Skip to content

I adjusted the font size of BGEE (Android)

andeakerandeaker Member Posts: 11
(I typed it in Chinese and translated it into English by computer. If it's hard to understand, I'm sorry.)

My mobile phone is 5.5 inch screen (Android). When I play BG: EE, I find that its font is too small. I always try to solve it. By chance, I find that a LUA file can solve most of the problems (currently only the font on the world map can not change its size). Here I send out the methods and files, hoping to help you, and also hope that the production team can refer to them. This font size:

Steps:

1. Guarantee that the game has completely withdrawn (not in the process), it is recommended to restart the mobile phone and operate again.

2. Enter the directory of mobile phones: Android - > Data - > com. beamdog. baldursgateenhancedeedition - > files

3. Under the directory in Step 2 ("files"), create a new directory: override

4. Release the Lua file in ZIP to "override"。

5. Start the game!

PS: It is impossible to change the font size on the world map at present. Does anyone know what to do?

ud07p1q713ko.jpg
vkkvj0fpltsk.jpg
u2e6fjf6ifzu.jpg
Post edited by andeaker on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    This is very cool!
  • andeakerandeaker Member Posts: 11
    Attached is the font file in the figure. After decompression, place it in the "override" directory. Fonts come from Founder font library, using GB2312 encoding, supporting complete English, Chinese, Japanese, and some Russian. It can be used by individuals without authorization and can not be used in commerce.

a3wrkn9le6u4.jpg
    edited April 2019
    This is very cool!

I liked BG when I first contacted it in 2000, but I'm sorry that I used piracy at that time, because the original version was a terrible expense for me who was still in school. Now, after working, I bought Gog, Steam and Android's BG: EE and BG2: EE.

Also, I hope Google Play's BG2: EE will come back soon.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @andeaker, I have been playing around with the Map font (FLOATTXT.TTF). It is also the HP text (in the portrait). Haven't yet found a way to increase the default font, but I replaced the font with a number (too many to count) of other TTFs. On this site, the was a Font called 'Typewriter' that was large enough to be able to read from the phone. Problem is ocf course that it overlaps with itself and as the names of the places on the map become available, it becomes a bit of a dog's breaky. Have a try to see if it is something that you are looking for. I am going to continue the search, found a couple of others such as 'Freshman' and 'Ranger' but Typewriter was th biggest and most readable (which is saying something...).

Gus
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Gusinda , Thank you for your reply, but... Maybe the machine translated Chinese incorrectly, which led to your misunderstanding of my problem: I do not lack fonts, I hope my fonts can be enlarged in the text of address on the world map.
    I try to add statements like this to the M_*.lua file:
    world_map =
    	{
    		font = 'POSTANTI',
    		point = 16,
    		useFontZoom = 1,
    		valign = 'top',
    		halign = 'left',
    	}

But it doesn't work. Maybe I've got the wrong keyword...
    The text frame of the address in the world map seems to be fixed. I try to switch between different languages. The size of the text in the world map is the same.
    Hi @andeaker, yeah, haven't been able to workout the keyword as yet but using the Typewriter font, it was larhe enough without having to make any adjustment in the .lua. I am still playing around with the .lua as, like yourself, I would prefer to be able to set the size rather than rely on a fixed size.

I had read previously that the font size couldn't be changed but I find that very difficult. It is a truetype font after all...

Gus
    edited April 2019
    Hi @Gusinda ,

"Typewriter" font is a pure English font, which can not be used in non-English character games. I am using a bold font from Founder font library (FZYouHK_512B.TTF), which can satisfy my display effect on a 5.5-inch screen.

I plan to finish the bg:ee game first —— after all, the current situation has not affected my mobile phone to play.

Thank you. :wink:
    @andeaker, right... forgot about the language change.

Gus
    @andeaker, with much thanks to Bubb, there is a solution to the font size problem for FLOATTXT.

Add the following line to baldur.lua
    SetPrivateProfileString('Fonts','FLOATTXT','15')

Then set the size of the font by replacing 15 with the size you want. To reduce any overlap of text on the world map, I just used NI and found 'Traveling Hours' and reduced it to 'Hours' as well as 'Destination Unreachable' reduced to 'Unreachable'.

Gus
  • Alexandre_GrassAlexandre_Grass Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    I come to thank Gusinda and andeaker, they helped me a lot.
    Post edited by Alexandre_Grass on
  • BeaverSidBeaverSid Member Posts: 1
    Если вы ищете данную информацию на русском языке вот тут все подробно расписано