Skip to content

Mod spotlight: Assassinations

inethineth Member Posts: 707
edited November 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
yx1j5pc.png
  • Mod author: Kulyok
  • First published: March 2008
  • Adds content to: BG2 chapter 2 and 6 (Athkatla)

The Assassinations mod adds a single quest-line that starts in chapter 2:

slApGVG.png

You are recruited by an unknown employer as an assassin-for-hire... Whenever you've found and killed your current target, you can return to your handler to get paid and receive the info on your next target.

Characters of all alignments (except for Paladins) can accept this quest-line, and it is possible (albeit a bit tricky) to get pretty far with only killing targets who "deserve" it... though why your Lawful Good character would agree to enter into such a murky contract in the first place, is something that you'll have to come up with your own rationalization for.

If you can, give it a try though, because it's a well-written and fleshed-out mod – there's a bit of detective work involved in finding some targets, each of them has a backstory, complications may arise, and you can even get to know your handler more personally – or turn her in to the authorities.

And while the mod doesn't add any new areas, it sends you to various nooks and crannies of the existing Athkatla outdoors maps that you may have never had a reason to go to before, which I found pretty neat.

To start the quest-line:
  • Talk to Bernard in the Copper Coronet (in the Slums district of Athkatla) – he says that he has received a letter for you.
    (Requires: non-Paladin CHARNAME with a reputation below 17.)
Walkthrough:

uVOp0vb.png

Install normally.
(EE compatible since v10, and EET compatible since v13.)

zyiW9Ib.png
Post edited by ineth on
lefreutCahirStummvonBordwehrLudwig_II[Deleted User]Mantis37IseweinAngulimalaAerakaramberCoffeeCatZaghoulAbel

Comments

• Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    Only played this mod 2 times, but I did enjoy it. It is well written and adds some more fun instead of the same old quests over and over.
    [Deleted User]Aerakar
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    This mod looks interesting, and I'm seeing it for the first time. Thanks for sharing it ineth, I'll definitely try it in my next run.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Thanks for the spotlight(s), @ineth!
    There are quite a few mods from Kulyok at http://www.pocketplane.net and all of Kulyok's (BGII) mods are updated to work with all BGII engines, including native EET compatibility.
    inethAerakar
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Assassinations is really fun and well written. What I love about it is that it provides the roleplaying opportunity for Charname to get in touch with their heritage in a more practical, hand-on manner. You can imagine doing it for the money at first, even trying to keep the innocent targets out of trouble, but ultimately still realising that it's the Taint which really responds to the thrill of Assassinations.
    AngulimalainethAerakar