Skip to content

Under Pressure

2»

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    That is unfortunate... nice work around.

BTW: Saw the lengthy mod list. Are the mods working as planned without bugs? especially NTOTSC?
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    BG is from those times when companions didn't get XP when they were not in the party. DA:O fixed that for the first time, I think (at least, among popular party RPGs).

I'm not sure if you were serious or joking, but I think this is not something that needs fixing. It makes party management less convenient I agree. But considering they just sit around idle waiting for you to come back, there is no reason they should get experience at all. It makes the game more realistic.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @subtledoctor: I'd assume that SCS v32's new level zero NPC component would let you fix all of them up at appropriate levels.

About Reflected Image: if +1 luck means that you have a 100% chance of having the image get hit before your character does, doesn't that mean the Cloak of Mirroring from Item Revisions could make you completely immune to physical attacks? Last I checked, the cloak in IR grants Reflected Image upon getting hit (not upon taking damage, but getting hit), and that particular trigger applies even if the character's Mirror Images are hit, just like Fire Shield.

If that does hold true, then a Luck spell from Spell Revisions would grant 50 rounds of immunity to physical attacks.

I've noticed this about 3 years ago. I was testing in a fight against ToB Sarevok who has Deathbringer attack, so I dropped the difficulty to easiest to avoid instagib.
    Since this difficulty applies a huge Luck bonus to your characters, Cloak of Mirroring makes a character avoid all blows.
    There's a post about it on G3 somewhere....I'm not sure if it works this way with low Luck values.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea that chapter 7 change is not as optimized as I'd like it to be. It largely just restricts your travel in the city and provides flaming fist patrols. I'd be the first to admit though that the scripting situation for it is poor. Particularly for restricting areas. When I publish Eve of War I plan to update it as well.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The fire salamanders in that mod are the exact same fire salamanders you fight in Throne of Bhaal (in Yaga-Shura's temple). That's why they're so tough. They are much stronger than the salamanders in Icewind Dale 1 and Shadows of Amn.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited June 2019
    This is a big missed opportunity for Bioware. This is a really dramatic turning point, and should have been highlighted mechanically. Attacking Rieltar should change your alignment - maybe Good -> Neutral and Neutral -> Evil, or something like that. Or maybe swap out your Cure Light Wounds Bhaalspawn abilities for Larloch's Minor Drain, or something. This really goes to show how much Bioware wanted to leave the role-playing to the player, and avoid dictating the narrative. From a storytelling perspective, it's weak; but from the perspective of how open a D&D computer game should be to the player's personal headcanon, it is ballsy and effective.

To be fair, if killing Rieltar would turn you more evil, then killing just about any other minor character who isn't a bandit or assassin should also turn you more evil. Otherwise, after the PC turns more evil by killing Rieltar, the player might ask why their PC didn't turn more evil after they broke into a house and murdered the inhabitants to get a Helm of Glory, for example.
    edited June 2019
    Hi @subtledoctor
    Nice work arounds for getting the job done.

About the console: there should be a work around on that even for iOS. Havent tested it out yet... but look at this link https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1024218/#Comment_1024218

Its Gusinda who made the find, and notified me and Luke93. Luke93 (being the only computer adept of he and I) did some testing and he has included the find in his manual for iOS modding https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66644/how-to-install-mods-on-ios-devices-no-jailbreak

It may work, and I was going use the console for the chessboard as well - at some point..
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @subtledoctor The Cloudkill issue happens when you "transition" out of a room, as opposed to just walking out through a doorway and closing the door behind you. I first came across it when I was in the Seven Veils and was trying to drop cloudkill on Mencar Pebblecrusher et al in the upstairs room. My mage cast the spell at the group then chugged a potion of invisibililty - all going to plan, the group's taking damage. Then he went back downstairs (well before the spell expired) and the group immediately stopped taking damage.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Note, I did not install the SCS "Enhanced Durlag's Tower" because I've heard about an intermittent bug getting to the chessboard and I cannot use the console to bypass such bugs. So I played through the regular Durlag's Tower, enhanced solely with SCS general AI improvements.
    I'm fairly confident that was fixed as of v31 (and also fixed in v32). If you've had reports from players on v32, I'd appreciate a link.

(That said, I entirely understand why you might decide to play it safe on your recreational playthrough!)

@subtledoctor
    How do you export the savegame?
    It should be done by “long tapping” the quick save button. When longtapping the savegame, the savegame can be exported.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2019
    @subtledoctor

Here's where I put the 'Cheat Console' button (look at the attached screenshot)

As I've already said, it's very handy :) and you can do pretty much everything (e.g., add gold, spawning creatures/items, change the value of a variable, get the value of a variable, etc.) but CRTL–Y, CTRL–Q and the like.