I have not been using that mod so far so will have to check it out.

Thanks so much for getting this out. I am useless for anything else if I have to work those kind of hours so can totally understand the struggle. I'm sure there are many in the community who appreciate your effort as much as I do.

georgelappies
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Thank you so much for all your efforts, dear @AstroBryGuy :)
    ThacoBellgeorgelappies
    No worries, @AstroBryGuy

I'm very grateful for your work and efforts on this project, and I totally understand that Real Life gets in the way of things.

If there's anything we can help with to ease the load, let us know!
    georgelappies
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    @AstroBryGuy

Curious question is this mod compatible with Unfinished Business, specifically the Kivan and Tazok portion?
    Greener said:

@AstroBryGuy

Curious question is this mod compatible with Unfinished Business, specifically the Kivan and Tazok portion?

the newest patch actually added some ub stuff back into the game. it's the main reason this and ub had to be updated to avoid conflicts.
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Good day friends

I would like to first and foremost thank the creator of this excellent mod.

Is it possible to use this mod with the latest 2.5.x release of the game on the Steam platform? I tried to find this answer on the forum, but could no where get a definitive guide. Some people say to not install the Cloakwood area and some other areas.

Can anybody please provide a very quick guide on how to do this if it is at all possible?
    Also, it seems like the site hosting the mod is down?

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=11
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @georgelappies You can install and run the mod fine with a few exceptions. Don't install the component to open cloakwood early, that seems to prevent the mine itself from opening up later when it should. Kivan, Kagain, and Branwen might have some funky stuff happening as the latest patch incorporated their unfinished content into the game. So use those three characters cautiously.
    georgelappiesWise_Grimwald
    Aah, excellent. Thanks ThacoBell, most appreciated.
    ThacoBell
    I see the link from Gibberlings site is still not working? Anywhere else one can download 23.3?