Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I've made a recent upload (version 1.9.4.1) with an improvement for the sphere system's code.

A small change that will make crossmodding integration even better.

Now I'll take a break from modding.

Cheers.
    Dawglicious
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Thanks for the explanation Raduziel.
    Raduziel
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Hi Raduziel,
    Minor items hardly worth mentioning. 
    The Pacifist of Eldath can equip arrows even though they can't use bows.
    The Iceguardian of Ulutiu can equip bullets even though they cannot use slings.
    Raduziel
    edited February 2019
    Hi Raduziel,
    Minor items hardly worth mentioning. 
    The Pacifist of Eldath can equip arrows even though they can't use bows.
    The Iceguardian of Ulutiu can equip bullets even though they cannot use slings.
    It's intentional. Doesn't break ethos but allows better inventory management. It happens with every single kit that can't use crossbows, bows and slings: they are able to equip bolts, arrows and bullets.

But thanks for reporting :)
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Necromanx2
    I have a request, though this may not be the place for it.

For Animal domain spells, is it possible to add a spell that you can cast on an animal summons to give it magic weapon attack? Currently the animal domain summons (except woodland being) cannot hurt normal weapon immune enemies. I want to be able to use the summons for more then meet shields in BG2EE and ToB if possible.
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    I have a request, though this may not be the place for it.

For Animal domain spells, is it possible to add a spell that you can cast on an animal summons to give it magic weapon attack? Currently the animal domain summons (except woodland being) cannot hurt normal weapon immune enemies. I want to be able to use the summons for more then meet shields in BG2EE and ToB if possible.

I have plans to add new spells to the sphere system as soon as I finish the "human pantheon". Some will take inspiration from the 3E, and one of those is Magic Fang.

TLDR: Yes.
    Apparently the Edit button is gone.

@Necromanx2 IIRC, you can use Enchanted Weapon on an animal and it will strike as wielding a +3 weapon. Maybe @Grond0 or @semiticgod can confirm this.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yup. Any critter using any weapon will strike as +3 if they have Enchanted Weapon active, unless their weapon is already above a +3 enchantment, in which case it will strike as +4 or whatever (Enchanted Weapon can't lower the enchantment; only raise it).
    RaduzielGrond0
    edited February 2019
    @Raduziel I started a new game in BG2EE of Ibrandul/Thief multi-class. But instead of losing 3 points charisma I have lost 6 points (see screen shots of in game and EEKeeper). It is like it removed 3 points per class.

0g2cnovq8d3v.png

grjf08abuvmv.png

[spoiler\]
    Raduziel
    One more thing. In BGEE, when I first get Brawnen and she is 2nd level she has 6 1st level spell slots available (instead of 4). As soon as she levels to 3rd it drops to 4 1st level slots as it should be. Seems the mod is adding two extra slots when you first get her (though it could be something else doing it).
    @Necromanx2

Great reports as always.

I'll see what is happening with Ibrandul... as for Brawnen, unless there is something inside @kjeron 's code for the sphere system, there is nothing that adds spell slots - especially in Brawnen's kit.

As for Ibrandul's bug I'll see if I did something stupid or if it is an issue with the multiclass function (a tool DoF uses but I don't own).

I'll let you know as soon as I have some answers.

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Raduziel wrote: »
    @Necromanx2
    I'll see what is happening with Ibrandul... as for Brawnen, unless there is something inside @kjeron 's code for the sphere system, there is nothing that adds spell slots - especially in Brawnen's kit.
    Nothing on my end.
    Raduziel
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    Figured I would chime in. I picked up Jaheira in bgee at level 1/1 and she had 5 spell slots when she should only have 3. Could it be a problem similar to this?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/27450/3134-jaheira-has-7-lvl-1-druid-spell-slots
    Raduziel
    @Dawglicious Thanks for bringing this up, apparently it is an engine issue. As I said, nothing in DoF adds or messes up with spells' slots.

But I'll see if I can mod it away anyway.
    Dawglicious
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Okay, not my code directly, but the weidu command: ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL, it assumes that # memorizable should be at least # currently memorized, and updates it accordingly, which isn't the case when the creature has bonus spell slots (from any source). I can revert the changes it makes easy enough.
    Raduziel
    @Necromanx2 I couldn't reproduce your issue in IWDEE. I've created a gnome C/T Darkwalker of Ibrandul, pumped his level to 13/14 and I only received the Charisma penalty once (from 8 to 5) as the expected behavior.

I did a small altering on the following files, though, but I did it "just in case" (actually to make my OCD happy by standardizing things), shouldn't have fixed anything.

https://github.com/Raduziel/Deities-Of-Faerun/blob/master/DeitiesOfFaerun/Tables/RAIbra.2da

https://github.com/Raduziel/Deities-Of-Faerun/blob/master/DeitiesOfFaerun/Components/Ibrandul-Kit.tpa

The first altering was to put all the features' effects on the same row (as DoF's standard), that made me able to delete a row. The second altering was to redirect the holy symbol code for the multiclass to the correct row (after the first altering).
    Is there a build with the updates or do I need to make the edits in my files?
    edited February 2019
    Is there a build with the updates or do I need to make the edits in my files?

The updates are at Github, but I'm altering some other things so downloading and installing the whole thing may release Satan upon the Earth. If you want to try this change you may:

1) Reproduce them in your own files

2) Download the mod and replace just those two files

I would go with #2.
    Hello,

Version 1.9.5 is around the corner, but I'm holding it back a little because now I'm maintaining I Hate Undead, trying to make that sorry excuse for a mod into something really cool. I believe that everything will be ready there until Sunday.

I also decided to extend DoF's survey until February, 22. So if you didn't answer it, please do. If you already answered, spread the word to your friends.

Thanks!
    @Raduziel in BG2EE when I create a multi-class Thief / Sune kit, I do not get the option to select shortbow or darts at character creation. I do at level up.
    BGEE is fine and I get all weapon options at character creation.
    edited February 2019
    @Necromanx2

That is weird. The code that allows to use gear or put proficiency slots in games is exactly the same for all three games.

In a very old version of DoF, the priest of Sune wasn't allowed to use shortbow; that feature was added latter.

Did this issue appear after installing a recent version? Look inside Weidu.log and tell what version appears for the component Heartwarder of Sune.

Another theory is that during the install something mismatched: that happens if a mod is installed/reinstalled too many times, sometimes leftovers stays behind and mess with everything (I had a lot of Faspaws of Baervan who were receiving the colors of the Icevassal of Auril, as an example). That is one of the reasons why I've stopped making that amount of updates/releases.

PS: I'm trying to emulate the problem.
    edited February 2019
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune: 1.9.4.1

I delete all the files and then reinstall from a new download each time I update (uninstall. Delete all DoF files and folders. Unpack new version and install).

EDIT: I can't say when the issue started as this is the first multi-class of Thief/Sune I have done in like 6 months.
    edited February 2019
    ~DEITIESOFFAERUN/DEITIESOFFAERUN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune: 1.9.4.1

I delete all the files and then reinstall from a new download each time I update (uninstall. Delete all DoF files and folders. Unpack new version and install).

@Necromanx2

That issue isn't happening on my side:
    r6zaj3px2mcy.png

Are you using any other mods?

Edit: Adding the correct screenshot as the problem is with the C/T.
    edited February 2019
    @Raduziel the Thief / Sune issue in BG2EE where shortbow and darts are not available at character creation seems to be due to the dual to kit mod ( @kjeron ). If I uninstall it, I am fine. Install the dual to kit (after deleting folder and exe and then unpacking new) and issue is back at character creation.

The multi-class Thief / Ibrandul issue with -6 charisma is still there even if I uninstall the dual to kit mod.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    Raduziel
    edited February 2019
    I'll talk to @kjeron about this crossmodding interaction and see what we can work together. Last time an altering was required (that I already did), so I see what I can do to help him make this work as intended.

About the Thief/Ibrandul: as I said, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue in IWDEE, but I'll see what I can do.

At the moment I have my hands full with the I Hate Undead kitpack, but I'll focus once again in DoF once I finish everything (probably tomorrow).

So here's what I have to check so far

- Interaction DoF - DtK

- Ibrandul's excessive loss of Charisma

- Excessive spell slots (Kjeron said he has a workaround for it, so we'll probably kill two birds with one stone)

I won't release 1.9.5 until I have those things resolved as something might have to be altered in DoF's end.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    Thanks and good fortune!
    @Raduziel I have a question for you.

The priest of Ulutiu. He can only be human and must be LN. But it shows a multi-class option of Ranger / Cleric. Humans can't multi-class and rangers must be good, so no dual-classing. What is the point of the Ranger/Cleric multi-class?
    @Raduziel I have a question for you.

The priest of Ulutiu. He can only be human and must be LN. But it shows a multi-class option of Ranger / Cleric. Humans can't multi-class and rangers must be good, so no dual-classing. What is the point of the Ranger/Cleric multi-class?

Just covering mods that tweaks the race or alignment restriction.

Several unobtainable multiclasses are there just for this scenario.

I'll probably have to remove them eventually though.
    Good news for Ranger/Cleric and Cleric/Thief: Silence now provides a 100% boost to Move Silently.

Per PnP rules, anyone under the effect of this spell doesn't make any sound.

Next version will also make the spell Sanctuary way more generous as it currently is. Basically, you can cast any spell under Sanctuary that is not buffing*, summoning or directly hostile.

*Some buffings are ok, like Protection from Evil and Mirror Image. I'll provide the list with the spells allowed.

Cheers.
    Gusinda
    Would anyone have interest in a component that turns Shar-Teel into a Bloodreaver of Garagos (boosting her Con to 11 and Wis to 9)?
    GrammarsaladGusinda