Skip to content

Under Pressure

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrjoluvNeverusedlolienJuliusBorisovMantis37GusindaBelgarathMTHStefanOelminsterIseweinmonico

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I wish you good luck - playing your own mods is always a weird experience.

I made a full IWD run with the I Hate Undead crew and when I finished my first thought was: well, this is bad and I need to revamp this garbage ASAP. And version 3.0+ was born (thank God!).

So far the same didn't happen with DoF (except for a kit or two), so you're probably safe with TnB and SoB. lol
    semiticgoddesslolienJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    JuliusBorisovloliensemiticgoddessmonico
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    @subtledoctor
    Your plan was to take a modding hiatus and actually play the game instead. I think you should stick to that plan.

Your mods can wait. They are enjoyable as they are - very minor bugs aside.

We will look forward to hear about your exploits on the sword , and be thankful for what you have already given the community.
    BR
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddesslolien
    StummvonBordwehr
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    Could you link the Cantrip mods? Did not see them before. Though unlimited level 1 spells sounds like it would be quite overpowered?
    edited April 2019
    edited April 2019
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovGusindalolien
    edited April 2019
    GusindaMantis37StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Are those extra Nashkel Mines spiders on Insane mode mod-introduced? I've never heard of the unmodded game introducing new critters on higher difficulty levels outside of SoD.
    lolien
    StummvonBordwehrsemiticgoddessMantis37lolien
    NeverusedEnialusMeliamneStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Aghhh, you're taking Minsc into ToB with your SoB changes? Even in BG1 I feel heavily gimped by his ridiculously low mental stats, especially his Wisdom tanking his experience by, what was it, 15%? All his saves have negative penalties ranging from -1 to -2. You're a braver man than I am.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Yeah, I like the stat bonus overhaul but the luck penalties for low charisma can be killer as well- less than 9 CHA is a big negative. I forgot them when I first tried the Korax npc mod and he didn't do well with -3 luck at level 1!
    semiticgoddess
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Are those extra Nashkel Mines spiders on Insane mode mod-introduced? I've never heard of the unmodded game introducing new critters on higher difficulty levels outside of SoD.

Hmm... I suppose it must be. I have this installed:
    ~NTOTSC/NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Fighting Encounters: 3.0.0

I can't find a readme for NTotSC, so I don't really know. But it's possible. I also have SCS installed, but that's not really an SCS-style change. I think NTotSC might also be what adds the two archers to the Amazon group. (Btw why do people call them them "the Amazon group?" Just because it's all-women? Might need to amend my terminology, there...) I was also seeing roughly double the number of kobolds in the Nashkel mines:
    ll2yiktjtal5.jpg
    Though that wasn't a big deal. The two ogrillons by the dead husband south of Beregost turned into 3-4 ogrillons plus an actual ogre... those are basically the only differences I've seen so far. A number of maps have no changes at all.

The kobolds are mine, I don’t think anything else is (the spiders and ‘amazons’ certainly aren’t.)

StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    The sword I'm carrying, the Harrower, is one. I think it comes from Item Revisions: it is a long sword +1, that does +3 damage against undead.

It's added by Enhanced Edition itself, like that +1 CON buckler.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @subtledoctor: I'd assume that SCS v32's new level zero NPC component would let you fix all of them up at appropriate levels.

About Reflected Image: if +1 luck means that you have a 100% chance of having the image get hit before your character does, doesn't that mean the Cloak of Mirroring from Item Revisions could make you completely immune to physical attacks? Last I checked, the cloak in IR grants Reflected Image upon getting hit (not upon taking damage, but getting hit), and that particular trigger applies even if the character's Mirror Images are hit, just like Fire Shield.

If that does hold true, then a Luck spell from Spell Revisions would grant 50 rounds of immunity to physical attacks.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I recommend to use the console and give Jaheira or any similar NPC the XP they need to match your main character.

BG is from those times when companions didn't get XP when they were not in the party. DA:O fixed that for the first time, I think (at least, among popular party RPGs).
    BelgarathMTH
    edited May 2019
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Hi @subtledoctor
    I would also love to see the console for iOS users..... (well that one is mostly for Julius B).

But regarding the savegame: on my iPhone I can
    1) Press the quicksave button and hold the tap for 5-10 seconds (a so called “long tap”),
    2) A menu appears allowing an export of the savegame - to dropbox for instance
    xhzn8e67d5b3.png
    Is that helpful, or did I misunderstand the issue?
    StummvonBordwehr