Skip to content

BGEE Stutter

Hi I'm getting a stutter/freeze that lasts from about half a second to a full second frequently when I am playing, doesn't matter what I'm doing can be walking around, in combat, or even in character creation. I will say it was less frequent in character creation but still. I just got a new laptop so I can definetly run this game, is anyone else having this issue?

I'm using a Nvidia 1070 GTX card

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @KAZAMAJIN, are you running any mods at all (NPC mods in particular)?

Gus
  • KAZAMAJINKAZAMAJIN Member Posts: 8
    Gusinda said:

@KAZAMAJIN, are you running any mods at all (NPC mods in particular)?

Gus

Yep I'm running unfinished business, npcproject and minor npc portraits

Are they known to cause this issue?
    edited January 2019
    @KAZAMAJIN, sometimes the stuttering occurs because an NPC would be trying to talk/preform an action and is unable to due to a condition not being met. It could mean the the NPC would stop walking altogether or stutter. It might be due to a mod that needs updating to match 2.5.x.

Try without the mods to see of the problem continues.

If you find out which one is causing the problem, you could either reinstall without the component or (depending on scripting skills) find the script that is causing the problem and fix/remove...

I recall a tool that exists somewhere in this site that can pinpoint the problem child. I will see if I can find it.

Gus

Edit: Found it, thanks to @jastey and a more complete description about the problem here.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited January 2019
    KAZAMAJIN said:

...or even in character creation.

If I'm not mistaken, the OP is talking about literal FPS stutters and game freezes, not the infamous NPC stutter bug.

Or maybe I'm just bad at reading, ignore me if that is the case. :p
    Thanks @Bubb, gotcha... I reread the OP and see what you mean. The NPC prob was the first thing that came to mind because it was something I recently had.

@KAZAMAJIN, do you know if you are running the game with the OpenGL or DirectX engine?

If OpenGL, have a look at this thread to see if it helps any. Even though it is talking about transitions and saves, it could also about freezing. It is easy to test, just copy the file in, run the game and if it improves, it is a prob with the Windows driver.

Let me know how you go.
    Gus