Skip to content

[MOD] Neh'taniel NPC for BG2/BG2 EE

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited December 2018
    This is a WeiDU-generated error message. If I'd guess, you're trying to uninstall or reinstall a mod component with an outdated WeiDU installer, and in the course of the installation process one or more other mods have to be reinstalled as well. Since these mods were installed with a more recent WeiDU installer, the uninstall information are incompatible with the older installer.

You might want to ask in the WeiDU forums to get a more definite answer though.
    LavaDelVortelsaber0
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    edited December 2018
    @argent77 - So it's not a problem with the any of the mentioned mods, do I get it right?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    That's correct. It's an issue with different WeiDU versions used for installing the mods.
    LavaDelVortel
    Ok, thank you!
  • KitannaKitanna Member Posts: 58
    It sounds to me now like a problem my testers would have when installing updates from me.
    I don't know if this is revelent to his case or not but Berelinde said this...

Every time you install a mod, WeiDU creates backup file for your installation. It's compressed, and it contains all the relevant information necessary to uninstall your mod and make the installation like the mod was never there. So, what happens when you install a mod without uninstalling first, or reinstall a mod that's buried beneath several other mods in your log? Well, there could be data corruption. First, you can get data corruption any time data compression or decompression occurs. Second, mods later in the installation all have to be decompressed and instaled, too, so data corruption can occur there, as well. Also, if you've deleted the mod folder without uninstalling the mod first, you've just blown away all those backup files, so you're corrupting the scripts and dialogues on your own.

There are steps you can take to prevent this from happening. When I'm going to alter a mod that isn't dead last in my installation, I print out my weidu.log and uninstall the last mod on the list first. I work backward, uninstalling each mod one at a time until I've reached the mod that's out in the new version. After that, I uninstall the mod that's out in the new version and delete all files related to that mod. That prevents changes in file structure from interfering with installation of the next version.

With no Neh'taniel in my weidu.log, I'd download the new archive, extract it, and install it. After that was done, I would reinstall every mod after that in my weidu.log one at a time, being very careful to get the order exactly right.
    saber0
    Did you get it working @saber0 ? And @Arthas I just bought EE and Dragonspear so yes, I will release Calin and Navarra.
    BrokenkatanaGusindasaber0Fina92
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @kitanna yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

<3
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    still trying to unistall first version so I can install new one @Kitanna
    you can't uninstall it? I'm afraid I don't understand.
    trying to uninstall keeps saying error unable to uninstall
    edited January 2019
    then it must be uninstalled. so delete Neh'taniel folder and try installing the new version.
    i get this
    Parse error (state 1359) at ~~

[A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/SETUP-A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 46 column 1-103
    Near Text: ~NearLocation(Myself,0,0,0) NearSavedLocation(Myself,"x",0)~
    GLR parse error

[A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/SETUP-A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2] ERROR at line 46 column 1-103
    Near Text: ~NearLocation(Myself,0,0,0) NearSavedLocation(Myself,"x",0)~
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/SETUP-A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: This Mod is too old (or too new) to uninstall that component for you.
    Upgrade to the newest versions of this mod and that one and try again.
    [Parsing.Parse_error]
    ERROR: Failure("uninstallation error")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-NEHTANIEL.DEBUG to Kitannadk@yahoo.com
    Using Language [English]
    edited January 2019
    That isn't from neht, that is from another mod I don't know what a7-totlm is but i assume its a different mod. you need to uninstall that, then install Neht. if that doesn't work, you need to do a clean install and try it without installing that other mod
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Saber0, @Kitanna - 'A7-TOTLM-BG2EE' is Trials of the Luremaster for BG2EE. Make sure you check that you have the latest WeiDU and it has relicated across all the mods (all the setup-modname.exe should be the same size). I think it is v24600; at least that is the latest I have.

Gus
    saber0
    Ah I see, thank you. Neht has the latest weidu so, because I don't play on Mac or know how to make Neht compatible for Mac.. I'm at a loss as to how to help.
    saber0
    edited January 2019
    that worked. Thanks @Gusinda and @Kitanna
    Gusinda
    edited January 2019
    removed
    Post edited by Kitanna on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Unfortunately, Neh't from this version also crashes my BGII game. I do not trust it anymore, though, as I am experiencing more crashes in all my original BGII installs than normal. Can anyone confirm?
    edited January 2019
    changing the cre's still crashes? That's right, I remember now, I am sorry. As soon as you try to go to the area where Neht is, it crashes for me too. Same thing with Calin. As soon as I try to go to his home, it crashes. I don't know how to fix it, I have no experience with areas.
    edited January 2019
    Use this version for BG2 @Jastey, I use it myself http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=62 over at Mystra

or, for links to my mods go here.... https://sites.google.com/view/kitannas-corner/home
    All updates will be posted there.
    6.3 is uploaded problem with Neht crashing old Bg2 is fixed. thx to Aionz
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited January 2019
    Great!
    I just noticed: the portraits from Rabain (with some very minor editing by Amazor'dra, Alt2) are too big to be shown correctly in the game on the normal view on the right and also in the inventory screen. (In original BGII)
    I will fix that and thank you!
    Fixed!
    edited January 2019
    Neh'taniel 6.5 has been released.  I finished the read to pc talks, added talks if Dorn or hexxat join the party.  The link is on my website.  

LavaDelVortelGusindaFina92
    It may be a good idea to update the package on the first post ;) or delete the file and leave the link there :) Or actually both!
  • parmenides14parmenides14 Member Posts: 11
    I think I found an issue with Neh'taniel's interaction with Hexxat.  I had cleared Dragomir's tomb and returned to the Copper Coronet with Hexxat, and then dropped her to make room for another party member.

Later when I picked up Neh'taniel, he complained about Hexxat and eventually left the party even though Hexxat was still sitting back in the Copper Coronet where I had left her.  In SK#Nehtb.baf, it's checking for the global "ohh_plot" to decide whether to complain about Hexxat, and doesn't check whether Hexxat is actually in the party.

There was an easy workaround - I simply used the console to set ohh_plot to 0 and he stuck around.

Other than that, Neh'taniel is working well and I'm enjoying the content!  Thanks for this great mod!
    edited February 2019
    Thank you for letting me know. I will fix that asap. Glad you like him :)

Fixed and uploaded :smiley:
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Hello,
    any chance for an EET version?

Regards
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i think you should include where he is.

it took me reading a post on the g3 forum to know where he is and it's not the easiest place to guess.