Skip to content

Seducer Kit for Thieves v1.32

13»

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433

@argent77: I might have asked you this question before, but do you have any idea why Recruit Follower could crash the game when used on certain critters? I'm guessing it has something to do with the target's status as a familiar that's conflicting with something.

Unfortunately I can't really help you with this. I encountered some crashes back when I experimented with the familiar status for the djinni companion. But they all happened in the original BG2 engine, which reacted much more sensitively to status changes.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    What creativity and WOW what power for an ability! The mobile store is especially nice. Don't let him die.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Combine with a source of level drain to grab creatures you'd normally have to be much higher level to recruit. The Chromatic Demon in Watcher's Keep is an excellent candidate. :naughty:
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I considered removing the level drain trick, but it's remarkably fun despite being hideously game-breaking. For reference, these are some of the critters you can nab in BG1, organized by their levels:

Level 1: Kobolds and stuff that dies in one hit
    Level 2: Huge spiders, bandits, normal hobgoblins
    Level 3: Carrion Crawlers, black bears, hobgoblin elites, wraith spiders, wolves, worgs, ghouls
    Level 4: Abishais, wights, doppelgangers, ghasts, Chill hobgoblins, ogres, shadows, giant spiders, Tarnesh, dire wolves
    Level 5: Ettercaps, hobgoblin wizards, Kirian, kobold witch doctors, Maneira (who has 5 APR!), ogre mages, sirines, phase spiders, sword spiders
    Level 6: Lesser basilisks, cave bears, Mutamin, wraiths, Abela the Nymph, the Loup Garou, werewolves, (greater) wyverns

Greater Basilisks are way up at level 10, so unless you have EET and can take a wight from SoD back to Mutamin's Garden, or you have the XP cap disabled and use the basilisk XP loop trick, you won't be able to bring Greater Basilisks into the party.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Wow, this kit is SO cool, especially that Recruit Follower ability. I started a Seducer playthrough in which I'm recruiting lots and lots of creatures. Here's my party, fresh out of Candlekeep: Here's my Seducer at the Friendly Arm Inn: By the time I was done in Beregost, many of my followers were dead (mostly from Karlat, and partly when Silke killed four Tutors with a single lightning bolt). So I recruited some more! My armies of unarmed commoners didn't stay useful for too long (though the tutors had been good while they lasted, since unlike most commoners they don't run away from enemies). I restocked the army with Flaming Fists, and before long, lots of gnolls. In Nashkel, I recruited the storekeep, so that I could have a portable store!

In other words, this is a solo runner's wet dream.  :D

I have the most recent (1.32) version of Seducer installed on my BG:EE, but the game keeps crashing during character creation, right after I choose the stats and thieving skills.  I DON'T have the most recent version of BG:EE installed, so is that likely the cause of the problem?  Would I perhaps be better off using an older version of the mod?

@SharGuidesMyHand: I'm not sure what the problem might be, but I think even the earliest version of the Seducer kit was designed for a post-2.0 EE game. You could try installing an earlier version of the kit, but my first guess is that the kit isn't compatible with the earlier versions of the game itself.

I dimly recall there being a bug in one of the earlier EE versions in which there was a missing line in a .2da table that interfered with kits in some way. @subtledoctor, do you know what that line might have been?
    @SharGuidesMyHand: I'm not sure what the problem might be, but I think even the earliest version of the Seducer kit was designed for a post-2.0 EE game. 

So I'm guessing my version 1.3 just doesn't cut it?  ;)

Well, I caved and downloaded the latest version, and I was able to create a character just fine.  Let the insanity begin!  :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited July 2019
    The Seducer does not have entries at level 40 for backstab, sneak attack, and crippling strike. This will cause an issue if installing Tweaks Anthology's Remove XP Cap after installing the Seducer kit. Luckily it can be easily fixed just by adding the correct number. This happened on a EET install.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited January 2020
    Oddity: In Project Infinity, the newest Seducer kit (1.32 as of this writing) also has these .TP2 files which seem to be dummies or stuff that shouldn't be there:

-Copy

-CopyIF

-Double-Copy

-Example

-MyMod

What should be done with these?
    @semiticgod
    @Endarire: I know essentially nothing about Project Infinity or how it works with mods--I have no idea why there would be more than one TP2 file for this mod. Is it causing a problem with installation?
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    The extra tp2 files are in your 'examples' folder -- they show up in PI because PI scans subfolders.
    I thought something might have been scanned. I left in the examples folder because it was a holdover from when I first started learning to make kit mods. As long as your install isn't calling any of those TP2 files, they shouldn't mess with anything and you should be able to just ignore them.
    Thankee!
    edited August 2020
    @SemiticGod
    How EET compatible is this?

How compatible is this kit with mods that remove the EXP cap? I intend to play in a group with characters who can each reach level 50 in each class. I want to ensure things work correctly.
    @Endarire: It should be compatible with EET, and last I checked, the relevant tables were all extended to level 50.
    @semiticgod
    Thankee!
    edited July 2021
    @semiticgoddess
    What is the basilisk EXP loop trick?

Also, since this mod is compatible with EET, may we get it added to the EET mod compatibility list? May we also get it uploaded to GitHub as backup and to aid in discoverability?

Thankee!
    @Endarire: The basilisk XP loop is a near-infinite XP trick in which you charm a basilisk, give it Protection from Petrification, and use it to petrify other basilisks, repeatedly un-petrifying the target basilisks with Stone to Flesh scrolls. The scrolls are plentiful and you can get 7000 XP a pop this way.

By all means, include it in the list. You might include my kit mega-mod instead, since it has the Seducer kit as well as all the others I've made: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77859/expanded-classes-and-kits-massive-kit-compilation-mod

I'm not longer actively maintaining my mods, however, so there are unfixed bugs with the newest kits.
    @semiticgoddess
    Thankee!