Skip to content

Controversial Opinion: Constitution is a surprisingly good dump stat

13»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited June 2019
    If it can be cast on the grand dukes in the Ducal Palace at Sarevok's coronation, that would be super helpful. I think I tried it once, and there was a saving throw made. Does anyone know if it's been changed to always work on a grand duke?
    But wouldn't it make the dukes hostile?

It does, or at least it did pre 2.5 (I haven't played much on this patch). I tried to use Otiluke's in a solo playthrough some years ago since I had trouble killing all doppels before the dukes were killed. As soon as it wears off, they turn hostile and it's game over.

Edit: Found the thread where I discuss this, it's from Oct. 2017:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66598/coronation-area-in-a-solo-run-need-advice#latest
    gorgonzolaDreadKhanJuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I have the same experience. It turns the recipient hostile.
    DreadKhanJuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Well, it might piss you off a bit if someone encased you in a nasty magical cage for an extended period, even if it was to save your life!
    PsicoVicgorgonzola
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Casting a spell a someone, even a beneficial one, without their consent is considered an offense. Curative magic seems to be an exception, but even that could be taken the wrong way. Those who know nothing about magic are fearful and superstitious, those who do are are wary and jealous of it.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I believe this *used* to work in the vanilla game, as I am pretty sure I used Otiluke's to get through the Ducal palace ambush. However, it's been a long time since I played the vanilla game, so perhaps my memory is off.

It definitely doesn't work in the EE's. I tried and it didn't end well.