Skip to content

Is wand of frost destroy loot in latest patch ?

Hi
I never try in the new patch, is it destroy loot as in the vanilla or not ?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Yes, you can lose loot this way.
    semiticgoddess
    Interesting. I’m almost certain (about 99%) that I lost the druid ring on the first Cloakwood map in v2.5 because of the wand.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I haven't tested it extensively, but the mechanic is definitely different in BG1. Rather than just a bit of gold and quest items you retain armor, weapons, jewelry etc - so if the ring did disappear I don't think that's intended behavior.
    Hmmm... well, I'll try to reproduce it the next chance I get. I'm pretty sure the playthrough I'm remembering was after Christmas. Possibly November/December. But if I was asked to bet on my memory vs. your extensive knowledge of all things BG, well, I'd not be overly eager to bet on myself.
    I can now confirm that the issue still occurs. I just froze Mutamin and all his stuff was gone, save for 120gp.
    Danacmgorgonzola
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    @Grond0 thanks this information mate ! I hope bg2ee will be patched this way soon. :)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    @grond0 how does difficulty chip in at this behaviour (if at all)? I generally avoid cold damage these days though I know I shouldn't.
    @iroumen I don't think it affects it. I've never played the game on less than core difficulty though, so I'm not sure if it's different on the easy settings.
    edited March 2019
    Grond0 wrote: »
    It must be a difference between versions then - I'm using the Beamdog build 2.5.17.

Okay, this is really weird because I'm using the Beamdog version 2.5.17.0 - which I'm assuming is the same build (you left the '0' off the end)? I have Tweaks Anthology and SCS installed, but I don't see how they would cause a change like that.

Edit: I do notice that you're playing via an SOD install. I wonder if that makes the difference because there are differences between games. For instance, in the SOD version the level-up icon doesn't appear on the portrait. I also discovered that the cleric spell 'Far Sight' doesn't work in the SOD version, but does in a basic BGEE install. And there must be more differences. What's odd is that in this case the 'bug' would be in the blue-stone version which was beta tested, whereas the SOD version wasn't.
    edited March 2019
    No, I agree the mods shouldn't affect it. What I thought could be different though is the platform - even though they're all PC, I think it's possible there are differences between the Beamdog version that I have, Steam and Gog.
    I just edited my last post. Maybe it's the difference between the blue-stone and SOD installs.
    It's not that no - I've tested on both. Here's Mutamin getting chilly in BGEE only.
    m2qrdnodrr1p.jpg

@JuliusBorisov any ideas on why there's a difference?
    Getting, chilly, LOL! In the following screenshots, my sorcerer (in Arnie Schwarzenegger's voice) says, 'Time to cool off!' ;)

Here, a basilisk is frozen into a popsicle. No loot whatsoever.
    d0ienmaep7hi.png

Mutamin is frozen.
    qvp3ccum3eqn.png

Aaaaaand.... ker-chunk. Nothing, save for 120 gp
    7f0dr5hffyd0.png

But perhaps Rik_Kirtaniya has it?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ah right, gore! It was something with settings ;)
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    So is it working if gore is disabled ? If enabled the loot is destroyed again ?
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Danacm wrote: »
    So is it working if gore is disabled ? If enabled the loot is destroyed again ?

Yes unfortunately. But there is a mod that is called p5 tweaks, where you can disable the loot destroying effects of cold, imprisonment and disintegrate. So that's an alternative :)
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarOrlonKronsteen
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Grond0 It's very odd if the Gore option is the same in your BG:EE and BG:EE+SoD games.
    You can still lose loot in BG2EE, but BGEE has now been patched so that cold damage does not destroy equipment.

This sounds a bit strange (like a bug, maybe?)
    @Grond0 It's very odd if the Gore option is the same in your BG:EE and BG:EE+SoD games.
    You can still lose loot in BG2EE, but BGEE has now been patched so that cold damage does not destroy equipment.

This sounds a bit strange (like a bug, maybe?)

As @Rik_Kirtaniya said the difference is down to whether Gore is enabled. If I switch that off in BG2EE then items are untouched there as well.
    JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteen