Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    So I was installing this mod onto an IWDEE install, and it was randomly skipping (actually stated as skipping, not an error or anything) certain parts, for example it did not allow installation of the Stalker changes. I installed mods in the stated install order, so I am not sure why it was skipping. Any ideas? Thank you for all your hard work :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor Noted, I wish you all the best in whatever is going on in life right now.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hello, add your mod to my game, its great, some of the options are really interesting and good. One question, I made a swashbuckler thief, but I don't understand how the skill Swashbuckling, works. It is an active ability? I cannot see any symbol, to click on it. Its like the offensive/defensive spin of the blade?
    Be well and take care.
    Hello subtledoctor again, Im sorry, but this means that the ''swashbuckling skill'' is passive ability? Everytime Im doing a fight is active? Because I cannot find any clickable symbol...Im sorry for writing again, Im just trying to understand how it works. Again take care and keep going with your great mods.
  • TranscendedOneTranscendedOne Member Posts: 25
    Am i mistaken or is the feats only for vanilla fighter/rogues and not for their multi-class and or kits?
    Since updates for this mod are currently in limbo due to irl concerns. There is a bug with MnG's thief scripts and SoD. Thieves will sometimes activate/deactivate "find traps" rapid fire, preventing the thief from being able to do anything. This even happens with all AI turned off. There is a hotfix here that will fix the problem until the bug can be officially quashed.
    @subtledoctor No no, I'm not pestering you to fix it. I'm just linking to the thread where a hot-fix exists so that others players that encounter this can continue their runs. I understand you can't do much to work on modding right now.
    Thank you again for your help, now I got it :-) take care.
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    I have. It is a lot faster now than previously.
    That bug was indeed a nasty one. Many thanks!
  • Mana85Mana85 Member Posts: 3
    Hey there, I have several question and I am wondering if these are bugs or intentional:
    1.) Corsair kit. In description it says he is able to use swashbuckling once a day per every 4 levels and learn new feat every 3 levels. The way I understand it, he is supposed to get free swashbuckling on levels 4,8,12 etc. plus another feat of choice on lvls 3,6,9 etc. or am I wrong?
    2.) Also I read somwhere on this forum that corsair is not supposed to be able to dual class to rogue, I was able to do that, however he was still getting corsair feats instead of rogue.
    3.) I also noticed that dual classing trueclass fighter to true class rogue, my char is getting rogue feats only till their fighter class is active again and after that nothing (for example if I am fighter lvl7 and then dual class to rogue, I am getting rogue feats only till lvl8 and after reaching lvl8 I stop getting new feats)
    4.) Lastly I noticed that multiclass Fighter/rogue is not getting any feats, fighter or rogue ones. Is this intentional?
  • pakipaki Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I've installed this mod but there's a problem installig the bard's overhaul and it won't install

The log says this:
    ERROR: [SPWI219.spl] => (override) Patching failed (COPY) (invalid_argument ("string.sub"))
    ERROR: [d5brdspl.2da] => (override) Patching failed (COPY) (invalid_argument ("string.sub"))
    ...Stopped instaling because of error, uninstaling files, etc... (and some other irrelevant stuff)
    WARNING: no rule to identify SOD
    ERROR: Invalid_argument ("String.sub")

Language is english btw, thought i'm from spain (don't think it has nothing to do but just in case). Also i'm installing from steam
    All the other stuff was installed with no issues

Hope someone can help
    Thx in advance!
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    3) Make bards M/T kits, with thief abilities and spontaneous casting via the mage spellbook, and bard songs as innate abilities

FYI, be warned, there is a decent chance I might implement this in the near future. Basically bards would be a species of mage, but as "jacks of all trades, masters of none," they would only be available as multiclass kits:
    - Bards, Blades, Jesters, Meistersingers, and Jinxers would be mage/thieves
    - Skalds, Gallants, and Heralds would be fighter/mages
    - Cleric/bards like the Loresinger would be cleric/mage kits - so they would have no access to thief skills. :(
    Well, the base game treated bards as thieves with mage spells and songs. So, not sure this is a bad thing, really.
  • gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    paki wrote: »
    Hi, I've installed this mod but there's a problem installig the bard's overhaul and it won't install

The log says this:
    ERROR: [SPWI219.spl] => (override) Patching failed (COPY) (invalid_argument ("string.sub"))
    ERROR: [d5brdspl.2da] => (override) Patching failed (COPY) (invalid_argument ("string.sub"))
    ...Stopped instaling because of error, uninstaling files, etc... (and some other irrelevant stuff)
    WARNING: no rule to identify SOD
    ERROR: Invalid_argument ("String.sub")

Language is english btw, thought i'm from spain (don't think it has nothing to do but just in case). Also i'm installing from steam
    All the other stuff was installed with no issues

Hope someone can help
    Thx in advance!

It maybe a load order. Usually Might and Guile if your installing it should be after all the other kits mods you have. Also, if you do not have modmerge installed for if its BG using SOD, it may create an error cause its not recognizing SOD as a game to install the mod on. That's why mod merge was made so SOD would be recognized as well.
    @subtledoctor I MUCH prefer the spontaneous casting system for bards.
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    Wasn't the point to make them more like 3rd and 5th edition bards because they're both unique and cool as hell?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on