Skip to content

Misheard quotes!

12346»

Comments

• shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    It's not BG or game related, but..
    I was driving and just had the radio on in the background, I could've sworn the commercial said "...fifty percent off! You must be high or something!"(this is Colorado after all). Later I listened closer and clearly heard "...hiding something!"
    gorgonzola
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I just noticed the male priest Conjuration casting chant sounds like:
    Nunchuck chuck nunchuck chuck there there there there!
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    When I first heard the phrase "YOLO" in real life, I thought it reminded me of an old quote:

Jan: I think we make a fine partnership! Like Drizzt and Wolfgar! Elminster and Yolo!
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    "Go for the Ice Boots - Go for the Ice TUUUUUSK!"
    ThacoBellshabadoo
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    Today whilst I was playing BG, my sister overheard and thought she heard Imoen saying "I am god" :D . Well, she certainly has PART of a god in here at least...
    Balrog99
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2023
    Tresset wrote: »
    @BelgarathMTH Oh, I know it wouldn't sexual were it actually "eyes" he were saying. However I looked up the string in NearInfinity and it is indeed "arse" that this guy is saying (as it is in the screenshot). I am not sure what this would mean; being raised Catholic I am not familiar with most dirty talk...
    66ed986d424e3c3f3ec0ccf4c6a436.jpg

Nah there is no allure to any sexual things in this quote. This quote just means the wife is pain in the neck - too bothersome for him to handle. She nags a hell out of this guy.
  • The_Baffled_KingThe_Baffled_King Member Posts: 147
    "Easy as goblin pie" (male Icewind Dale party NPC voice set that sounds like it's meant to be for a Dwarf).

I heard this as "easy as gobbling pie". In fact, I think there's a fairly good chance that the voice actor was told to say this, only for the team compiling text for Dialog.tlk to mishear the voice line and transcribe it as "easy as goblin pie".

I mean... what is goblin pie? Does it even exist in a Forgotten Realms context? The closest thing I can find is Goblin Pudding (in the real world, not the Forgotten Realms), this being a low quality pie-shaped meat and gravy meal that's cooked in the metal or plastic packaging it comes in. I doubt that is the intended reference, what with it being somewhat esoteric, lacking a link to the setting, and not even being referenced correctly.

So, unless anyone can convince me otherwise, “easy as goblin pie” is an instance of the game’s makers mishearing a voice line and transcribing the misheard version!