Skip to content

[MOD] Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack

jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
edited November 2021 in BG:EE Mods
Jastey's Tweaks for SoD and EET (and BGT)

This tweak pack is mainly meant for the SoD part of BG:EE (except for the 5th component which introduces Imoen's SoD portrait into BGII).
It deals with some tweaks that I found useful for my own game.
Please let me know if you encounter any problems.
From the readme:

1 Ending Independent on PC Replies
2 Do Not Miss NPC-PC Dialogues
3 Skip Korlasz's Dungeon
4 More Dialogue Choices & Prevent Dead Ends
5 Use Imoen's BG1 and SoD Portrait for BGII in EET&BGT
6 Restore scripted Abduction Scene Fight
7 Adjust PC's Starting XP at Beginning of SoD, by subtledoctor
8 SoD Ending: jastey's Tweaks
9 Make Portal Close from Dragonspear Castle (Aun Argent survives always)
10 Hephernaan takes Dragonspear Vault Key

Read the Readme

Visit the Forum
Visit the Modpage
Download from G3
Download from GitHub

Post edited by jastey on
ThacoBellStefanOPermidion_StarkStummvonBordwehrGusindaAstroBryGuyMantis37EekanImpSssiksseilorJuliusBorisovmegamike15ZaghoulMirandelAerakarLavaDelVortelVasculioAaeightRaduzielIseweinelminsterleeuxRavenslightAcifer

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @jastey

Thank you for this. It sounds like a great set of Tweaks. I love the idea of Biff the Understudy offering to clear a dungeon for you (I might have to get Arkanis killed on my next playthrough just so I can experience this). And anything that speeds up the trial at the end has got to be good.

Now if only there was a way of getting Biff the Understudy framed for the murder of Skie so I could skip the end completely . . .
    Grond0
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @jastey
    That's definitely a mod that needs to be made. It could be part of a series where Biff takes over the unpopular parts of the trilogy: Biff does Firewine Bridge, Biff does the Thieves' Maze, Biff does Throne of Bhaal.

I think there's a market for this!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited November 2018
    There was a joke mod once with a name like "Game be Gone" (I think it was by SConrad but that is just a wild guess) which - taDAH - made you skipp the whole game.
    The most hilarious part, though, was the one poor player who literally complained that he got the end screen right after starting the game. (If there is a fitting moment for a "RTFM" smiley it's this, I think.)

--
    Just one comment to the "Skip Korlasz' Dungeon" Tweak: I developped this by no means because it would annoy me so much, but because I needed to skip it quickly for testing purposes (like, several times in a row). From there, it was a small step to make it a useful tweak, along the "Skip Ireniuc Dungeon" tradition.
    The idea with Arkanis taking over the work was from @LavaDelVortel, the code for transferring all the items from the dungeon into a container at the Duchal Palace is from @argent77's "Skip Chateau Ireniucs" mod. Thank you both for the great help!
    Permidion_StarkMirandelJuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited November 2018
    Game-Be-Gone was from @igi. :) However, Sebastian was behind the Worship the Unseeing Eye mod that blinded, then killed, the PC if you agreed to join the cult.
    JuliusBorisovIseweinAcifer
    Ah, right! Thank you for the info and correction @CamDawg!
    Acifer
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Will this work for the 2.6 patch when it comes out. I wanna try it :D
    That question I'll be able to answer then, I'm afraid. Is there any announcement for the patch so far?
    Vasculio
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Nothing at the momment.

The 2.6 patch for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition is moving forward according to plan.
    2.6 will be released along with the Dice, Camera, Action! Voice and Portrait Pack. We’re just finishing up the DCA! portraits, and the community won portraits are on the to-do list. It takes quite a while to make a good quality portrait, and we want to respect the quality of the original games.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks! I'm all for more patches and bug fixes, and we'll see what the 2.6 patch will bring.
    VasculioJuliusBorisovAcifer
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Good job!

A request/question, if I may:

Can you add a component to change the outcome of the Bridgefort battle?

I felt very frustrated when I saw the Flaming Fist charging in instead of letting me deal with the whole camp myself. And today I've discovered that I'm not the only one.

I was able to kill the mages and Barghest on my own, but more than that I had to share my glory with a bunch of NPCs.

Thanks in advance :)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    making khalid immortal during that part would also be helpful. so he does not randomly die during the battle and no one notices until it's to late.
    I only add tweaks I want to have myself, so let's see once I'll come to that part of the game in my current playthrough. :)
    RaduzielAcifer
    jastey wrote: »
    I only add tweaks I want to have myself, so let's see once I'll come to that part of the game in my current playthrough. :)

I hope you get extremely frustrated with this part of the game.

Fingers crossed! <3

Haha
    edited April 2019
    Hey! What can I say, I hope I don't. I understand what you mean, though (I meant I got the joke). :D
    RaduzielAcifer
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Thank you so much for implementing these dialogue tweaks for the notorious rotaters such as myself!
    Acifer
    edited May 2019
    Thank you for the kind words! Which version did you install and does it work as it should (because I never really played a full runthrough with the tweakpack)?
    Acifer
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    I just saw it published and wanted to leave some acknowledgment considering how few active modders are still around! I'm too busy at work these days to embark on another playthrough, but will certainly do so come autumn and am planning to finally use EET then. Sorry for the confusion!
    Ah, no problem! Thank you for your interest in the tweak pack!
    Acifer
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Any news how the latest two tweaks are coming up? No pressure, just being curious. :)
    Thank you for the interest!
    Tweak 7 "Restore scripted Abduction Scene Fight" is finished and waits to be released.
    Tweak 8 "Imoen remains in the Group in Korlasz's Dungeon" got a bit out of hand and went into the mod "Imoen 4 Ever" which will be announced properly shortly (it's already available in English).
    Acifer
    What abduction scene fight?
    @Raduziel I guess it's no spoiler that the party is kidnapped at the end of SoD. There is a complete written scene for this in SoD which is disabled by default. EET enables it (by default), and my tweak will enable it for SoD, too.
    RaduzielAcifer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Acifer
    @subtledoctor The tweakpack is compatible with EET directly, so there is no need to install it to SoD, first?

What exactly was the problem with the EET conversion?
    Acifer
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Acifer
    The mod updates to version 2!
    It also has a home at GitHub now.

Changes:
    -new tweak component added (SoD only): "Restore scripted Abduction Scene Fight"
    -"Skip Korlasz' Dungeon": fixed for EET: Imoen should initiate dialogue if the crypt is cleared (EET uses different DV than SoD for Imoen)
    -"Ending Independent on PC Replies": count points will be counted up only, so the "ducal release ending" will be triggered with precedence.
    RaduzielGusindaAcifer
    @jastey Apparently the Flaming Fist rushing in at the keep's siege was something that didn't bother you as much as it bothers me
    @Raduziel My SoD playthrough is on hold. This update is something I had on my HD for several weeks.
    RaduzielAcifer