Hello, my BG brothers and sisters!
I would just like to inform you all about the BG2 playthrough I've been working on for the past months, that some of you might be interested in and perhaps find it entertaining. In the playthrough I attempt to showcase everything the game has to offer, to the best of my ability - encounters, locations, quests, references and different lesser known bits and pieces. I also showcase using most items and spells in the game, as well as some fun tactics and spell combos (especially later on in the game).
I've made an introductory video which contains a more detailed explanation of the completionist concept (with its 2 little caveats), settings, mods, my characters and everything else concerning the let's play. Generally, I try to provide a chilled out, informative commentary and present gameplay with a place for both role-playing elements, lore info and powergaming considerations in mind.
Another very important part of the playthrough is its difficulty, provided by the mod SCS - Sword Coast Stratagems. It improves the AI and stats of opponents and introduces various tactical challenges to make the game more challenging and interesting. To a similar effect, I've also included Ascension, which improves the major Throne of Bhaal fights and, most of all, the final battle of the Saga. Generally, I wanted to showcase the excellence of SCS and Ascension, but aside from that, keep things pretty vanilla, so that everyone can feel right at home, with the same BG2 content we're all accustomed to.
More specific technical info:
- Played on Enhanced Edition ver. 1.3.
- Mods used: SCS, BG2 Tweaks & aTweaks (few minor components), Ascension (in Throne of Bhaal)
The playthrough is nearing its completion (having just played the battle vs. Abazigal and his Ascension minions in the newest episode) so this thread is a little late, but perhaps it's for the best - my upload schedule has had its ups and downs and if someone finds the videos entertaining enough, they're going to have a lot of content to sink their teeth into. The episodes are mostly between 30-45 minutes long, with some exceptions here and there.
A few highlights and episodes with the some notable fights:
- all the info about the playthrough
- TorGal, who had some problems accepting death
- Shadow Dragon and Shade Lord
- Firkraag + Conster
- Beholder Hive in the Underdark - Hive Mother, 2 Elder Orbs and tons of Beholders (fought without using the Shield of Balduran)
- Drow massacre in Ust Natha
- Twisted Rune
- Reclaiming Imoen's soul from Bodhi
- Anomen vs. Nizidramanii'yt
- Irenicus' last stand in Hell
Throne of Bhaal:
- Gromnir Il-Khan
- Saladrex fought without using magic
- Nalmissra's group (Watcher's Keep level 5)
- a fun challenge of fighting all 3 Final Seal encounters at the same time (Azamantes, Nalmissra's group and the Rilmani)
I don't want to spam too many links and it's difficult to pick out separate episodes sometimes - SCS improves whole AREAS so much. The Planar Sphere, Planar Prison, Spellhold Maze, Underdark Beholder Hive, Fire Giant Temple in the Marching Mountains, Abazigal's Lair or Watcher's Keep as a whole are improved immensely and contain many different memorable fights.
I hope you'll enjoy the videos!