Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• MythalarMythalar Member Posts: 68
    I guess I'd love a full caster using this kind of thing...
    More on the topic, this will make me consider having a bard in my party for once!
    Do(will) you have a readme up to date since I've made heavy use of caster mods but not very often more martial ones and this mod is getting quite big ;)

ThacoBell
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    ThacoBell
    edited March 2019
    Definitly more clear and more intuitive (ok, perhaps it was just a tad spoiled on Kjeron's topic :D )
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellDjinn
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Yesyesyes! Bard Bladesingers!
    Well, I guess that's why I used the bladesinger as an example on the FnP topic to illustrate what would be a bard follower of Eilistraee (warrior cleric-bard) B)
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    Barbarians can use a boost, IMO. At the moment, they don't offer anything unique.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RolandoArnimanRolandoArniman Member Posts: 17
    Some great modding work done around here. Much appreciated.

So as of recently, I've been using Project Infinity to install mods and 95% them load fine except the multiclass parts in Might and Guile and Tome and Blood.

TomeAndBlood:180:Multiclass Sorcerers
    might_and_guile:500:Multiclass Kits
    might_and_guile:210:Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards

Am I doing something wrong here? Logs are below.

• Snatch_a_kissSnatch_a_kiss Member Posts: 33
    Stumbled upon a problem. Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition v2.5.17.0 - Might & Guile v3.9
    In the presence of a new bard (tried with blade) in the party, when you press the rest (also in hotels) - the game crashes. This does not happen immediately at the beginning of a new game, and after a while. One day I got to Kuldahar and there begin this problem, another time started in Easthaven, next time in the cave.
    Would it be an option to offer the Bard-Bladesinger a choice in focus weapon, as per the AD&D option?
    edited March 2019
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Stumbled upon a problem. Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition v2.5.17.0 - Might & Guile v3.9
    In the presence of a new bard (tried with blade) in the party, when you press the rest (also in hotels) - the game crashes. This does not happen immediately at the beginning of a new game, and after a while. One day I got to Kuldahar and there begin this problem, another time started in Easthaven, next time in the cave.
    Does it still occur if all party members are at full HP when you rest?
    If not, this is usually the result of an invalid opcode - the game is trying to force healing spells on rest, and crashes while scanning spells when it hits an unsupported opcode.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Does IWDEE 2.5.17 lack any opcodes that are in BG2EE 2.5.16? (What I coded the bards on)
    Not as far as I know.
    If it is the issue, I suspect that any invalid opcode is caused by an error/typo.

Also, it only scans memorized spells, not passive/permanent effects or subspells.
    edited March 2019
    edited March 2019
    ArdulThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    edited March 2019
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Assuming you've implemented that as a straight decrease in APR (as opposed to a delay in attacking), that seems like potentially a very good swap. That would allow micro-managing the fight to not actually have a decrease in attacks at (by use of attacking and retreating), but with the possibility of regularly using spells that normally take a bit too long to use in melee range - like vampiric touch. Most people wouldn't want to bother with that level of micro-management though and the trade-off feels reasonably balanced to me if you're just attacking normally :).
    Seems like a good deal, but I think they should also get a song that gives bonuses to melee, effectively having to make them choose between a casting song and an attacking/buffing song.
    edited March 2019
    @subtledoctor Yes, 'rest until healed' option enabled.
    @kjeron Yes, health is not complete. And by the way, when I tried to restore health through "ctr+r" - rest without problems.

Stumbled on another problem. Spell exchange at the new bard.
    Change the spell to use, after a rest can still use plus new. For example I can use 3 spells 3 times a day, Sleep, Friends, Charm Person. Charm Person change in Reflected Image after a rest can use all four spell 3 times a day, also if you change another spell, there will be five.
    Another time, I couldn't change the spell. Famous Sleep, Friends, Charm Person, could use Sleep 2 times a day. Change Sleep to another spell, after rest still could only use Sleep. I tried to add a level, there were more spells slots - I could still use only Sleep, but more times.

If it helps. My save with problem. From mods Might & Guile v3.9 and Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.6.7
    edited March 2019
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2019
    It's possible this is from Deities of Faerun? Did you have a priest in your party with some kind of spell that might freak out the "rest until healed" option?

DoF has no such thing.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    So, wait for the hotfix. Got it. ;)
    @subtledoctor last time I tried solo blade. in the cave there was this problem, if i try to rest the game freezes and crashes.
    If it can help, save that I posted out with this problem in the cave.
    edited March 2019
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor Rest is something I do a lot when alpha testing the components from DoF - it is an easy way to refresh the spellbook, the innates and refresh the effects upon a character. This kind of crash never occurred (some others like me dumbly summoning something without adding it to the game? Sure).

Of course, as any modded content there's always a chance for misbehavior, but I wouldn't put DoF into that equation if I was on your shoes.

Let me know if you need something for testing or whatever. :)
    edited March 2019
    edited March 2019
    @Snatch_a_kiss I'm gonna need more info - especially if you say this happened "the last time you solo'd a Blade," since the old Blade and the new Blade are different kits - different classes in fact!

Who else is in your party when you slept and crashed?

Only solo. I created a new blade (mage/thieves), chose attributes, skills and spells. Fulfilled quests in the Easthaven, then went into the cave. In the cave a little to war, and appeared this problem.