Skip to content

New premium modules?

How come there hasn't been any news on EE premium modules? NWN: EE has been out a while now, but there still isn't anything new or exciting to play!

Premium modules seem like the perfect way to gradually introduce new HD content to the game. I'm imagining a module like Sunless Citadel with updated tilesets for town, forest and dungeon, with a 10-15$ price tag. Seeing new fancymapped HD screenshots would surely get everyone excited again. Give me something and take my money already. =)

DFDarkWarChiefZeke

Comments

• DFDarkDFDark Member Posts: 32
    Judging by Trent reaction when PM question got asked I would guess they already have something in plans
    WarChiefZeke
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    Hello everyone,
    I can't understand why Beamdog doesn't want to create new premium modules with EE. I would gladly buy new modules for € 15 - € 20 with new adventures for 15-20 hours. Maybe with a new tileset, a couple of new monster models or a prestige class.
    Do any of you know why Beamdog does not go towards this business model?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Night76 wrote: »
    I can't understand why Beamdog doesn't want to create new premium modules with EE.

We haven't said that.
    DerpCity
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    We've gotten some vague hints that something may be in the works, so i'm holding out hope. I'm just waiting for an opportunity to throw money at this game, BD just needs to give me that chance.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    edited June 2019
    An announcement would be nice. The EE has been out for over a year now.

The Aurora toolset is so powerful too. Making new adventures should be a breeze for professional devs. I'd like to buy new stuff more often too. :)

WarChiefZekeDerpCity
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    My guess is that Ossian Studios is working on a new module which will take advantage of the renderer redesign.
    WarChiefZekeDerpCityStummvonBordwehr
  • Night76Night76 Member Posts: 43
    Yes I also can't wait to have new adventures on nwn in the FRs. I played a lot of it and some nice professional module with some interesting news would be ideal. Nothing to say about the modules made by enthusiasts, I played a lot of them and I still play them when they come out. If the developers are the same as the premium module in Daggerford ... I can't wait: D
  • ByTheSwordByTheSword Member Posts: 9
    Neverwinter Nights is the gift that keeps on giving. Making new modules would surely generate a lot of sales for Beamdog.
    AtrophiedericStummvonBordwehr
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    Well they just announced a new premium module and I gotta say.... Mmmmm, new tilesets....aaarrghhhh *drools*
    DerpCity
  • Grizzled_DwarflordGrizzled_Dwarflord Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2019
    Is there a release date for Eye Tyrants of Moonsea?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Is there a release date for Eye Tyrants of Moonsea?
    Not yet.

Also, I really do hope The Blades of Netheril will see its completion this time around. Unlike the other cancelled premium modules that one didn't even managed to get released on the vault.
    Isewein
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    edited August 2019
    I wonder how the renderer mixes with this new release.

The screenshots in the announcement looked like old renderer. Will there be models that make full use of the new tech?

Will the module release only after the renderer patch is final or will these two happen at the same time?

How about the remakes of old models and tilesets? Will those be released with Tyrants?
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    They should really consider crowdfunding for Blades of Netheril.
    megamike15
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Personally I would LOVE to see more modules that complete the stories of Witch's Wake, Kingmaker and Shadowguard, but I suppose copyright and IP issues might make that impossible. :/
    Isewein