Skip to content

RP: Winter's Valley-Chapter 1

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited May 2019
    “You want a say, eh?” growls the king, mocking Kem’s accent. “Lower taxes?? The taxes that keep you fed? That keep you clothed and protected? The taxes without which you would die??

Kem stands firm in his place. “All I know, kingy, is that you ain’t being truthful with us, nay, not at all,” says Kem. “Your castle is adorned with riches while your subjects sink in the mud! By Winter’s Fury, even yer horse eats better than the best o’ us!”

And with that, the horse gives a loud, frightened neigh and a huge gallop, heading straight for its master.
    ashafetovRik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Colden stands idle, contemplating at the scene which is unfolding in front of him. On the one hand, he believe in the King and the just rule of taxing and conscription, on the other hand he understands Kem's and the rests irritation and frustration of having to pay and receive so little in tangible returns.. He chooses to not act in this situation of chaos and law and instead moves quickly to the King's side and help him get up on his feet.

"Are you allright, my King?"
    lolienRik_Kirtaniyamashedtatersashafetov
    Colden's mind race and he tries to make a quick assessment on the impact on the Crown's revenues from this reduced tax. Oh my, it will be substantial..

Colden, moves closer to Lagrord as well and looks at him with a puzzled face, as in "what is happening?".
    Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBellashafetovmashedtaters
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    edited May 2019
    Nareth frowns at the soldiers, who vigorously express their approval for the King.

" Silence, ye morons! .. Or since tonight your families will receive a 30% off from taxes for ye severed heads! " - he is trying to hide his astonishment behind the sergeant's rude speeches.

He, however, still fails it badly, as the soldiers continue to discuss the King’s decision in a whisper.
    Post edited by ashafetov on
    Rik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBellSkatan
    edited May 2019
    "My King, you know I trust more in my learning than in intuition, but I agree with your plan. It's a sound plan and we will all help you execute it, to the letter. And if new information comes to us in the future it would be my honor to help you decide on the next and best action to take. " Colden bows his head ever so slightly as a sign of respect.

Colden isn't completely sure about the plan, but he knows the King well enough to know he needs to praise it. Only by staying in Corak's good favor can he continue to try and gently nudge and guide the King towards the greater good.
    ashafetovRik_KirtaniyamashedtatersThacoBell
    "Hello Garta. It's a pleasure to meet you. " Colden tilts his head ever so briefly as a courteous greeting to the powerful woman.

"We have our mission, I expect you have the details already? We need to prepare for departure and would greatly appreciate your expertise in deciding what we should bring. We need to be agile, quick and unencumbered, yet prepared for any situation we might encounter. Clothes, armor, weapons, food and rations, maps, ink, paper, more ink and paper, scrolls, gloves, boots, cloaks, hats, packs, bags, ale, bread, dried jerky, spicy wine.. Ahem, I might have got carried away there. " Colden looks a little embarrassed, but he is getting a little hungry. Mm.. bread, roasted beef, melted butter and a strong ale! Yes, that's what he needs now after all this commotion. "That was just some suggestions.. I am open for your expertly advice in the matter."
    lolienashafetovThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    "Expertly said!" Colden says with emphasis. "Me and Laggie here", Colden nods towards Lagrord, ".. will go back to our quarters and dress for the occasion, as well as bring any supplies we find. Do you want to accompany us or should we meet up when we are ready to leave?"
    lolienashafetovThacoBellRik_Kirtaniya
    edited May 2019
    edit; please disregard this post if you read it. I will provide you with weight rules later.
    ashafetovRik_Kirtaniyalolien
  • ashafetovashafetov Member Posts: 231
    edited May 2019
    Nareth thinks over the Sus'Ann's words.
    " Yeah, this is likely... Highly likely. "

He gets up and tries not to interfere with the priestess in order to do her job, asking nonetheless furtively:

M'Lady Sus'Ann, ya have already offered aid for wounded, don't ya? With such talents on the battlefield ya will would be irreplaceable. ” - he is habitually scraping his beard, two soldiers put their capes under the wounded horse. One holds its head trying to help the priestess.

Nareth calmly continues the conversation further: " Our humble party needs a good priest for the King's quest. Please forgive me, M'Lady, for being rude. I understand that this is not the right moment, but if ya want to discuss it later - let me know. I wouldn't want the High Priest to appoint us an inexperienced green acolyte, who would just die outside his mother's robes... But, as said, these are just our problems... And the problems of the King, I say... " - his voice's tone express the badly hidden hope.
    Post edited by ashafetov on
    ThacoBellmashedtatersRik_Kirtaniyalolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Lagrord turns to Colden on the walk back

"Did you have to call me 'Laggie' in front of the humans? Its hard enough to get respect around here."
    Despite his complaint, there is a faint smirk on Lagrord's face.
    @mashedtaters How will getting supplies work? Would my character even be acknowledged by merchants?
    ashafetovRik_Kirtaniyamashedtaterslolien
    I am currently working out how supplies equipment will work.i will get back to everyone shortly. Continue to role play as you all see fit.
    ashafetovRik_KirtaniyaThacoBelllolien