Skip to content

The Beaurin Legacy NPC Mod for BGII:EE

jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
edited March 2023 in BGII:EE Mods
Hello everyone! I would like to introduce:

The Beaurin Legacy Mod for BGII
Current Version: v5.2.1
Languages: English, Russian, and French

This modification is currently in English, Russian, and French and includes content for SoA and ToB. The mod introduces an elven Neutral Evil Enchanter/Thief - Minyae Beaurin and a hidden NPC (sorry, I can't spoil it!). The mod also includes a friendship track, PIDs, numerous banters and interjections, original portraits, items, a quest, voicing, and a NPC romance with a specific Bioware NPC - a certain Red Wizard. She can be found in front of the Crooked Crane in the City Gates district.

Portrait Artist - TamikaProud at DeviantArt

Her statistics are as follows:
Strength - 11
Dexterity - 19
Constitution - 12
Intelligence - 17
Wisdom - 12
Charisma - 16

As of now, the mod has only been tested for BGII:EE but should be able to work for the vanilla Baldur's Gate II and EET.

Please use this thread for any questions, thoughts, or bugs regarding the mod. Any feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for your time and I hope you enjoy the mod. :)

EDIT: I decided to put a face to the NPC.
ANOTHER EDIT: I updated the link here to direct you guys to the new G3 download page, sorry about that! The Beaurin Legacy now includes ToB!

The Beaurin Legacy has a forum of its own and can be downloaded here at G3! However, I will continue to monitor the forums here, but I may not respond as quickly!
Post edited by jmaeq on
smeagolheartRVNSZaghoulMateoFrozenGusindaCaszidyOrlonKronsteenLudwig_IIhanhwisooRaduzielgorgonzolailduderinoOxvaimp51096454BlackravenFina92

Comments

• RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Congratulations on your release. An evil thief option is always great in BG2! Can you give me a little more information before I start testing? Who does Minyae banter most with, does Minyae have conflicts that make Minyae unable to party with some of the other npcs?
  • jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    RVNS said:

Congratulations on your release. An evil thief option is always great in BG2! Can you give me a little more information before I start testing? Who does Minyae banter most with, does Minyae have conflicts that make Minyae unable to party with some of the other npcs?

Thank you very much! :) And of course - Minyae has the most banters with Edwin. However, she has at least 2+ banters with most of the other NPCs. She likes to bicker and make snide comments, but she doesn't have any serious conflicts that cause her to be unable to party with others.
    RVNS
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    Also where can she be located? I prefer to pick up npcs I am testing as soon as possible to see as many interactions as I can.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's in the read me. she is in the crooked crane.
    RVNS
    RVNS said:

Also where can she be located? I prefer to pick up npcs I am testing as soon as possible to see as many interactions as I can.

Yes, she should be in front of the Crooked Crane in the City Gates. I'll edit the first post so it is clearer.
    RVNS
    Version Updated to 1.1.

New Changes:

- Fixed Audio Clips: QI#Mi105-QI#Mi113 (will include QI#Mi114 and QI#Mi115) at a later date
    - Added More Audio Clips
    - Included a Custom Friendship Track Song
    - Corrected some typos/grammatical errors

*The download link should be updated as well.
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @jmaeq Curious question: does Beaurin mod change Edwins epilogue?
    Caszidy said:

@jmaeq Curious question: does Beaurin mod change Edwins epilogue?

Since the current version of the mod is only for SoA, Edwin's epilogue will not change. However, when I do get around to releasing the ToB version, his epilogue will change.
    Caszidy
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    Looking forward to it as hell B)
    jmaeq
    For all those who may be wondering about the progress for the Throne of Bhaal portion and any other changes/fixes/updates for the SoA version I might have up my sleeves, here is the place to check back on every so often!
    CaszidyGusindaOrlonKronsteenMateoFrozen
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You may already know this, but I'm doing a quick run with Minyae and found her audio is all set to left channel - that is, all the sound comes from the left speaker. I'm attaching the audio files with the sound converted to mono for you.
    jmaeq
    edited January 2019
    AionZ said:

You may already know this, but I'm doing a quick run with Minyae and found her audio is all set to left channel - that is, all the sound comes from the left speaker. I'm attaching the audio files with the sound converted to mono for you.

You are a wonderful being. Thank you so much! Truthfully, I forgot about it, heh.
    edited January 2019
    ...While I'm here and seeing how it's passed the first week of the new year, I just want to let everyone know that I didn't forget about what I said about the release date. Her ToB content is ready to go, but I wanted to add a liiittle bit more content regarding NPC banters, crossmod banters to be specific. My apologies, but I think it will be worth it. :)
    CaszidyOrlonKronsteenGusinda
    A huge thanks to @theacefes for updating the Crossmod Banter Pack with crossmod banters for Minyae and the Hidden NPC! Banters exist for the following NPCs with Minyae and the Hidden NPC includes:
    • jastey's Ajantis
    • Rhaella's Adrian and Isra
    • theacefes' Auren and Sarah
    • Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling, Will, Yvette, Skie: the Cost of One Girl's Soul, and Verr'Sza
    • kulyok's Branwen, Tiax, and Xan
    • kitanna's Sir Neh'Taniel
    Caszidymegamike15
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    You might want to update the opening post. It still says there is only SoA content.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    jmaeq said:

A huge thanks to @theacefes for updating the Crossmod Banter Pack with crossmod banters for Minyae and the Hidden NPC! Banters exist for the following NPCs with Minyae and the Hidden NPC includes:

• jastey's Ajantis
    • Rhaella's Adrian and Isra
    • theacefes' Auren and Sarah
    • Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling, Will, Yvette, Skie: the Cost of One Girl's Soul, and Verr'Sza
    • kulyok's Branwen, Tiax, and Xan
    • kitanna's Sir Neh'Taniel
    That's an impressive list of crossmod banters!
    Caszidy
    @Ulb Thanks for the catch! It's fixed now.

@jastey Hopefully, I'll be able to add more to the list as time goes on. Thank you again for your help and never-ending patience with my questions!
    Caszidy
    Thank you for the kind words, but neither do I remember any out-of the place questions nor too much of them. :smile: (This is not fishing for compliments.)
    I wouldn't have taken it as such, even if you hadn't wrote the last bit :)

Phew, I was able to sneak away with my questions.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i'm really shocked when i see new cross mod for say isra and kulyok's mods. mostly kulyok as she retired from modding.
    berelinde, Kulyok, Domi are still reachable if you have the power of the right email addresses. ;)
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @jastey
    hey,
    may you reach the mod maker of Nalia romance and actually ask him if he will ever release ToB content?
    @Arthas Answered via PM to stop the thread becoming more OT. (The short answer is "no", though).
    Arthas
    edited January 2019
    Version updated to v2.1.1.

This release is mainly focused on incompatibility issues for the original BG2 and should now work properly. Minor corrections for Minyae's Enchanter-only class have been done as well.

Thanks to Kuura (on G3) for informing me of the incompatibility issues and Rhaella for fixing the issue!
    Post edited by jmaeq on
    Caszidy
    Version updated to v3.0

This release should be EET compatible, and I've fixed an issue with a bam file problem in ToB for the vanilla BG2. Also, Minyae's introduction when summoned by the Fates in ToB is now voiced.
    Ludwig_IIALIENCaszidyGusinda
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

While this mod looks very interesting, I'm unfortunately encountering a bug that occurs right after,
    killing the lich in the Crooked Crane and Minyae says "the tome isn't here"
    After that, she CONTINUOUSLY asks "What do you want?" and brings up her list of dialogue/action choices for my character. After I click off the list, it immediately comes back up again.

In fairness, I should acknowledge that,
    1. I DON'T have the most recent version of BG2:EE installed (I'm using version 1.3).
    2. I installed the mod in the midst of a playthrough (though before I had ever visited the City Gates).
    3. I have a bunch of other mods installed (though Minyae is the "topmost" mod).

Thanks for any help in advance.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Update to the above: It appears that my journal is supposed to update after the interaction described in the spoilers, but the update isn't actually showing up in my journal. Not sure if that's connected to the dialogue bug.