Skip to content

Console Collector's Packs

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited June 2019 in News
Collector’s Packs for the Enhanced Editions of Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale & Neverwinter Nights are now available to pre-order from Skybound Games exclusively for Skybound Insiders!

Public pre-orders open tomorrow!

XB1 PS4 Switch

u2wcq3malmdk.jpg

StummvonBordwehrhook71ShadowMdeltagololien[Deleted User]GusindaSkatanChevalier_NoirDetroitRedWings25Aerakarfetito666zerthan

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    Is this 2.7 version?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Those boxes are sexy. I donno if they are $100 each sexy, but they are sexy
    JuliusBorisov
  • SavnetSinnSavnetSinn Member Posts: 2
    I've been waiting for something like this for years, but I simply don't own consoles and I feel a little disappointed that purchasing one of these products is going to saddle me with a game I can't play. $100 isn't worth it to me for the extra goodies alone. Is a PC option going to be made available at some point?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A similar PC version is not planned.
    SavnetSinn
  • orangejuicyorangejuicy Member Posts: 6
    @JuliusBorisov do you know if the Bhaal medallion will be in metal or not ? Ty ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @JuliusBorisov do you know if the Bhaal medallion will be in metal or not ? Ty ;)

A good question, the one I don't know an answer to at this moment. I've passed it to our partners.
    Thank you, I look forward for your reply then.
    JuliusBorisov
    @orangejuicy Have just got a confirmation: it's metal!
    Wonderful news, thats an immediate pre-order.
    It will reside next to my Bhaal coin from SoD collector's edition and Avernus soul coin :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Wait what?! Why is there not going to be a pc option?
    Xavant
    Collector's Editions are hard to produce. Skybound helps us with these console releases.
    edited June 2019
    Anyway most of us already own a copy of BG on PC, whether GOG, steam, or older versions.
    So its not that important, what really matters is that we can finally get a version which can played differently on big TV screen.

If you are really looking for this edition as a graal like I do, I think it shouldnt upset you more than that.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Anyway most of us already own a copy of BG on PC, whether GOG, steam, or older versions.
    So its not that important, what really matters is that we can finally get a version which can played differently on big TV screen.

If you are really looking for this edition as a graal like I do, I think it shouldnt upset you more than that.

The only EE versions I own are NWN and BG and can already play them on big screen via steam link or just having a big monitor. This would have been awesome it were available on PC as I would have a chance to get all the other EE versions of the games I don't have and a bunch of cool stuff. Not going to shell out $200 just for the goodies that I very much would like to have.
    Xavant
    edited June 2019

The only EE versions I own are NWN and BG and can already play them on big screen via steam link or just having a big monitor. This would have been awesome it were available on PC as I would have a chance to get all the other EE versions of the games I don't have and a bunch of cool stuff. Not going to shell out $200 just for the goodies that I very much would like to have.

Understood.
    But if the missing EE games are mainly what you are looking why don't you just grab them on fanatical for 9.99 USD ?

In my opinion, playing on a big monitor isnt the same experience as playing on a 55" TV screen and the EE console version is adapted specifically to be played with pad (wheel menu).
    JuliusBorisov
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    A similar PC version is not planned.

Booooooooooooo!
    AndreaColomboGloomfrostXavantMERLANCE
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Huh, well Baldur's Gate I and II are good games that I wish more people could play and have played. The console seems like a very accessible place for a new audience. Also money money money (which is not bad as long as there is more development to improve the game saga).
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Man I got to make some games worth playing to make that money money money from all this work with video games. Eh bit by bit.
    edited July 2019
    The information about localizations is now available.

It means BGII:EE and SoD will be available in French! SoD will be available in German!
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    Chevalier_Noir
  • SavnetSinnSavnetSinn Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019

I think you're missing a part of the puzzle. I'm an NWN fanatic: I still have my original boxes for the base game, both expansions and Kingmaker, the diamond edition on GOG, and the EE through Beamdog, Steam, GOG and Android. So yeah, BioWare and Beamdog have been able to rely on me to throw money at anything NWN-related...except for this. I don't feel it's right to pay whatever percentage of $100 constitutes a console version of the game, since that game would be useless to me. Hell, I'd spend $60-70 just to get a box full of merchandise without a game, at this point, and I was fully intending to spend $100+ on a Collector's Edition with another copy of the PC game; at least I can still use it if every digital distro one day shuts down for good or I wind up living on Mars without internet access.

This push toward console adoption is a good and necessary part of Beamdog's plan, and I get it. But it may not compensate for leaving the core PC market sore like this. NWN needs to keep its PC players happy because, well, they're the only ones bringing out new content! God forbid Larian knock it out of the park with a BG3 toolset even on the level of the one they shipped with D:OSII - you'll see a lot of us jumping ship for good.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited July 2019

It means BGII:EE and SoD will be available in French! SoD will be available in German!

Will the other platforms get the french localization for BG2:EE and SoD in a future update?
    lefreut wrote: »

Will the other platforms get the french localization for BG2:EE and SoD in a future update?

Not ready to talk about that at this moment.
  • FouintoFouinto Member Posts: 22
    [...]It means BGII:EE and SoD will be available in French! SoD will be available in German!

Great ! I will be able to play with my whole family :)
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited July 2019
    SavnetSinn wrote: »

I think you're missing a part of the puzzle. I'm an NWN fanatic: I still have my original boxes for the base game, both expansions and Kingmaker, the diamond edition on GOG, and the EE through Beamdog, Steam, GOG and Android. So yeah, BioWare and Beamdog have been able to rely on me to throw money at anything NWN-related...except for this. I don't feel it's right to pay whatever percentage of $100 constitutes a console version of the game, since that game would be useless to me. Hell, I'd spend $60-70 just to get a box full of merchandise without a game, at this point, and I was fully intending to spend $100+ on a Collector's Edition with another copy of the PC game; at least I can still use it if every digital distro one day shuts down for good or I wind up living on Mars without internet access.

This push toward console adoption is a good and necessary part of Beamdog's plan, and I get it. But it may not compensate for leaving the core PC market sore like this. NWN needs to keep its PC players happy because, well, they're the only ones bringing out new content! God forbid Larian knock it out of the park with a BG3 toolset even on the level of the one they shipped with D:OSII - you'll see a lot of us jumping ship for good.

Point taken ;)

The european localizations are deligthful news.
    Aedan
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    For those complaining about the lack of a PC version, I really don't understand your argument, the only part with a console label is the physical game itself which you already have a copy of anyway, why do you need another? If you think about it, you come out on top this way. You could purchase the collectors edition for the goodies and then sell the physical copy of the game on ebay for 40$ easily seeing as its going to retail for 50$ There's no way you could get close to that with a PC copy of the game at this point.
  • QuébecoiseQuébecoise Member Posts: 2
    DetroitRedWings25, Because the PC version does not have French.

Je n'ai pas acheter les jeux sur PC à cause de cela, seul BG1EE est traduit.

French for BG2EE and SOD on PC please.
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    @Québecoise : la traduction de BG2EE est en cours sur le site La Couronne de Cuivre.
    Pour SoD, rien n’est prévu pour l’instant.
    Québecoise
  • nightnight Member Posts: 1
    I made an account just to cry about the lack of pc version, but really as DetroitRedWings25 was saying I already own multiple copies of the games. I just I want a full goodies pack of everything from all the game editions sans the games so I wouldn't have to support the consoles. PC master race <3
  • JasmeraliaJasmeralia Member Posts: 2
    One thing I'm not seeing mentioned is the digital store availability of the games involved in the collectors editions for c0nsola. I'm not interested in the physical packages but I do want to buy all of the games for the switch. Will they be available at the same launch times as the CE's, i.e., Oct 1st/Dec 1st?
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Question: Will the toolset be available on the console, and if so, will console players be able to interact with PC customers ?