Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Has anyone done a no-reload run where you play yourself through the series? Estimate what your stats would be, then see what classes you would qualify for, and only then choose a race and class.

You would have to estimate your stats, though some would be easier than others. I think there are a couple of ways of going about it, though. You could simply guesstimate, and choose numbers that feel right to you, though this would be the least accurate. The second way would be to map the 3d6 roll percentile onto your own statistic relative to the population. So an 18 would be less than .5% chance on the roll, so if you're in the .5 percentile of a stat, you could give yourself an 18. A 10.5 would be average, so if you're completely average at something, you would have a 10 or 11.

The final result of your stats would likely be a mix of the two approaches, unless you can come up with a way of quantifying wisdom or charisma.

Using myself as an example, my strength would probably be around average, I'm tall but skinny and I don't work out or anything. Over the whole population, male and female, I'm going to guess and say 12.

Dexterity is a tough one, I am very fast and good at catching things that fall, and I have quick reflexes, but my vision isn't perfect for aiming and such. So I'm going to say above average but nothing amazing, maybe a 14.

Would anyone be interested in this run if I were to continue? Or would anyone else like to do one as well?
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Has anyone done a no-reload run where you play yourself through the series? Estimate what your stats would be, then see what classes you would qualify for, and only then choose a race and class.

I think there was an attempt on old Bioware forums. I never considered it, I guess I'd be something like this:
    STR 12 (athletic build, but not too much)
    DEX 13 (bit clumsy, but relatively agile)
    CON 12 (176 cm, 74 kg)
    INT 14 (good at math, suck at chemistry)
    WIS 11 (I'm 36, so haven't yet aquired mind-blowing wisdom about life. And I'm rather superficial.)
    CHA 15 (good looking, but people don't usually like me too much since I tend to behave like an idiot, would be 11 but I'm married which makes people think better of me for some reason (+2). Having a kid is another +1. And I'm shaving my head to look totally badass coupled with a 3-day beard so that's yet another +1)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    We took the idol to Sir Walorin and Lord Kevian Chandler. They rewarded me with a Tome that turns a Cleric into a Cleric of Helm. I am wondering if it could be used to turn Tenya away from Umberlee.

Probably work. But looks like being a Waveservant is a big deal for the character, so probably some dialogues will start to make no sense.
  • FlamedanceFlamedance Member Posts: 12
    I wish that I could have the Secret of Bonehill and DSoSC as well, but they will have to wait until the problems are sorted out.

@Wise_Grimwald: I'm running Secrets of Bonehill in Enhanced Edition Trilogy. I'm halfway through the first part of the mod and so far i haven't encountered any problens. What problems are you referring to?

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    edited May 2019
    Flamedance wrote: »
    I wish that I could have the Secret of Bonehill and DSoSC as well, but they will have to wait until the problems are sorted out.

@Wise_Grimwald: I'm running Secrets of Bonehill in Enhanced Edition Trilogy. I'm halfway through the first part of the mod and so far i haven't encountered any problens. What problems are you referring to?

@Flamedance
    Is used to be super buggy in vanilla. I have played it 6-7 times in a a bws or just a bgt install. I have yet to finish the first part because of bugs, and had to clua console my way back to the main campaign.

I am an a iOS platform now and cant access the clua console. therefore abstain from using it. Sadly because I really love it.

If they ever made a ee compliant and bug free version of it, I will be sure to use it - so please give us a hint in this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71666/secret-of-bonehill-help
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,852
    edited May 2019

I am referring to those which I have mentioned in the thread referenced above.

Journal of Faith the Fair

As requested by Tenya I went insearch of someone who could teach her how to use her bowl. That person was Lethe who attacked us. However by so doing she inadvertently showed Tenya what she needed to know and Lethe died shortly afterwards. Since we were there we investigated the area and I ended up fighting Meilum followed by the Mighty Khark. My Inquisitor abilities made the battle with Khark much easier than usual. :)

I then went to Durlags Tower and completed everything up until the pressing of the wine other than fighting the ghost which isn't worth the effort.

I am now about to return to the Section HQ in Beregost.
  • FlamedanceFlamedance Member Posts: 12

@Flamedance
    Is used to be super buggy in vanilla. I have played it 6-7 times in a a bws or just a bgt install. I have yet to finish the first part because of bugs, and had to clua console my way back to the main campaign.

I am an a iOS platform now and cant access the clua console. therefore abstain from using it. Sadly because I really love it.

If they ever made a ee compliant and bug free version of it, I will be sure to use it - so please give us a hint in this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71666/secret-of-bonehill-help

Yes, it's super buggy, especially the second part. If you think the first part is buggy, trust me: you ain't seen nothing yet.

I've given a few hints in the thread mentioned above. I may write a walkthrough, if people are interested.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Flashburn: Where's that Shadow Chimera from? The Shadow Magic mod?