Skip to content

[solved] Need help with adding a spell/item to the game

Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
edited May 2019 in General Modding
Thinking about my next playthrough I had the idea that it might be funny if the protagonist had the ability to conjure up an energy blade of sorts. But I got stuck on a pretty early stage of planning, because I cannot get the spell to appear in-game.
For now, I copied BBoD, changed the filename, moved it to the override folder, set it from Wizard to Innate and used Shadowkeeper to add it to a character with 3 casts/day for testing purposes. But as I loaded up the save, I could not find the spell in the innate tab. Sleeping did not help either.

What reasons could there be for spells to not appear? What could I try out?

[I am pretty sure it is unrelated to the problem, but I also already made a copy of the associated item and linked my new spell to the new item]
Post edited by Humanoid_Taifun on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Humanoid_Taifun, it could be possible that you have a 0 for you innate spells memorisation. If you go to the 'Memorization' tab of EEKeeper, see what figure is beside 'Innate', it would need to be 1 or more for the spell to show.

If that doesn't work, would you be able to upload your saved game?

Gus
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    As I said, I have set it to 3 casts per day. This is not my first time adding an innate ability to a character.

I do not think just a saved game help you much since all the file contains is a reference to a spell that does not exist in your game. It is absolutely impossible for you to find that spell if you do not have it. So here is both.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    You have the spell's ability location set to "Spell (2)", not "Ability (4)". It will show up in the Select Spell menu, not the Special Abilities menu.
    Where can I find the "spell location"? All I can see is Spell Type, which I have set to Innate (4).
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Humanoid_Taifun, if you open your spell with NI, then open the Spell Ability 0 (Type: Melee), you will find Ability location is set to 'Spell'.

Gus
    Thank you. That did the job.