Skip to content

Mod Squads: running with only modded NPCs

Like many people here, I'm always on the lookout for newer and better NPC mods that can breathe new life into my playthroughs. This is especially true for BG2, since I've never been that big of a fan of the game's original NPCs.

In my current BG2 run (which is nearing the end of Chapter 3), my party is currently comprised entirely of modded NPCs:

Isra
Auren
Anishai
Fade
Keto

I previously also had Yasraena, Xan, and Angelo in my party, and anticipate swapping out Auren for Sirene before heading off to Spellhold.

Does anyone else here fill their parties almost or entirely full of modded NPCs? What have been some of your favorite mod party compositions?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    In my last unfinished BG2 I had Branwen , Coran and Xan . The three mods are full of party interaction and dialogues with the pc that it made me feel like they ain't modded at all , it was amazing and I intend to restart that playthrough someday !
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yasraena is so broken! I love her. Auren is great, though she's best paired with Nalia.

Xan for BG2 is one of the best NPC mods out there. The mod creator really put a lot of thought into developing him and making him a jaded cynic with genuine ideals rather than a one-dimensional Eeyore.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    In my last runthrough I rather enjoyed the crossmod banter between Angelo, Faren, and Adrian.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the issue with these runs is i always need yoshimo in my party as i feel bad if i leave imoen i spellhold. but as the reason i like yoshimo at all is due to his friendship and romance mods that flesh him out, he may as well be an npc mod.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Yasraena is so broken! I love her. Auren is great, though she's best paired with Nalia.

Xan for BG2 is one of the best NPC mods out there. The mod creator really put a lot of thought into developing him and making him a jaded cynic with genuine ideals rather than a one-dimensional Eeyore.

I love Yas too, she's become a staple of my BG2 parties.

What I like most about Xan (and also Angelo, from the same creator) is that you get access to a lot of interesting subquests and items/weapons (for example, I currently have a Ring of Regeneration thanks to one of Xan's quests).
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    xan and isra are my go to recommendations for mods.

now a future bg 2 playthrough will be mostly modded npcs. adrian, arath, isra, and Yvette
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Since it's relevant: I made a couple NPC mods for Korax the ghoul and Lilarcor the sword.