Skip to content

Gem bag in SoD only carries 20 items?!

Greetings everyone. :)

So I just finished the main game last night for the first time (yeah, I'm a noob like that) and immediately started SoD after the final credits rolled. One thing I noticed was that all my containers for gems, scrolls and potions were gone. A quick google search showed that was supposed to happen, so no harm done. Well, having retained most of my gear from the end of BG:EE, it was starting to be a nightmare to manage my inventory as new loot was found, so I was exhilarated to eventually find a gem bag. Problem is, a (very) short time after I got the message that it was full! I mean, I played around 150h in the main game and that never happened, so I opened the bag and counted the gems: twenty. If I'm correct, that was the limit in the vanilla version of the game, right? EE got it up to 100 storable units.

So my question is… is this a bug, or was it meant to be like that from the start?
Also, what about the other type of containers (potions and scrolls)? Is the limit just 20 items, too?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I honestly don't know if it is a bug or not... I do know that the storage capacity can be easily changed though.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited January 2019
    That bugged me when I played as well. They should increase the capacity to match BG and BGII just for consistency's sake.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh good, I wasn't imagining that the bags in SoD were filling up way faster than in BG1 and 2.
  • rollingmurrayrollingmurray Member Posts: 19
    It really must be a bug (or Beamdog simply forgot to update it from the original capacity), because I got the one for the potions and I'm over 50 and still counting. Still not sure about the Scroll Case, since I only stored about 10. I was able to purchase a second Gem Bag at the quartermaster outside the Ducal Palace before leaving Baldur's Gate, which was cool. Oh, and the Ammo Belt. Best inventory space saver for long ranged characters ever. :#
    Like I said, the storage capacity is easy enough to change. I upped the capacity of the two gem bags available in SoD to 100 items, the same as Neera's gem bag. I personally run out of room with the ammo belt as well (I'm a pack rat), so I increased its capacity to 5000 items. Just extract the attached files to your override folder to install them.
  • rollingmurrayrollingmurray Member Posts: 19
    Thanks, Tresset. I'll take you up on that, at least regarding the freaking gem bags. I usually avoid cheating at all costs, but I guess in this case it's not technically "cheating" since you're correcting the developer's mess. :wink:
    edited January 2019

Thanks, Tresset. I'll take you up on that, at least regarding the freaking gem bags. I usually avoid cheating at all costs, but I guess in this case it's not technically "cheating" since you're correcting the developer's mess. :wink:

I wouldn't call it cheating at all! I call it "modding". :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please create a feature request at support.baldursgate.com so that we could triage.
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    There should be option choice for original styled eq without bags or 20 counted ammo, and for new styled.