Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    CrevsDaak wrote: »
    Then the mage decided to waste a round of her precious buffs by casting Breach on Jaheira? I'm kinda mad I made this install just a month before v32 got released, otherwise enemies wouldn't do stuff like this I believe.

Don’t bet on it, I’m afraid. It’s amazingly hard (at least within the confines of IE scripting) to work out how to prioritise renewing defenses vs debuffing vs doing damage. V32 is probably a slight improvement but the underlying problem is still there.
    CharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Hey folks, looks like I might have to abandon my Dispenser run. I think I goofed up trying to clean up some unnecessary program installs.

After taking a break to finish my semester, I'd hoped to pick up with the Cloakwood Druids the other night (that's where I left off last).

Anyway, when I opened the game noticed two things.

1) None of the NPCs I installed, i.e., Sirine, Isra and Valerie, have portraits anymore. I might have uninstalled software that was supporting that. In addition, it appears my overall game graphics are diminished.

2) None of my installed NPCs have voice tracks now, i.e., they don't respond when selected.

Everything else is as it was, levels, inventory, etc. I even had them cast spells, etc. and everything works fine.

As usual, I probably goofed myself up and I know you guys and gals always bail me out. I hate to end this run, so if you can help me that would be fantastic.

Thanks, CT
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Corey_Russell @Gate70 @Grond0 Congratulations :)
    Grond0Corey_RussellCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2019
    I had a restless solo run in progress with a dwarven Fighter/Thief when my character got fatigued. Normally you can stave off non-Haste-related fatigue indefinitely by saving and loading the game, which resets the timer. However, apparently there's a substantial travel time between speaking with Teven and fighting Tazok, and even 20 Constitution can't fend that off indefinitely. We got fatigued right after fleeing the main tent in the bandit camp. A character can probably survive with one or two points of negative luck and beat Melissan, but that's a lot of whining to put up with for the rest of the way, and I don't want to use a plot-induced rest (like the forced rest at Garren Windspear's house) to cure the fatigue for purism reasons. So, that run is gone, and I'm not willing to start over.

The game is very hard on my hands, so I have little patience for runs that go poorly these days. I'm not willing to restart runs to get a win like I used to.
    Grond0StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Siercal has left Sarevok pincushioned full of arrows, heading straight for Baldur's Gate after going through Candlekeep. In all honesty I was in a hurry to get the run over with and played slightly carelessly, which was a little bit of a pity as the final battle seemed slightly more interesting than before. I'm not the biggest fan of PfMW in BG1 when Breach is unavailable though, especially when the result is Sarevok becoming the main target :). (Can install Angelo in BG2 again though!) Drake was unfortunately immolated by a surprise 20D6 fireball from a mod added skeleton battle in the Undercity, so Yeslick came in for the final battle. Other sticky moments included me not noticing a dialogue option added by Romantic Encounters which left Siercal (who'd fluffed learning Stoneskin...) in a small room with Slythe and Krystin talking kinky... but somehow we got through everything. No pics for now as my tablet has one or two connection problems, if they get sorted then it's on to SoD on Android for the first time, assuming mods etc. get installed OK.
    StummvonBordwehrGrond0CrevsDaakEnuhal
    There are many times that I have realised that I have made a bad life choice, both in RL and BG. In both cases, I live with the consequences of those choices. You do have another option in BG however. You can just start another run, an option that you don't have in RL.
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaakAerakarlolien
    I don't think that anyone was telling you. "That's what you MUST do." The choice is always yours, so long as you are up front about what you are doing. It isn't a competition. The game is supposed to be fun, not something to brag about. Whenever I find that the game is getting easy, I find some way of making it harder.
    CrevsDaaksemiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrAerakar
    edited June 2019
    Journal of Faith the Fair

I re-installed CD Tweaks before starting SoD as I realised that there were potential problems with the set-up that I had, and that between games was probably the safest time to do that.

The prologue to SoD was very straightforward. However I have now lost two companions, both Drake and Xan. That is tragic as I was getting quite fond of both of them in a non-romantic way. I think that Drake may turn up later. I'll have to wait and see. At least I know the sort of places to go looking. :D

I cane across a minor bug when Imoen was poisoned. The peson who was supposed to speak to me didn't turn up. Probably because I was in the next room. I was stuck there, unable to go downstairs.

I played it again and it played correctly. This time I was given a staff through which I can cast "Friends." I haven't been given that before. It will be useful when I go shopping as I will be able to reach a charisma of 25. :)

Various people have offered to join my party, but none of them was deemed worthy, "My rules are very strict." :D
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    CrevsDaakStummvonBordwehrAerakarlolien