Skip to content

Demographics Poll: What is Your Age?

2»

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    No problem at all, @Skatan. There's nothing wrong with sharing hard memories.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You are absolutely right!
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Some profound comments in both this and the gender thread. I feel trivial making a mundane comment after these, but:

I expected way more of us in the old-timers club, but I'm happy to see that younger people get baldur's gate. As for me, in my ripe old age I expect my physical stats are now going down, so more like 8-8-8-9-9-9. Then again, hopefully my mental stats are going up? 8-8-8-10-10-9? Dare I hope for an 11 wisdom some day? And now I suppose the time will soon arrive when I start struggling to remember which quests I've done (and which I haven't), to say nothing of inventory management. Where's my damn sword? I was just holding it a moment ago? Finally, I'm waiting for the day when I find myself identifying more with Gorion than charname. Sigh. :)
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I suppose I am in my early fifties, if we measure by your Earth years.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2019
    1280 I think.
  • OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    Last I checked I was 19, and balancing studying philosophy in university with my obligations as a Dungeon Master and actor.
  • ThanatosZeroThanatosZero Member Posts: 17
    I am 31 year old and proud to count myself being amongst the many millennials.
    Also many of us could be considered being Cranky Kongs.
    ynol6cg8s418.gif

Back in our days, we threw the dices, instead of having a computer having them handle for us!
    And we loved it that way!

• NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    Skatan wrote: »
    Okay, I understand the slang thing now. It was referring to slang in general. 9-9-9-9-9-9 wasn't some new slang; it's a reference to a character with 9 Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

I believe @iroumen responded to my comment about being a commoner, hence the straight 9's.

And thanks @semiticgod and apologies for the gloom and doom. I don't know why I wrote that, that memory just popped up when I thought about death and it didn't really fit into the thread's topic. Sorry for going OT. It's weird how some memories just burn themselves into your memory, how you can recall scents, sounds etc many years after but you can't even remember what you are for lunch yesterday. That's one such memory.

After seeing it in person happen to either a relative or someone you know it loses it's hold. There's no real living until coming fully to terms with it I find. All the prospect of passing after seeing someone else go does is make everyday all the more rewarding & all the more worth putting your best foot forward for before it's time to do the same I've found.