Skip to content

[BG:EE] PLEASE READ - LIST OF THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED.

Comments

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    @stygga Yes, the developers did change the system. Since the current values unbalances the game, they have greatly reduced the amount of experience scrolls can give you but did not specify the exact amounts.

It's a shame really. I save up so much gold to spend it all on scrolls to give myself a boost in BGT. :)
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Alright thank you. I really didn't think they'd seriously miss that huge oversight, but I plan on playing a wild mage and didn't want to feel like I was breaking the experience on the off chance it added thousands of xp still like (I think) tutu did. Thanks again, big worry off my mind (big in relation to a video game lol).
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    OP updated:

- Gord Marriott confirmed as Dorn's voice actor;
    - New NPCs' names now point to the relative short stories Dave Gross wrote for them, published on baldursgate.com alongside voice samples.
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    edited September 2012
    edited October 2012
    OP updated:

- Flipbook animation transparency has been pushed post-ship; more details added.
    - New area art to feature full 24 bit tiled rendering post-ship (original area art will remain unaffected).
    edited October 2012
    OP updated with more detail on the zoom in/out feature, as well as the upscaling algorithim (under the high resolution support header).
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @AndreaColombo in the new kit section, might wanna add that the Blackguard is a confirmed Paladin kit.
    @Mornmagor - Done.
    Mornmagor
    I removed the link to mugwort's topic on the new world map from the OP after @Coriander's suggestion that the work thereby depicted is not Beamdog's, and will not be used in BG:EE. I apologize for having provided what turned out to be inaccurate information.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @AndreaColombo
    In your list missing ( at least one ) new race.
    Half-ork was already announced.
    @Edvin - Half-orc comes as part of the "Based on ToB's engine" package, so it's not really a new, BG:EE-exclusive feature.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    @AndreaColombo There is no more discount for BGEE so game bought in pre-order after 18th september is full prized 19.99$ so there is unclear description about it in your post.
    Maybe it'll worth adding info about new manual and tutorial?
    @Grieg - I removed mention of the pre-order; thanks for pointing out.

@SorrowSeer - It has occurred to me as well; I'll confer with the big bosses and see what I can add ;)
    edited October 2012
    @AndreaColombo
    Is possible reveal also list important game changes ?
    Like new reputation system ( I was hear about reworking long time ago ) and that sort of things.
    @Edvin - No new reputation system is currently in place; IIRC, Trent once mentioned they'd be looking into that post-ship. The day they announce it officially, it will also appear on the list :)
    edited October 2012
    The OP has been updated with a new category called "Content Enhancements". There I will list all things that were present in the original game, but have been improved upon in BG:EE. The first two items to populate the list are the new world map (previously listed under the "New Content" header), and the new manual in PDF format.

Are you still here? Go read the OP!
    Risingsun
    It's already in the OP, under "native support for high resolutions".

It's already in the OP, under "native support for high resolutions".

May be some details (thats definitely new) in OP text?
    I'll see what I can do, though my technical knowledge of upscaling algorithm isn't as deep ... perhaps @Zeckul could help?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2012
    @AndreaColombo Hm... somewhere between "Optimised sharp dynamic GLSL-based Catmull-Rom-weighted bicubic scaling filter" and "It looks nice when you zoom."
    Post edited by Zeckul on
    AndreaColombo
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Zeckul said:

@AndreaColombo Hm... somewhere between "Optimised sharp dynamic GLSL-based Catmull-Rom-weighted bicubic scaling filter" and "It looks nice when you zoom."

Seriously??
    Only bicubic??
    Not gigacubic-batastic???.....
    aw crap.... ;-)

• I have a question. Seeing how there will be romance for the three new characters, will that mean that there will be squad dialogue? You know, like in Baldur's Gate 2, where your squad would have conversations with you.
    Thanks in advance. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Yes between the new characters and the group but no dialogues between old characters, so no banter between Jaheira and Khalid, for instance.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It'll still be neat, except for me not having 'room' for more NPC's. The party size (pre-determined) really puts a damper on how much I'll get out of the new charries (zero interest in the blackguard or any blackguard, either)...
    The new clips by Sam Hulick have been added to the OP (and I fixed a bunch of typos/bad punctuation while I was at it).
    I'm starting to worry about "Adventure Y".
    November quickly ending and we still know anything...
    Adventure Y will be a post-ship DLC and won't be out before one month after the release of BG:EE at the very least.
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    This has probably been asked elsewhere, but, I just pre-ordered the game tonight and I'm wondering when we'll be able to download the BG:EE Installer from Beamdog? I'd rather use just the BG:EE Installer and not use the Beamdog client (no offense to Beamdog, I'm sure their client works great). I don't like having very many clients on my system and network if I can avoid it. If I didn't need Steam installed to play some of the games I own (even ones I bought on disk that shouldn't need Steam) I wouldn't have it installed either. It's not a anti-DRM thing or anything like that. It's my own preference for what runs on my system and maximizing resources and security.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who answers about the BG:EE client. I'm scanning threads now seeing if it's been mentioned somewhere (probably has and I'm missing it).