Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
    If i understand correctly, this disables the +1 spell\level to base mage when you multiclass? Thanks.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Kykuy said:

If i understand correctly, this disables the +1 spell\level to base mage when you multiclass? Thanks.

Yes, it does.
    Hi.

Just to say that this project is not dead. A lot of things are happening in my RL now, so DoF took a dive in my list of priorities.

Bye.
    GusindaGrammarsalad
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    As you stated that this project is not dead, do you have any plans for adding Garl Glittergold, Corelleon and Moradin?

As you stated that this project is not dead, do you have any plans for adding Garl Glittergold, Corelleon and Moradin?

Yes, yes and yes.
    Raduziel said:

Yes, yes and yes.
    I greatly look forward to them...I noticed you mentioned the Orc pantheon....I especially like the Vermin sphere you have implemented; Yurtrus would be a great priest of to play.
    I have been struggling to get the dual class mod to work. I just get the basic class options. I installed everything in the right order. Any ideas?

I have been struggling to get the dual class mod to work. I just get the basic class options. I installed everything in the right order. Any ideas?

The dual class mod is @kjeron 's creation. I've used it with no problems.

IRRC you can't dual from a kit to another, you can, however, dual from a basic class into a kit.

And you should check if you met the prerequisites of the kits available to dual class.

IDK if Kjeron updated his mod, last time I checked it was working like a charm with DoF - and as I haven't updated DoF in a while I believe that is not a compatibility issue.
    OK. Thank you very much for the feedback. Is there anyway to donate to you for your work btw?

OK. Thank you very much for the feedback. Is there anyway to donate to you for your work btw?

As much as I love money I'm pretty sure it would violate some legal or ethical term from this community.

But I do appreciate your intent. :)
    Static Charge spell(4th circle) doesn't seem to work for me, or i don't understand how it should. I cast it, but enemies don't get zapped. Is it that my combats don't last usually 1 turn and it doesn't proc, or something is wrong?
    Kykuy said:

Static Charge spell(4th circle) doesn't seem to work for me, or i don't understand how it should. I cast it, but enemies don't get zapped. Is it that my combats don't last usually 1 turn and it doesn't proc, or something is wrong?

Made a test and the spell works, the problem is: The spell sucks. Blame TSR.

There's no other explanation, you're doing nothing wrong.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @Kykuy
    The spell triggers once per turn, but it will stay with the character that casts it (unlike call lightning, which is stationary), so it should trigger on subsequent encounters if they are within it's total duration.
    It should ALWAYS have an initial trigger when first cast, so long as a valid target is within range.
    The spell does NOT stack, multiple castings will replace the previous one (loading multiple in sequencer/contingency may or may not bypass this, don't remember).
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for answers. It indeed works great once you cast it in combat, but, apparently, its "1\turn" means that after the initial trigger(or if you cast it outside combat), in case of combat start, it doesn't trigger immediately(even if 1 turn passed since the last trigger), but you have to spend yet another full turn in combat to trigger the zapping.

Can something be done in order for it to "harness" the charge and then release it at combat start?
    edited January 2019
    So, I think some information needs to be given around here.

As I said earlier, this project is not dead - just a huge hiatus due to some RL stuff:

1) I was preparing myself for a huge thing that would change my life and that of my family completely, but things didn't go as planned.

2) Got officially rejected by the Navy, so I had to change pretty much everything in my life when it comes to work, so I don't have the amount of spare time that I used to.

3) In another hand, I'm pretty much 100% recovered from the shot, so I'm trying to catch up a lot of time with my family (especially my wife).

4) Speaking about family, I'm trying to be the best father I can, so a lot of my free time is going to Aurora.

5) Recently my family and I moved to a way bigger house, so I'm serving as a jack-of-all-trades henchman at the moment trying to put everything in order around here.

But I do believe that this month I'll be able to finish the ongoing release (Valkur, Eldath, Ulutiu, Shaundakul, Ibrandul) but I'll probably split it into two releases.

That's it. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting (that's for the three persons who actually play this mod).

Edit: By the way, my greatest issue is trying to translate the powers of Shaundakul, Ulutiu and Valkur from the PnP to IE. I'm open to suggestions (use the PM to do so, please!). Thanks.
    GusindaGrammarsalad
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Hope everything works out well for you! I am sure more than 3 people use this.
    Raduziel
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited January 2019

Hope everything works out well for you! I am sure more than 3 people use this.

I just gave this an install recently myself, thank you for your work Raduziel!
    Raduziel
    edited January 2019
    @Raduziel in your last release last year you already added Shaundakul (at least it was available to try). Did you want to update it?

Really looking forward to Valkur, Eldath, Ulutiu, and Ibrandul!
    Raduziel
    edited January 2019

@Raduziel in your last release last year you already added Shaundakul (at least it was available to try). Did you want to update it?

Really looking forward to Valkur, Eldath, Ulutiu, and Ibrandul!

It is not in the release, only as a beta.

I'll do my best to release at least Valkur and Ibrandul as beta this week.
    Does this mod play nice with Scales of Balance's Weapon Proficiency Overhaul? For instance, does the Alaghar of Clangeddin work correctly with his warrior APR bonus and such?

Does this mod play nice with Scales of Balance's Weapon Proficiency Overhaul? For instance, does the Alaghar of Clangeddin work correctly with his warrior APR bonus and such?

Never tested, but I'm afraid it won't work well together. DoF does its own WP overhaul to make each kit have its own weapon and proficiency selection as well as its APR.
    Dawglicious
    edited January 2019
    Raduziel said:

Never tested, but I'm afraid it won't work well together. DoF does its own WP overhaul to make each kit have its own weapon and proficiency selection as well as its APR.
    Thank you for the quick reply!

Would the rest of the Scales of Balance mod work fine? I was thinking of using it but want to avoid installing any parts that will clash with this mod.

I also want to make sure I have this mod in the correct part of my lineup, would I want to install this as late as possible, after mods such as Tome and Blood and Might and Guile?

Raduziel said:

Thank you for the quick reply!

Would the rest of the Scales of Balance mod work fine? I was thinking of using it but want to avoid installing any parts that will clash with this mod.

I also want to make sure I have this mod in the correct part of my lineup, would I want to install this as late as possible, after mods such as Tome and Blood and Might and Guile?
    You're welcome. I have a bot. Real me is sleeping ATM.

Mods that don't touch the combat system or the cleric in general should be fine.
    edited January 2019
    I found a very specific issue between Mask and Shar interaction over the Darkness spell.

I'm trying to re-code it at the moment and it is the only thing between version 1.9.1 and you guys.

BUT, version 1.9.1 can be tested as a beta. It contains Shaundakul and Valkur.

As soon as I find a better way to code Mask/Shar to prevent this very particular bug I'll release the next version officially.

Version 1.9.1 is officially up and it contains:

* Windrider of Shaundakul (Cleric and Ranger/Cleric)

* Wavetamer of Valkur (Cleric and Fighter/Cleric)

I'm not very happy about Valkur because I had to change pretty much everything about its powers as they can't be translated to IE. Hope you guys enjoy it anyway - sorry about that.

The information about those deities was added in the first page of this thread (Valkur is under Demipowers).

PS: DoF aims to also touch Rangers, Monks, Paladins and Druids - but that will take a long time (even releasing 1 kit per day - what is an unrealistic proposal), but I've decided to do it in another mod due to the game's kits limit and the fact that the mod will be HUGE when it ends (way bigger than it is now). I also need to study a lot about those classes before touching them, so don't hold your breath.

There will be 63 more cleric kits (I hope). And probably three or more NPCs' components (those need to be approved by the NPC's creators. That means that I'm just 37.62% close to my goal.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Gusinda
    YES!
    Raduziel
    @Raduziel loaded 1.9.1 and here is what I see so far in BGEE.

Valkur -
    Weapons say Blunt, Short Sword and Spear. Get Blunt, Scimitar, and Spear.
    Have Command spell which says it is Thought/Vocal, neither of which Valkur is suppose to have access to.

Will keep looking.
    edited January 2019
    The text is wrong, the correct weapon selection is scimitar, spear and blunt indeed.

About the Command, maybe I mismarked its spheres. I'll double check.

Thanks!
    Valkur did not get Goodberry at 3rd level (EEKeeper'd XP). Got other abilities.

Valkur did not get Goodberry at 3rd level (EEKeeper'd XP). Got other abilities.

Ok, the first two problems were due to a last-minute design change that I forgot to upload to Github.

The Goodberry worked fine in IWD, I'll see what happens in BG(2). I think I know what's the problem already.
    edited January 2019
    For Shaundakul, he can specialize (2 pips) in any weapon. He can get 2 pips in any combat style and 3 pips in two weapon fighting. Is this intended?