Skip to content

Enchant the Missile Launchers (Ranged Weapon Tweak)

Comments

• DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    @Dee I'm finally starting to work on IR/SR builds dedicated to EE and this tweak of yours for launchers is a must have imo. Would you mind if IR will include it?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not at all! Just let me know how you're using it, and if you're making any changes to the mechanics of it.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
    edited September 2016
    Dee said:

Not at all! Just let me know how you're using it, and if you're making any changes to the mechanics of it.

I haven't looked into your code (too busy finally closing builds I should have released 6 months ago) but ideally I wish to achieve the following:
    - launcher use its enchantment bonus regardless of ammo used
    - if ammo enchantment is higher, than use ammo enchantment
    - That's it.

Edit: not sure if thac0/dmg from launcher and ammo stacking is affected by this, I assume only enchantment is, right?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheInsanity556TheInsanity556 Member Posts: 4
    Hey I wanny try to install this mod, but When I try to install it using the method listed on an earlier page all that happens is that the Weidu interface shows up, says that I have to mod queried, but then there are no options to install or do anything to it, how do I make a Weidu launcher for this mod?
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2018
    Now it not working. I downloaded again, the weidu setup and it just shows a message that not unpacked corrslectly ? What its meaning ? Can you help me to install thismod ? Thanks :)

I found the solution so its not a question anymore.
    Post edited by Danacm on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    How did I miss this!? THis looks great!
    Danacm
    @ThacoBell not just looks great, its awesome. My archer with Taralash +5 can shoot as +5 fire or frost arrows :)
    ThacoBell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    DanacmThacoBell_Luke_
  • TyrionBeanTyrionBean Member Posts: 15
    Hey there, thanks for the mod. I've been using it in BG and BGII. I'm trying it out now in IWD and it doesn't appear to be working. I just noticed that it only says that it's for BG and BGII, but I'm curious if that might change, or if there's a similar mod for IWD out there?

Thanks for any info and thanks for the great mod. :)
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    really thanks for mod
    Does this mode affect only the original ranged weapon?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Compatible with vanilla bg?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Arthas said:

Compatible with vanilla bg?

No. It relies on an opcode introduced in the EEs.
    @Dee is this mod is upgradeable to iwdee ?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Danacm, I run this on v2.5.17.0 of IWDEE and have had no problems. I think the problem mentioned earlier was to do with v1.4 of IWDEE.

Gus
    Danacm
    Gusinda said:

Hi @Danacm, I run this on v2.5.17.0 of IWDEE and have had no problems. I think the problem mentioned earlier was to do with v1.4 of IWDEE.

Gus

@Gusinda i try to install it in a fresh 2.5 version, but not working. Checked in near infinity but it not install the opcode 345 to ranger weapons.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @Danacm It's nothing wrong with the mod, it's just that most Launcher's in IWDEE don't actually have an enchantment value listed on the item file, just bonuses to hit/damage.
    Try checking "SLNG02", it should have the effect added.
    DanacmGusinda
    Oh i understand it! Thanks @kjeron !
  • casublettcasublett Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    The .zip file doesn't seem to have any .exe files in it. How is this installed?

*EDIT* NM! I see the answer posted in the thread.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Hello,
    is this compatible with EET?
    edited June 2019
    For anyone wondering mod is compatible with EET.
    I asked DEE and he answered: "It should be compatible with any mod for the enhanced edition, since it operates procedurally. Just make sure you install it last."
    Post edited by Arthas on
    According to Roxanne, the mod is in a weird status, currently: http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/comment/4334/#Comment_4334
    ThacoBellDanacmGusinda
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I second what subtledoctor says above, the mod works perfectly for me.
    Gusinda
    I get that you have to do this procedure, before?

Extract the mod archive into your game folder, just like you normally would.
    Download the latest Windows binary of WeiDU from here.
    Extract the weidu.exe file from that download. (You don't need any of the other files.)
    Place the weidu.exe into your game folder and rename it to setup-enchant.exe (because "enchant" is the name of the mod's folder and TP2 file.)
    Now run it to install the mod.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @CamDawg maybe my memory fails, but were there any plans to incorporate this tweak into Tweaks Anthology in the past? It would be great to see it there, otherwise this little gem risk being buried and forgotten within all the other forum threads.
    ThacoBelllootenantdan
  • drnovicedrnovice Member Posts: 23
    Hi, is it possible get "optional" the:
    New Component: Ammunition Recovery
    ??
  • uaintjakuaintjak Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2021
    Anyone used this mod recently? I'd like to know if it still works or if anyone has ever updated it if necessary, since I have to reinstall anyway. Thanks very much for any info!

ETA: I'm asking specifically if it will work with an EET install.
    Post edited by uaintjak on
    The mod works well with 2.6. The strangest thing with it, is the protection from normal missiles spells, even if you use Darkfire+5 bow, the normal arrows cant hit the enemy (because coded the normal arrows code not the enchantment level) , but if use mantle, it works properly.