Skip to content

Any way to get rid of a ghost Meck safely?

My party is presently doing the Bard stronghold quest (I turned them all on for the PC) and while they were tackling some more of the Watcher's Keep, I suppose it was time to head back to the Five Flagons. Meck shows up outside the keep but he doesn't say anything. He just stands there. However, I know what that means, so the party returns and takes care of the matter.

Except now Meck is STILL standing outside Watcher's Keep scratching his arse. I can't sleep or save in the area because he is. Killing him is out for a variety of reasons (it's evil, would result in massive rep loss, and none in the party would be down for it), but I can't think of any other way to get him to wander back to Athkatla.

Any ideas?

Comments

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I think you could use console commands to get him (as a duplicate) where you need him but I don’t know why it is stopping you resting or saving I’m afraid or how to remove him from that location. Sounds like a pain in the Meck
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    You could activate the console and then just close your eyes and Ctrl-Y (which insta-kills anything under your mouse cursor) Meck. I'm not sure if this would still trigger the rep loss since it's not actually YOU who killed him (similar to how if enemy wizards lob Fireballs into a crowd of commoners their deaths won't trigger any rep loss). His "death" won't stop him from spawning yet another copy of himself when it's time for the Five Flagon's quest to continue.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Ctrl-Y doesn't lead to a rep loss.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I've never gotten Ctrl-Y to work on my tablet even with a BT keyboard, though.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I've never gotten Ctrl-Y to work on my tablet even with a BT keyboard, though.

Try it with @argent77 's mod - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64524/mod-reveal-hidden-gameplay-options-for-all-ee-games-patched-to-v2-0-or-higher/p1
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I'm a bit nervous to do that in the middle of an on-going game, so I'll probably lump it for this play through. I plan on switching up the mods next time anyway, though.

Also, can you really get the SoD style fog effects in BG1 and BG2? That would be awesome, but I figured the original games would have to be coded for it. I thought the atmospheric/ambient effects in SoD were amazing, and I definitely missed them when I started BG2.