Skip to content

[v2.8] Sirene, a tiefling paladin of Ilmater NPC for BG:EE and SoD

Comments

• jmaeqjmaeq Member Posts: 91
    edited December 2018
    @Whiteknight75

May I ask where you placed Sirene's folder? If you are using Steam, the mod folder along with its .exe should be placed in: Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/[either BGI or BGII folder depending on what game the mod is for]

Then, try running the .exe there.
  • Whiteknight75Whiteknight75 Member Posts: 13
    I am using beamdog folder
    I think I got it, it was in my admins folder,3d objects
    Yeah, it worked ?
    jmaeq
  • AnstalisAnstalis Member Posts: 17
    I have Divine Champion installed(Via ArtisanKitPack) But When installing Sirene it skips over the option to give her the Divine Champion kit. Any ideas?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2019
    @Anstalis

The mod still thinks the Divine Champion is a component of House Rule Tweaks. Until I update, install the kitpack after Sirene if you want her to have the kit.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • AnstalisAnstalis Member Posts: 17
    Thanks, I'll do that.
  • AssarCZEAssarCZE Member Posts: 25
    Hi folks,

as several people before me I run to the stutter bug with Sirene too. As someone stated before me, this bug started to occur in Troll Claw Woods. I tried to reinstall Sirene, but it did not help. Did someone found out how to resolve this bug?

Thx in advance
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @AssarCZE Please post weidu.log in case of any bug report for any mod. Do you have any romance tweaks from Tweaks Anthology mod?
    Not from Tweaks Anthology, but I have basically all from NPCs mod.

WEIDU.LOG below.
    AssarCZE said:

Not from Tweaks Anthology, but I have basically all from NPCs mod.

WEIDU.LOG below.

So I made a progress. I tried to use another party members and it seems that my problem might be caused by Neera. If I remove her from party and use for example Edwin the stuttering is over.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I have a poor imitation of a bug report (sorry everyone). In my last playthrough (Which ended up being abandoned), the transition to SoD did something odd. Sirene did not leave my party. She stuck around through the entire opening and even in the Duchal Palace attack. I'm putting this here more to ask if anyone else has experienced this? I don't have that install anymore, but I didn't have this issue on older versions of the mod.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    I have the same problem as @ThacoBell .
    If I import my savegame into SoD she stays in the bedroom.
    She does not spawn in the Iron Throne Building which makes me wonder if the SoD part is really installed.

(I re-installed it multiple times in different combinations, but it never works..
    I also never found a way to install her romantic encounter responses in BG2 oô)
    I’m going to have to look into this.
    @ThacoBell @Arcanis

I can reproduce the issue but it's bizarre. I have no idea how to fix it, for some reason the import process between BG1 and SoD causes mod NPCs to bug out and the game won't read their script names unless you reload, which means any scripts related to the characters can't work. If you save and reload immediately after you enter SoD, everything works fine. I'm almost certain this did not happen before 2.5.
    ThacoBell
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    @JuliusBorisov and @CamDawg probably should know about this so the matter could be investigated before 2.6 is out.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can someone provide a repro case with a save?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    edited January 2019
    @JuliusBorisov -  If it works fine after the reload, then posting save with an existing problem won't work here, because after the load it works just fine (that's how I understood it). It would need to be reproduced from BG1EE and then check what happens after the transfer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yes, we need a BG:EE save with a mod NPC.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @AionZ I never saw this bug in my pre 2.5 runs.
    This bug is extremely simple to reproduce.

1. Install any NPC mod for BG1 with SoD content.
    2. Recruit the NPC in BG1.
    3. Import the save into SoD or play through BG1.
    4. Go through the entire first dungeon of SoD without reloading and save.
    5. Progress to the next chapter. The NPC will not be removed as intended.
    6. Reload.
    7. Progress to the next chapter. This time the NPC will leave the party.

I have no idea why this happens. Every vanilla NPC is perfectly fine.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited February 2019
    I've run into the Sirene/Neera Stuter bug.. In my case, I didn't even make it out of Bridgefort before the stutter started. Removing Neera immediately frees up Sirene, but it starts again as soon as rejoin her.

Weidu Log and Saved Game can be found here: https://www.transfer.sh/b0nvM/Sirene Trouble.7z

Are the String arguments in Functions case sensitive? The only thing I saw that looks different is this:
    GlobalLT("bd_neera_plot","global",5)

Edit: the problem is not capitalization, but it *is* with this line,,, commenting it out fixes the stutter and allows the banter to start.

The rest, I'll have to leave to those with actual Weidu knowledge.
    Post edited by rashkae on
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2019
    Hi I have installed this but am getting some odd effects outside the morninglord temple, the joining dialogue makes no sense, the dialogue text box is a description of a pair of magic boots with +25% stealth and it refers to her as Captain and Garrick?!

Any help appreciated. I am not running any mods and running version 2.5 of BGEE
    Post edited by ilduderino on
    Many thanks for the quick reply, I will look into that (a mod newbie I’m afraid). It is BGEE with SOD installed so this could well be the problem
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    Sounds like weidu didn't install it right. Try re-installing it.
    ilduderino
    I have reinstalled it a few times and had the same result each time :( I only uninstalled and reinstalled it from the setup file though, is it worth deleting all the related files in the BG folder and downloading again? Thanks!
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    Did you get modmerge? Is this a Good Old Games/Steam install, or from the Beamdog Client? You'll definitely want modmerge, as that could be the issue. Whatever the cause is that your string data (All the talks) aren't coming out right.

If you don't have any other mods installed, you can delete the over-ride folder, and then re-install Sirene, that fixes things for me such as triple NPC Spawning, but yours is not that sort of issue, so I'm guessing you still don't have modmerge.

ilduderino
    Modmerge did the job, thanks a lot!
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179

@AionZ Did you see my Edit to previous message?