Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Bug-related reloads are generally considered acceptable. I nearly died to that same bug once, against Melissan, and I would have considered a reload justified if I had not survived the bug.

Some bugs are kind of clear-cut, while others are more of a gray area, but in this case, we're talking about a type of collision behavior that is most definitely not supposed to happen, and for which there is no readily available, zero-opportunity-cost solution. Only CTRL-J, Teleport Field, a mod-introduced option, or maybe releasing a familiar could free you, and the last three such options could impose dangerous costs by requiring the use of aura.
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Blackraven
    I would definitely reload.  I'm specifically sticking with v2.3 until this issue with personal space gets fixed.  This only happens in rare cases in v2.3, not with the much higher frequency that v2.5 seems to elicit.
    Blackraven
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Honestly I would consider that a feature even for how shitty it is. I never understood why a dragon wouldn't try to smash you on the ground

semiticgoddessBlackravenCharlestonianTemplarBlind_Visionary
    Condolences, @OlvynChuru. Backstabbers are absolutely deadly in LoB mode, and that dead magic area only makes things even worse. I don't even know how to win that fight--ever since I first saw it in my blind run, I've always fled from the encounter.
    OlvynChuruWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2019
    Potions work as normal in dead magic zones. I often use oil of fiery burning or potion of explosions in these areas. In my blind run I passed it without issues.
    Not lob though. I am not sure how much you would need for that...
    Grond0OlvynChuruCrevsDaak
    @Blackraven: How reliable is jelly form against beholders in your install? Last I checked, Death Ray bypassed magic resistance and the save penalty was at -4, and I'd think that few characters who could cast Polymorph Self would be able to hit an undispellable -3 save vs. death.
    BlackravenCharlestonianTemplar
  • Question: Does a PC/NPC being tired, affect their performance? 
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @CharlestonianTemplar

Fatigue reduces Luck, which skews dice rolls against you so you will deal less damage and suffer more on average. At max fatigue your Luck is penalized by 99 which means you’ll always be taking maximum damage while dealing minimum damage.
    semiticgoddessCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
    edited February 2019
    Specifically, you take more damage from enemy spells, while dealing less damage with your own weapons. It only applies to incoming spell damage and outgoing weapon damage; a party with luck penalties won't deal less damage with its own spells or take more damage from enemy weapons. Thus, your longsword will deal less damage and an enemy Fireball will deal more.

Lower fatigue doesn't imply such severe penalties, but since every luck penalties apply to every dice roll, even a few points of bad luck can be very dangerous. Once you hit -5 luck, an enemy Fireball will always do maximum damage because each d6 gets cranked up to 6.

You start taking luck penalties after you hit 7 fatigue, which amounts to -1 luck. In IWD, a Haste spell applies 7 fatigue, but in BG, it only applies 4. Casting two Haste spells in the same day would leave you with -2 luck altogether in BG, not counting other bonuses or penalties (Constitution and time without resting also affect fatigue, but I don't know by how much).
    Grond0Mantis37Blind_VisionaryCrevsDaak