Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• CyberknightCyberknight Member Posts: 1
    Is anybody else having a problem with the portrait pack hak? I'm trying to get past a door that requires talking to a portrait that doesn't' show up. Is there a way I can force the door open with console commands?
    Thanks.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    For those of you who, like me, have an interest in or own the Aielund Saga book series by @Savant1974, he recently published a prequel to the saga, with the title of Soldiers of Winter. According to Amazon, it is available via Kindle as well as via paperback.

Of course, this made me wonder, is a new module on the horizon too? Either way, I think I'm going to have to re-install NWN for another Aielund run.
    Savant1974WarChiefZeke
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    It was a pleasant surprise, getting an email from Amazon this morning saying another Aielund book was available. Looking forward to reading it later this week. Good luck with the tabletop game!
    Savant1974WarChiefZeke
  • SerpentCoilSerpentCoil Member Posts: 8
    I'm having a problem with the Act IV - The Fall of Aielund (Part Two) module not loading. It just crashes when trying to load the transition from Part One to Part Two. I have all the hakpacks and other requirements.

I tried even the earlier versions of that module which I could find but the same crash on loading remains.
    I did not have any problems in the previous modules of the saga.
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    I'm not sure why that's happening, though I do recall there was a problem with this in the past. Sorry, I don't have a fix for you :(
  • MorwinyonMorwinyon Member Posts: 4
    @SerpentCoil
    Morwinyon wrote: »
    If anyone else is having trouble with Act 4 Part 2 v3.10, v3.08 works fine for me. The file is still available in the Vault if you copy the download link for v3.10 and change its version number.
    I tried the v3.08 from the Vault, I also tried v3.06 and still the problem persisted. This time though with those versions there was an error when the crash happened that said the module file could be corrupt.

I have tried downloading all the module files again but the result has been the same.

I have enjoyed the Aielund Saga very much until this point, alas I may not be able to ever see it to the end.
    Okay that is super weird as 3.06 definitely didn't have that issue, and I know recall that I addressed the problem with 3.10 a while ago. There is a 3.11 version on the vault that I believe works properly.
    AndarianNotabarbiegirl
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited April 2019
    I don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue or if it's been brought up already in this thread, but various items' properties in Chapter 1 do not match the descriptions. For example, the female gender only items/garments can be equipped by males without issue (with some amusing results).
    A less minor issue is that weapons like katanas which are tweaked in Aielund with custom base properties (1-8 base dmg, 18-20 crit range) function like default bioware versions. Interestingly enough the ingame description shows descriptions for both versions. I'm guessing this was an unintentional revert when the module(s) received the recent updates; can someone confirm this?
  • indianamathsmanindianamathsman Member Posts: 3
    I tried the v3.08 from the Vault, I also tried v3.06 and still the problem persisted. This time though with those versions there was an error when the crash happened that said the module file could be corrupt.

I have tried downloading all the module files again but the result has been the same.

I have enjoyed the Aielund Saga very much until this point, alas I may not be able to ever see it to the end.

Alas, I've hit exactly the same problem and tried exactly the same fixes to no avail.
    ... and tried v3.11 too

No luck.
    Had an epiphany in the early hours of the morning ...

I'd downloaded directly from vault as subscriptions from Steam get lost.

My fix: subscribed to Aielund saga on Steam with all necessary extras and then transferred them directly to override/hak/module folders in NWN directory.

Worked immediately.
    Savant1974
    Weird, since they should be the sane files! Clever fix :)
    Another question that I'm wondering is a bug (besides the katana property issue):
    chapter 1, is the mayor supposed to allow you to head east/after the barbarians even though the poachers haven't been dealt with? The result of following that order of events results in missing a significant chunk of the content (poachers/rangers areas, etc) since you're pretty much on the clock after returning to town after dealing with the barbarians, hot on the heels of the VIP.
    Yes it's entirely possible to head east before doing all of that. It goes by character level, not a particular sequence of events (the character level used to be set too high, and groups of lots of players didn't get someone of sufficient level to actually trigger the next stage of the game).
    edited April 2019
    Interesting; in that case it's best to avoid talking to the mayor until the poachers are taken care of, so as to not miss out on a good chunk of content.

Any ideas on what's going on with the katanas? If you didn't see my previous post they're defaulting to vanilla bioware properties (1d10 base dmd, crit on 19-20). Also, are the clothes marked as restricted to gender x no longer supposed to be restricted?
    Yes I saw that, I've had a really busy week so haven't had a chance to look at it. I will say that it's very strange that it's reverting. No idea at this stage.
    Had an epiphany in the early hours of the morning ...

I'd downloaded directly from vault as subscriptions from Steam get lost.

My fix: subscribed to Aielund saga on Steam with all necessary extras and then transferred them directly to override/hak/module folders in NWN directory.

Worked immediately.

Good that some fix has been found.
    Though it doesn't help me because I don't have the Steam NWNEE.
    Here's the nwn:ee version I put on steam. I just checked both versions and they seem to work okay for me, so I've no idea what's causing this occasional issue. Hopefully this works for you :smile:
  • greentoiletgreentoilet Member Posts: 15
    there's no ingame map right? or am I doing it wrong
    as far as I know, that's not a feature nwn:ee has at this time. I'd love for the team to add one though :)

Any ideas on what's going on with the katanas? If you didn't see my previous post they're defaulting to vanilla bioware properties (1d10 base dmd, crit on 19-20).

Also, are the clothes marked as restricted to gender x no longer supposed to be restricted?

I've seen the post but I've no idea why it's happening, and I'm too busy to go sleuthing. I don't think the CEP clothes were ever really gender restricted, it was more of a guideline than a hard enforcement :)
    (looked for spoiler tags but this forum doesn't have them?)

Contrary to a post earlier in this thread before I was a very big fan of the gear/gold reset.

I had so much money and enchanted gear I didn't even bother looting anything anymore except the bossrooms. Now i'm back in the game scavenging the cost effective items rebuilding the squad.

Andarian
    The narrator at the very end made me chuckle it came out of nowhere. :D
    This was the first module I've played and I'm quite happy with it. It's better than the original campaigns.

One tiny thing I'd mention that might be risky for some players.
    At the very end of ACT 4 part 2 you're supposed to talk with Terinus to start part 3.
    If at that point you leave the palace again instead of talking to him the palace door will lock and become invulnerable to bash. Careful with those saves.
    AerakarSavant1974
    Heh, that's my 2007 voice, I'm a bit more gravelly now :)
    Glad you enjoyed it, it's holding up well over the years.

I can fix that little bug with the door, an oversight :)
  • theyonkstheyonks Member Posts: 5
    Savant1974, just getting back into NWN with the release of EE and can't believe how much fun this still is. Looking forward to playing Aeilund (again) and thought about introducing NWN to my daughter using this instead of the OC. Would it be a good module to play with 2, multiplayer?
    Savant1974
    Absolutely, the OC can leave a bad first impression, and aielund works really well with multiple players :)
    theyonks
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i personally like the suggestion of skipping the oc and starting with one of the expansion packs first. darkness over daggerford is becoming a nice starting point as well.
    Savant1974ithildurnew