Skip to content

Android Mod Request

GaxGax Member Posts: 14
edited February 2019 in BG:EE Mods
Hi guys, I'm currently playing BGEE on Android (version 1.3.2079). I would like to mod it but unfortunately, I have no PC right now. I've noticed some request threads for Android mods here so how does this work? Can I post a list of things that I want and some good soul will upload these files for me? I'm a minimalist so I'm looking only for a very few modules from BG2 Tweaks and BGT Tweaks.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Gax, and welcome. I could give it a go but I didn't have the same version as yourself (I have 1.3.2070). If you make a list and upload it here, we can only see what happens...

For BG2 Tweaks, please use the replacement, Tweaks Anthology, to make the list from. BG2 Tweaks is no longer being updated. If there was something specific in BG2Tweaks that is no longer in Tweaks Anthology then no probs, I still have v16 floating around somewhere.

I don't have BGT Tweaks, so if you could also provide a link.

Gus
  • GaxGax Member Posts: 14
    Hi @Gusinda, and thanks for reply. I didn't expect it that quick wow. Different game versions shouldn't be a problem - I could eventually downgrade to 2070 if it won't work so this is no issue. I just discovered that BGT Tweaks probably doesn't work with EE so forget about it (I only wanted BG2 XP values for traps/locks/picks from it). Btw, there is actually something in old BG2 Tweaks that isn't in Anthology, the most important thing for me lol - armor appearance switching on dual/multi classes (borrowed from 1ppv4 mod made by Galactygon). It was discontinued. The problem is that original 1pp mod somehow doesn't work well with EE so I need that one tweak from BG2 Tweaks (which is confirmed working). Here is the list of modules from BG2 Tweaks I would like:

- 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching by Galactygon
    - Remove Blur Effect from Equipped Items
    - Add Bags of Holding
    - Change Experience Point Cap (remove completely)
    - Wear Multiple Protection Items (no restrictions)
    - Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table
    - Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
    - Alter Mage Spell Progression Table (P&P table)
    - Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table (P&P table)
    - Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters
    - Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells
    - Happy Patch (NPCs get angry, but never leave)
    - Invisible Cloak of Mirroring

Also, I woud like this one from aTweaks:(https://github.com/FredrikLindgren/aTweaks/releases)

- Improved XP rewards from locks, traps and scrolls (first component)

I originally wanted to restore XP for locks, traps and scrolls to vanilla BG2 values but sadly that's the module from BGT Tweaks. Now aTweaks should work. It gives less XP but still better than insanely nerfed BGEE values. BUT - if You know a way how to restore it to BG2 XP I will take that mod instead.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Gax Your comment here was caught by the forum's automated spam filter. I have restored it and verified you so that this should not happen again.
    Thanks. It happened after I edited my post. I thought it's gone forever, almost gave me a heart attack hehe.
    edited February 2019
    @Gax, no probs with that.

For the 1PPv4:Smart Avatar & Armour Switching by Galactygon, I did manage to get the 1PPv4.10 version of Armour Switching (and only Armour Switching) for the EE Series installed for my games. From memory, it is slightly better than that of the BG2 Tweaks (because I stopped using it maybe...). If you have no probs, I will use that instead. If that is the case, I will also use the Tweaks Anthology for the rest (in case you wanted to add something else).

Edit: Having a quick look at BGT Tweaks, the component you are looking for is only a copy and paste of the xpbonus.2da, so this could probably be used if you want. Ignore this, the remove cap takes it through to level 50 but the .2da only has upto level 40.

Gus

Edit: btw, no progression tables on the Bard or Druid?
    The component Invisible Cloak of Mirroring is only available for BG2EE.

Give this on a go. It contains what you wanted less Invisible Cloak of Mirroring. If you want the Bard and Druid tables, along with anything else from the Tweaks Anthology, let me know and I will redo. It is quick and simple (most of the stuff I do myself so adjusting that batch file to suit took only a couple of minutes).

To install, just copy the file to the root of:
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

To remove, delete 'BG1EE.1.3.2070_Gax-Modfile.zip'

This assumes that there is no other override folders in play. If there are, they may work but you might get unexpected results.

The other thing is the version difference in the games. For this modfile, there was only one touch of the dialog.tlk which was the Bag of Holding entry. If you get problems in the game, then try this installation method:

1. Download 'BG1EE.1.3.2070_Gax-Modfile.zip' to your device and place into:
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition'
    Unpack override folder only and place contents into:
    'Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override'

This will use your current dialog.tlk but just not have an entry for Bag of Holding so wont be available in any dialog. If you are able to get the Console working on your device (have a look in the Andoid Modding discussion for info), then you could console it in with:
    C:CreateItem("BAG31")

I have included the WeiDU.log for you well.

Hope it all works for you
    Enjoy
    Gus
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Gax[Deleted User]
    Thanks so much! Considering 1ppv4 - if it works with EE than I'm fine with whatever version it is. I don't need Bard/Druid tables because I never play with these classes. Oh, and I forgot that Cloak is from BG2 so that's not needed here. I just looked at the log and it looks complete. Seems all I wanted. I'm gonna test it tonight probably and let you know.

I can't use console on Android.. I can't cheat items. I'm starting fresh so I need to play for a while to test some of the stuff. I have no saves or override folder right now. I'm playing dual so I'll have to create multi and somehow test that armor switching because my dual will take long to activate hehe.
    Gusinda
    Minor update, @Gusinda. I've been playing for a while and it seems to be working. No problems so far. I switched to 2070 just for safety. Armor switching works (I had to cheese kill Firebead with F/M to test it haha). Also, XP from scrolls and locks changed from EE. Look like I'm ready for a full trilogy ride. B) Thanks again, it was really helpful.

Oh... maybe that I will need your help again with BG2EE in the future. :#
    Gusinda
    @Gax, no problems, good to see it is working for you. See ya for BG2EE.

Gus
    Hi and sorry to bother you, @Gusinda. Do you still have my modfile? If you wouldn't mind adding in a few more modules from BG2 Tweaks (if it's even possible). It just came to my mind after I started playing, I'm not fully used to EE changes. These few things:

- Icewind Dale Casting Graphics
    - True Grandmastery
    - Remove Delay for Magical Traps
    - Bottomless Bags of Holding
    edited February 2019
    @Gax, no problems, here it is. Just replace the one in your folder. It needs to be removed out of the folder so they don't conflict.

Gus

Eidt: Update below
    Gax
    Thanks @Gusinda, you're a golden man! ;)
    Gusinda
    Hi @Gusinda... I've run into a problem with the second modfile. My game crashes whenever I try to cast Skull Trap (it happens right after casting animation completes). I tried the first modfile and it works without problem. It's obviously the "Remove Delay for Magical Traps" module because IWD casting graphics works fine on other Necromancy spells. Could you please remove it from the second modfile?
    @Gax, try this, Remove Delay removed. Some components of Tweaks Anthology is only for v2.x of the game. Perhaps this was one of them?

Gus
    Gax
    It works now. B) Thanks very much @Gusinda, you're my saviour!
    Gusinda
    Good day to you, @Gusinda. I just finally destroyed Sarevok with my so overpowered party and I'm heading to BG2:EE. Could I bother you once more with the modfile? I have version 1.3.2064 if that's not a problem.
    Btw, everything went fine with your BGEE mod, I had zero issues except for that Trap Delay.
    edited March 2019
    @Gax, try this. Not expecting any probs but haven't tested it (I have the updated version on my device...). I used the same mod request from the BG1EE mod. If you wanted anything else (or less), let me know.

Gus

Edit: Deleted files. Updated version below.
    Oh that was faaaast... too fast. B) I actually wanted some minor tweaks/additions in the mod. I would like to use all the stuff from my last BGEE Modfile_3 except for:

- XP for lock/traps/scrolls (aTweaks)

I would like to add:

- Hooded Vecna Robe (aTweaks)
    - zero casting time for warrior innates (aTweaks)
    - Invisible Cloak of Mirrorring (BG2Tweak)

Also, would it be possible to add Miloch's PnP Free Action v2? I wouldn't be able to find the link for this mod but you seem more capable than me.
    @Gax, no problems. It needed to be started and I found that I had the wrong naming convention in my batch file anyway... Had it named it for the newer game instead.

Here's the new version with the changes made.
    Gus
    @Gusinda, not sure where is the problem but it doesn't work. Game crashes after I click on New Game - "Unfortunately, BG2EE has stopped working". :s Any suggestions? Should I unpack the override folder and start removing files one by one? Maybe that would help find out what file causes it.
    So... I just extracted that override folder and lang-en_US.zip into /files AND IT WORKS NOW! What the hell? :D
    Hi @Gax, yeah, sorry. It was built for it to be unpacked into the /files folder and have lang-en_US.zip in the root of /files and the override folder completely unpacked (which is the normal way I do it). I didn't look back and thought that this was the way for the previous file...

Good to see you got it going though.

Gus
    So it's working as intended, ok. Thanks again for help!
  • GelledornGelledorn Member Posts: 31
    Hey gusinda could you compile saradas shapeshifter mod for me? I have bg2ee for android. Thanks so much
    Hi @Gelledorn, welcome to the forum.

Attached is the requested modfile. All it contains is the Revisioned Shapeshifter. It is only for BG2EE v2.5.16.6 English. If you needed another language, let me know.

To install copy the .zip file to the following folder:
    Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/

For this modfile, there is no need to unpack at all as it is made to run packed. Once finished and you want to delete, then just delete the file and you are back to Vanilla.

If you are running any other modfiles, they will need to be deleted first, same with any override folder. Actually, I would rename the override folder first, test the game with the modfile, then try with the override folder renamed back if you have any important override mods you want to keep...

Enjoy the game and your stay with the forum. If you have any problems, let me know.

Gus
    [Deleted User]Gelledorn
    Thanks bro. Much appreciated sir
    Gusinda
    edited June 2019
    Gusinda I was wondering if you could compile also a modfile called werewarrior? Its a custom kit I believe
    Hi @Gelledorn, found the mod. It looks pretty old (2009) and may not be compatible. Will try later today and see if it installs on EE.

Gus
    Thanks brother
    I take it the mod is too old? If so no prob
    Gusinda I wonder if the bearwalker mod is more compatible? Just curious