Skip to content

Beamdog partners with Skybound Games

Comments

• vkbestvkbest Member Posts: 42
    Will you translate to Spanish those games on Console release?
  • duke5of5duke5of5 Member Posts: 10
    I am very excited about this. I am more of a console player than computer; in fact, the Baldur's gate/Icewind dale games are the only ones I play on the computer. I look forward to these coming out. I don't suppose that BG1 for consoles might include the NPC Project material? Its dialogue enhancements really add a lot to the game and don't really change it, other than moving some late game npcs to places where you can get them earlier, which is also nice. If not, at least I hope you all might make it possible for mods like that to be added to the console games by the gamers.
    StummvonBordwehrlolienJuliusBorisov
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    Actually, my PS4 died on me a few months ago, :(

I now only have a Chromebook, which does play the BGE and IWDE series (which keep me busy) but does not support NWNE.

So, I think I might buy myself a new Xbox One. I used to have a 360 before switching to PS4, and regretted it ever since.
    JuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Dordledum wrote: »
    Actually, my PS4 died on me a few months ago, :(

I now only have a Chromebook, which does play the BGE and IWDE series (which keep me busy) but does not support NWNE.

So, I think I might buy myself a new Xbox One. I used to have a 360 before switching to PS4, and regretted it ever since.

Really? All the good exclusive games are out on PS4. I regret sticking with Xbox. They have no good exclusive titles. The best feature is backwards comp, which really, if you have an xbox is meaningless.
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    The last console I bought was the Sega Genesis, any hope there? If not maybe for my Commodore Amiga, or heck I have a ColecoVision and even my Magnavox Odyssey2? I'm just kidding... but not really, the Genesis was the last console I bought... I'm a PC guy
  • DordledumDordledum Member Posts: 243
    deltago wrote: »

Really? All the good exclusive games are out on PS4. I regret sticking with Xbox. They have no good exclusive titles. The best feature is backwards comp, which really, if you have an xbox is meaningless.

I have to agree with you on the exclusives. However switching to PS4 was for me a drag. It was non-stop running updates, when I wanted to play, and often still very buggy, very annoying. For me, the benefits of a stable system outweigh a few great exclusives.
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehr
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The backward compatibility is a must to me. I have a lot of old games I still like to play.
    ThacoBell
  • KorekizKorekiz Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if this has been asked yet but will there be cross play?
  • SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 33
    Korekiz wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been asked yet but will there be cross play?

I'm going to guess there will be crossplay between all of them but PS4.
    byrne20
  • KorekizKorekiz Member Posts: 2
    Sounds about right.
    JuliusBorisov
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    edited March 2019
    I hope we get a release date soon. :smile: I play more games on my Xbox one X these days so this will be perfect for me.
    DordledumJuliusBorisov
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    omg awesome, will def get this for console! :D
    byrne20JuliusBorisov
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Congratulations on the new site look and wish a good event to everyone involved in the beamdog
    JuliusBorisovbyrne20
  • MacNobodyMacNobody Member Posts: 1
    I am hungry for details!
    anastiel
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    More photos. Just look at that Controller Map in the BG art style. ;)

HurricaneanastielAerakar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Those interested in more information about the console releases, check out today's panel (streamed on Twitch):

anastielStummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    I'm very interested in the upcoming console releases. Is there any confirmation of local multiplayer? Also wondering about custom portraits... would love to be able to play Icewind Dale locally with the family. Can't wait for more details. Now if Beamdog could get ahold of the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games for console...
    byrne20
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    :unamused: that portrait isn’t very balduresque or IWDish.
    RaduzielanastielAmmarthemazingness
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Why are we getting sneak peaks of stuff that was promised to be released over 3 months ago?

Considering the current speed of things, and there being absolutely zero updated, nobody is going to enjoy that stuff any time soon...
    lefreut
    edited March 2019
    then the console edition comes with the new patch?

jyph4flmxbt2.png
    9j2nfp07yxa4.png
    t3zffunf67k5.png
    xnscmjlig6bx.png

Post edited by anastiel on
    edited April 2019
    byrne20Vonbek777Aerakar
    PNfPDfj.jpg
    I liked this
    Aerakarbyrne20iankirts
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    “Apparently the team at Beamdog had to go and squash a huge amount of pathfinding issues in the game to get this working”

I'm holding my breath for pc 2.5 ... just don't let me suffocate ...
    Timbo0o0o0
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    “Apparently the team at Beamdog had to go and squash a huge amount of pathfinding issues in the game to get this working”

I'm holding my breath for pc 2.5 ... just don't let me suffocate ...

2.6 will not have any pathfinding improvement :|
    RaduzielTimbo0o0o0