Skip to content

All female party

2»

Comments

• DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited February 2017
    I've said it before but I'll say it again:
    Aerie and Viconia do not get on
    . It is possible to keep them together but it requires micromanagement/exploitation (in SoA at least).

BTW my all female party is working well so far :) Am about to do the Neera quests now with a party of 5.
    Post edited by Dharius on
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    What about an all female party in BG1?
    I have started a campaign and for the moment, there are four characters:
    - PC: CG Archer
    - Imoen
    - Neera
    - Jaheira

Khalid stayed in a house reading books.

I wonder who to add to the party.

Can Jaheira be my sole tank ?

Or

should I add Branwen?

When I arrive to Baldur's gate I plan to add

Alora

... Unfortunately I cannot add
    Shar-Teel

because it is a good party. It is a pity because she would have been the perfect tank.

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @Rigel yeah, you can make do with Jaheira as your only tank. If you want an easier journey, pick up the free ankheg plate asap then just have her positioned far in front of everyone else so enemies target her. keep her with a shield and whatever weapon you have that is decent. Late game, staffmace +2 is a good choice. Stack all AC items on her, ring of protection (you can find that early +1 as well) and later on stack like baldurans cloak and helm on her and the +2 ring or amulet. With girdles of choice (piering, crushing etc depending on enemy), boots of +5 vs piercing and the best shield available she'll be practically untouchable. Two tanks are better but one works just fine.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Rigel said:
    ... Unfortunately I cannot add
    Shar-Teel

because it is a good party. It is a pity because she would have been the perfect tank.

Try using the Helmet of Opposite Alignment.
    DreadKhanRigel
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yikes, Shar-teel would be a Godsend to that party, though an actual Archer should be killing things so fast it doesn't even matter. I hate lacking a hitter, but if Jah is the best you've got, I'd definately take Branwen for her Skellies. I suppose Jah can hit hard with the Gauntlets of str if its important. Too bad you can't get the Bigfisted Belt, would be a nice buff for Jah.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I would certainly add Branwen, she can tank very well and has good summons. The archer will carry you far as bows are awesome in BG1
    RigelDharius
    Thanks a lot.
    @JuliusBorisov this is a good idea but I will need to wait until I finish Durlag's tower, which will take a lot of time ... and what about using the girdle of masculinity/femininity... on Minsc for example !  :)
    I read that there are some quests that I will not be able to do without a male in the party and one is particularly problematic for what we discussed above

• Oublek will only mistake male characters for Greywolf
    • Safana can only be recruited by male characters
    • Shar Teel only challenges male characters
    • Nemphre's quest can only be started by male characters

There should be too some quests which could only be done by female characters. But I guess that almost every party has Imoen...
    So for the moment the party is
    - MC Archer
    - Imoen
    - Jaheira
    - Neera
    - Branwen
    - Dynaheir

but I guess there will be changes during the walkthrough. 

In parallel I have created an other character, who will be the tank of the party.
    Please receive Dalia Firehair, Human Berserker CG, 18/18/16/15/12/15

For the moment, Dalia, Imoen and Neera are busy around Beregost and ponder getting to Nashkel.
    Those girls want to break the glass ceiling and they will !
    Gusinda
    Note: I took the pic in the Gibberlings3 portrait pages of Tyris Flare. 
    For the moment, I run an almost complete girl's band:
    - PC, Siobhan Redfreckles, Human Enchanter NG
    - Imoen
    - Branwen
    - Neera
    - Dynaheir
    - Minsc
    - ... and Boo (is it a male or female ?)

It works pretty well. It is the first time that I have so many mages in a team, and I like it. Looking forwards to arrive to SoD and meet with Schael Corwin and
    romance her

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Rigel wrote: »
    For the moment, I run an almost complete girl's band:
    - PC, Siobhan Redfreckles, Human Enchanter NG
    - Imoen
    - Branwen
    - Neera
    - Dynaheir
    - Minsc
    - ... and Boo (is it a male or female ?)

It works pretty well. It is the first time that I have so many mages in a team, and I like it. Looking forwards to arrive to SoD and meet with Schael Corwin and
    romance her

You're missing a tree-hugger. Add Faldorn for some pesky bug spell-interruption and Dread Wolf support and you're golden!
    Rigel
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Female dwarf defender!!
    @butteredsoul I started a couple of months ago a run with a female dwarf defender. She is called Belinda and was great. But I do not know why, I could not convince myself that she could be Gorion's ward...
    @Balrog99 yes it is a good idea, perhaps switch Dynaheir with Faldorn. I need to keep Minsc as a tank for the moment ... or could Branwen be a tank ? Can a party survive without a fighter ?
    butteredsoul
    edited February 2019
    @butteredsoul I started a couple of months ago a run with a female dwarf defender. She is called Belinda and was great. But I do not know why, I could not convince myself that she could be Gorion's ward...
    @Balrog99 yes it is a good idea, perhaps switch Dynaheir with Faldorn. I need to keep Minsc as a tank for the moment ... or could Branwen be a tank ? Can a party survive without a fighter ?

You can survive without a fighter just fine. The fights will take longer without a major damage dealer but you can speed things up by disabling the opponents. Summoning will help a lot also. Don't forget about Faldorn's wolf companion (I almost never remember to use it myself).
    I am about to enter into Cloakwood. The current team is
    - Siobhan,Enchanter
    - Imoen
    - Neera
    - Branwen
    - Minsc

So I have a free spot - usually I would take Coran but I wonder if I will not try this time Faldorn. I never took her during long times in the precedent runs - usually or she died quickly or I switched her with Yeslick. But it seems that it is a pretty good occasion to play a Druid - sometimes I plan to make a complete run with a Druid, so it will be somekind of a test run.
    A pity that Jaheira died during a wild surge with a Nabassu... now I need to keep on with Minsc, I do not dare dropping him....
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    A pity that Jaheira died during a wild surge with a Nabassu... now I need to keep on with Minsc, I do not dare dropping him....

There's a girdle that can solve your problems ;)
    SkatanRigelJuliusBorisov
    I never used the "girdle" but perhaps this is the right time ....
    JuliusBorisov
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @JuliusBorisov I always had problems recruiting Shar Teel into my all-female parties as, without a man for her to challenge, she was not interested in joining. Has that been fixed by the EEs, or is my memory very faulty?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You're correct. Again, items to the rescue!

There's a girdle that can solve your problems ;)
    RigelGreenWarlock
    @JuliusBorisov I always had problems recruiting Shar Teel into my all-female parties as, without a man for her to challenge, she was not interested in joining. Has that been fixed by the EEs, or is my memory very faulty?

Control 'Q' still works if you have the cheat codes enabled. I was just going to mention Shar-Teel as a sub for Minsc. Completely forgot about the challenge thing...
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I am surprised you don't want Edwina.
    Balrog99
  • CabushaCabusha Member Posts: 8
    No Edwina? Cursed belt of gender change, anyone?