Skip to content

Chatty Imoen

Comments

• MLMIIMLMII Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    @AstroBryGuy

First allow me to apologize if this is considered bad form (I've never modded so I'm not totally sure what the proper etiquette is here and I'm apparently too stupid to figure out how to make a PM to you from your profile page.) But I was poking around and I think I found the line that is erasing Imoen's Bio.

ChattyImoen/lib/project_macros

I commented (Line 50) *** WRITE_LONG BIO (BNOT 0x0) *** out and ran the quickest of tests by simply rushing the Prologue and Imoen did have her bio. ... Hopefully doing so didn't manage to break anything else.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful mod and I apologize if I offended you by doing this.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2016
    MLMII said:

@AstroBryGuy

First allow me to apologize if this is considered bad form (I've never modded so I'm not totally sure what the proper etiquette is here and I'm apparently too stupid to figure out how to make a PM to you from your profile page.) But I was poking around and I think I found the line that is erasing Imoen's Bio.

ChattyImoen/lib/project_macros

I commented (Line 50) *** WRITE_LONG BIO (BNOT 0x0) *** out and ran the quickest of tests by simply rushing the Prologue and Imoen did have her bio. ... Hopefully doing so didn't manage to break anything else.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful mod and I apologize if I offended you by doing this.
    Thanks. I knew what the problem was. I just haven't had time to upload the fix. Other priorities IRL.
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55

I believe patch 2.2 changed some tlk files because after I updated my game everytime Imoen was supposed to use some line of your mod she uses a line of SoD instead.

This even happen in a clean install of the game with no mods installed.

The only way it doesn't happen is if I start a new game.
    edited May 2016
    Saved games store copies of the creature files and area files as they were when you first encountered them. They are not updated when you install a patch or a new mod.

In this case, it sounds like installing the patch changed the base game string references. So, the Imoen creature file in your saved game has string references that are no longer pointing to the correct strings. There is no way to fix the Imoen CRE file in your saved game (besides manually editing it in NearInfinity or DLTCEP). You could respawn a fresh Imoen using the console. That should work.

If you have the console enabled, create a new Imoen by using the following command:

C:CreateCreature("IMOEN2")

You can replace IMOEN2 with IMOEN4 or IMOEN6 depending on your level. Keep in mind this is a "new" Imoen. You can use EE Keeper to tweak her to match your Imoen (e.g., proficiencies, thief skills, etc..).
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @AstroBryGuy here's Polish translation. Thanks in advance for adding it in next update :)
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    @AstroBryGuy - any plans to add EET compatibility to this mod? Pretty please!
    @agb1 - Sorry for the late reply. What would need to be done for EET compatibility?

I don't want to change the change the character sounds for BG2, but I could see implementing the portrait alternatives.
    I am preparing an update to v1.3, which will feature French and German translations for Chatty Imoen.

I have received the needed files and translations for French. I've also pulled the needed sounds and text from the German version of BG2. I do need a translation of the setup.tra for German.

@0 = ~Chatty Imoen: Expanded Character Sounds~ @1 = ~You must have BG1, TotSC, Tutu, or BG:EE installed.~ @2 = ~Chatty Imoen: Add NPC Interactions~ @3 = ~Chatty Imoen: Expanded Character Sounds component required~ @4 = ~Chatty Imoen: Imoen Portrait Replacements~ @5 = ~Give Imoen her BG1 Portrait~ @6 = ~Give Imoen her SoD Portrait~ @7 = ~Give Imoen her BG2 Portrait~

This release will also include a template translation file, with the source BGEE and BG2 string references, and a sound sourcefile list for adding new translations.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/ChattyImoen/blob/master/ChattyImoen/tra/chattyimoen_template.tra
    https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/ChattyImoen/blob/master/ChattyImoen/tra/ay#imoenp_template.tra
    https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/ChattyImoen/blob/master/ChattyImoen/sounds/sourcelist.txt
    @AstroBryGuy do you plan to also add Polish translation from a couple of posts above?
    edited April 2017
    @Cahir - I'm sorry - I completely missed that! :disappointed:

I'll add it for v1.3, of course!
    edited April 2017
    @Cahir - one question, is Imoen dubbed in Polish, or do you have the English voiceover with Polish subtitles?

EDIT: I checked BGEE, and there appears to be a Polish dub. But BG2EE doesn't have that language in my install. Is there one available for vanilla BG2?
    edited April 2017
    @AstroBryGuy yes there is a Polish dub for BG2. I'll try to extract the files when I got back home from work. Which files exactly do you need?

As soon as we finish translating BG2EE we will ask Beamdog to implement both translation and voiceovers from vanilla BG2 in the next patch. We are very close to finish.

Edit: or if you have vanilla BG2 from GOG you can extract these files yourself. It's in Polish among other languages.
    edited May 2017
    @Cahir - I can get the BG2 files from GOG, and I'm currently downloading the Polish installer.

Some of the characters sounds ChattyImoen adds use parts of Imoen's lines from the BG2 tutorial. To be honest, I'm not confident about trimming the Polish audio. Would you be able to help with that? Could I send you the audio files to trim?

I can send you the files, the original english line and the part I'm using. There's just 7 files to trim. All the others I'm using from BG2 are using the full audio file.

EDIT: The full sourcefile list:
    List of BG2 sources for each of the added character sounds.

AY#IMNA1.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN33.WAV // #11038 = "Gotcha"
    AY#IMNA2.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN38.WAV // #11042 = "You can count on me"
    AY#IMNA3.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN37.WAV // #11043 = "No problem at all"
    AY#IMNA6.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN36.WAV // #4336 = "Alright! Alright!"
    AY#IMNB2.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN16.WAV // #30762 = "I'll show you a fight!"
    AY#IMNBR.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOE96.WAV (trimmed) // #39324 = "What's taking you so long?" (1st sentence)
    AY#IMNC1.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOE97.WAV (trimmed) // #39325 = "Good job." (1st sentence)
    AY#IMNDN.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOE99.WAV (trimmed) // #39489 = "There could be traps down here." (1st sentence)
    AY#IMNHR.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOEA2.WAV (trimmed) // #39492 = "I'm kinda wounded." (1st sentence)
    AY#IMNLD.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN08.WAV // #4337 = "Aww, come on. I'm not cut out for the leadership stuff."
    AY#IMNPP.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN46.WAV // #30750 = "Easy as pie"
    AY#IMNR1.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOE98.WAV // #39330 = "Alright!" (1st sentence); Alternative TTIMOE93.WAV (trimmed) #39313
    AY#IMNR2.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN35.WAV // #4335 = "Right you are."
    AY#IMNS3.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN29.WAV // #11044 = "Name it."
    AY#IMNS4.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN34.WAV // #11039 = "Good to go."
    AY#IMNS5.WAV: BG2 - IMOEN31.WAV // #30739 = "Somethin' up?"
    AY#IMNS6.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOE94.WAV (trimmed) // #39320 = "Hurry up!" (2nd sentence)
    AY#IMNSP.WAV: BG2 - TTIMOE90.WAV (trimmed) // #39305 = "Heya! How are things going?" (1st sentence)
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    edited May 2017
    Greetings Adventurers!

v1.3 of Chatty Imoen is ready. The major highlights are:
    * Added French, German, and Polish translations
    * BGT and EET compatibility!

Download it at: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/ChattyImoen/releases/tag/v1.3

I have also added .tra file templates to help with adding more languages for Chatty Imoen.

@agb1 - Please let me know if there are problems with EET compatibility.

Thanks to @Cahir for the Polish translation and @mirandir for the French translation!
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2017

Greetings Adventurers!

Do not know what I am doing wrong, but EET refuses to work with the mod. It's not in list of compatible with EET mods either.

P.S. The mod is also not included (now at least) into BWS :(

Post edited by Mirandel on
    Mirandel said:

Greetings Adventurers!

Do not know what I am doing wrong, but EET refuses to work with the mod. It's not in list of compatible with EET mods either.

P.S. The mod is also not included (now at least) into BWS :(

What error message are you getting?

BWS doesn't support macOS, so I can't debug problems with my mods and BWS.
    Wait, but the mod is not only for macOS - I used it for years on windows. How was it debugged before?

As of error message - can not get debug file now (re-installing everything at the moment and for the 100 something time). It was manual EET installation, when I tried first install BGEE mods (as it recommended) and then run main component of EET, I had a message with something about "ERROR, incompatible file chatti_imoen detected, can not continue installation". After removing the mod everything run smoothly.
    The mod should work on Windows, Mac, and Linux*. I've never personally installed it on Windows or Linux, since I don't have machines that run those OSes. However, with WeiDU error messages and the SETUP_CHATTYIMOEN.log file created by WeiDU, I can figure out issues and fix problems. Error messages specifically from BWS (as opposed to WeiDU's error messages or log files) are a different matter, since I can't run BWS to recreate the problem.

If you can send me the error message, I can try to figure out the problem.

* Linux installation on EEs does require special steps to account for the case-sensitive filesystem.
    As soon as I repeat manual installation (after my current fails, no doubt about that) - I'll send you log file. Thanks for looking into it, would truly miss the mod.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    It installs fine on Windows EET 1.0 RC8. (I don't have the newest built, yet.)
    @Mirandel - Did you install ChattyImoen before the EET conversion?

With v1.3, I've made the necessary adjustments so that it can be installed after EET conversion.
    edited August 2017
    Ah! So, this is the problem then, because I did try to install it before EET conversion. With result like that:

FAILURE:
    CHATTYIMOEN BG:EE mod is not recognized by EET, so it can't be imported to BG2:E
    E with EET
    ERROR: [../Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/WeiDU.log] -> [EET/temp] Patching Fa
    iled (COPY) (Failure("CHATTYIMOEN BG:EE mod is not recognized by EET, so it can'
    t be imported to BG2:EE with EET"))
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous sta
    te
    Will uninstall 1 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Failure("CHATTYIMOEN BG:EE mod is not recognized by EET, so it can't be i
    mported to BG2:EE with EET")

I would love to know then, WHEN to install it? Since BWS can not help in this case, do you know after/before wich mod it supposed to be installed? And also - in what folder? BG1EE or BG2EE, as EET mod?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Since EET conversion seems to choke on it, you need to apply Chatty Imoen mod to the EET game, thus the BGII:EE folder, but after the main conversion (but before the final EET-end.exe is applied). I am not sure whether it should be applied more to teh beginning or the end of the modlist, though.
    It can be installed as an EET mod.

I don't do mega-mod installs, and I don't know of any conflicts. ChattyImoen only edits the character sounds (and potentially portraits) in Imoen's CRE files, adds lines for Imoen to a couple 2DA files (INTERACT.2DA and DEATH.2DA), and one change to her post-leaving dialog file in BG1. It should be fine to install at the end of the modlist.
    Thanks, @jastey and @AstroBryGuy will do!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2017
    I've downloaded ChattyImoen onto my Mac but I seem to be doing something wrong because I can't find setup-chattyimoen.command to get going. This is almost certainly down to stupidity on my part because I've also been trying to download some custom portraits and soundsets and have failed to do that as well.

Edit: I just re-downloaded it and this time I have got the setup-chattyimoen.command but is can't get it to work because I get a message saying I don't have the 'appropriate access privileges'. I think this is something to do with the way I have got security set up on my computer. I'll ask a friend who understands this stuff and see if he can fix it for me.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I have the same question here as for Neera Banter: the mod predates version 2.5 of BG:EE. Will I run into any problems installing and running it on the newest version of BG:EE?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I've used it during 2.5 without issues.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Same here, haven't had any problems.