Skip to content

Zaram Maldovar's Poorly Played No-Reload Cemetery (Attempts #1-42)

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
edited April 2023 in Challenges and Playthroughs
So I'm going to try my hand at the basic No-Reload challenge (no-reload rule still applies but I'm not adding tactics mods or turning the difficulty above Core Rules)

I am however giving myself my own little set of rules
1. The Standard Rule: At no time am I allowed to reload the game with the obvious exception of when I am coming back to the game. If a party member gets chunked, I have to find a replacement and if I die then it's game over.
2. Reincarnation: If I die (and let's face it I will) I am not allowed to play the game using any of the characters from my previous failures; dead incarnations of Charname shall remain dead and I am required to create a new character each time such a death occurs.
3. Glitch Clause: If a Glitch Occurs in the game that I cannot fix using cheat codes (such as the Invisible Keldorn incident) I am allowed to reload under this circumstance and ONLY under this circumstance.

Note: For Attempts #14-23 and 27-28 I provided most of my updates in character. This became too much to keep track of and I had to stop.
Post edited by ZaramMaldovar on
JuliusBorisovZaghoul

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Attempt #1: Zhira the Shadowdancer

ukyri86eazl1.png

Shall we begin?

ijdrbvztlu41.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, the most pathetic critical hit of all time!

wblzfeqve1qb.png
    fo58nbjgfkf2.png

Let's collect some cannon fodder...uhh I mean companions before we go off to face Tarnesh. Yeah...companions...that's what I meant.

855nbtdwgh6i.png
    be1hfnh46l6p.png
    zla2cmhm0jsu.png
    fhebnyq4rsee.png
    ythxbizbgmhn.png

An interesting conversation between Eldoth and Xzar. Too bad Eldoth has now served his purpose.

927cx9qxgmeo.png

The good old fashioned early game party of six. Zaram tested, Zaram approved!

oyryfaq0ndr7.png

And of course no game of Baldur's Gate is complete without the Golden Pantaloons.

AerakarJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2019
    3km6rooy3on0.png

Let's poke the ogre!

ppphc3fzvf5v.png

Maybe I shouldn't have poked the ogre

56lfbwhc6pnq.png

Tweaks Anthology is great, isn't it?

gvw9emwdnhko.png

Ok so I survived (just barely)

uqo9158za2hk.png

Oh crap I forgot about getting waylaid!

1itmheot8ixt.png

I get the sense this is going to be a pattern

jbj08j18n490.png

This one was a bit tricky, I normally use the Potion of Invisibility but I accidentally used that to try to kill Neira so that isn't going to work this time.

655nd3xp66fr.png

Don't you just love being Level 1?

fo8z7ox7ollt.png

I surprisingly had a pretty easy time against that Kobold Commando

rgax5cyfn0fq.png

This was both the first time I ever killed Mulahey on my first try and the worst luck I've had so far

c6snqdvpkv55.png

Ok see that's just not fair.

A bit of an update, Xzar was dying too many times so I kicked him out of the party, dualed Imoen into a mage, and picked up Kivan. After all, who needs three rogues in a six person party?

So far so good, hopefully I won't die a horrible death going through Chapter 3, so far my strategy of focusing on subquests and avoiding potentially unwinnable fights until I'm stronger is working out pretty well.
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
    d4bv89dly43s.png

I honestly didn't think I could even run into these guys without Kagain

b6j728ch06me.png

I really hate it when two fights get mixed together

uqvm3vk4xxva.png

Ok that's it, I'm dropping Montaron (My rep is 17 anyway). I honestly should've seen this hit coming.

fu53zl9xnhuh.png

Welcome aboard, Ajantis!

k8ebirr8tm4c.png

I hate Flinds. They're like Gnolls but on steroids. If I were a Ranger in real life, my racial enemy would be Flinds.

j3duvayusxzu.png

How Can You Be Poisoned After You Die? And 121 Other Questions You Never Thought You Would Have To Ask: An Adventurer's Guide to the Unexpected Vol. 1 by Zaram Maldovar

yx61v5tkb32d.png

Approaching Drizzt from the Wrong Angle and 114 Other Ways Your No-Reload Run Might End Horribly by Zaram Maldovar

nhkcf5zowa3h.png

Honestly I Just Forgot These Guys Even Existed and 876 Other Mistakes You Don't Want To Make In A No-Reload Run by Zaram Maldovar

me8jq0lvl888.png

And Again I Almost Died: Learning to Just Expect It by Zaram Maldovar

3orth2gh37bz.png

I think bringing Kivan with me to the Bandit Camp might have been a mistake

3vvdy8z4gtc4.png

wg6da02nn2ar.jpg

fz6pvxcmt6ic.png

At least Kivan got the kill though and that was a hearty 4000 xp for the party (minus Ajantis for obvious reasons.

And I've never taken down the whole Bandit Camp before...this could be a learning experience...yeah....a learning experience (I'm so screwed)

JuliusBorisovAerakarBelgarathMTH
    74aec2s9lvae.png

Ok so I actually managed to take out the entire Bandit Camp, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Thank the gods for being Level 4 right?

n6z8aa0c13te.png

The moment of truth. Also the first time I tried the spell Glitterdust (It worked!)

jzbifbzwo87d.png

Honestly the easiest time I ever had with these guys

w359sif20lvf.png

Okay so Zhira's Find Traps skill was pretty low so I decided to send in Ajantis to open the trapped safe since he was at full health. Needless to say, Bandit Camp was fun for all...except Kentucky Friend Ender Sai here

ljxvvojke1aj.png

So I decided to finish up Peldvale and Larswood to get as many Bandit Scalps as I could and...yeah that's about right.

i0z4k0t8syhf.png

Baeloth will always be my favorite NPC (sorry Minsc)

he2vza1pykv7.png

And thus ends the tale of Zhira, after all this good luck I was finally felled by a critical hit from a Black Bear during the fight with Osmadi.

All in all I very much enjoyed this 1st attempt as well as the friendships I made along the way. Although I feel bad for Kivan he was opening up so well to Zhira only to see her die as well.

But now it's time for another story the story of....

edited June 2019
    Attempt #2: Constantine the Necromancer

pa94lz2r8tw9.png

My name is John Constantine. I'm the one that steps out from the shadows all mage robes and arrogance. I'll drive your demons and devils away. Kick 'em in the bullocks, and spit on them while they're down, leaving only a nod and a wink and a wisecrack. I walk my path alone, because let's face it...who'd be crazy enough to walk it with me?
    jyez95dt6f21.png

Imoen apparently

sl7nf1sv964g.png

It's official folks, gibberlings are more of a threat than Shank and Carbos!

a389ajru0b57.png

I'm actually not sure how I got out of this one

c8a5jka3msjo.png

This is why sleep is a great first spell to have

qujqlisdxqj1.png
    5gtshrcbon9h.png

Test of limits. Yes, test of limits.

tbiid6ab0aqa.png

Mayhaps I tested my limits a bit too much

Alas the tale of Constantine much like the show Constantine was cut short far too soon. But weep not my friend, for death is never truly the end...

AerakarJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
    edited June 2019
    Attempt #3: Harlow Petra the Jester

hk67nwq3y4za.png

Introducing Harlow Petra, the Gnomish Jester. I decided to go for something different and have my friends create a character for me.

Let's hope she has better luck than our poor friend Constantine.
    8t2jne4vbyl4.png

Please stand by while we prepare Lucky Number #4: We are experiencing technical difficulties :(
    edited June 2019
    7tb2ovqj1xuc.png
    BelgarathMTH
    Attempt #4: Sovrek the Beastmaster

0fo121d5ang3.png

Once again I've outsourced the creation of my character to a friend. Hopefully this one works out, I think I'm really going to enjoy playing this character

0dul5q0k3aew.png

I've summoned my familiar (and he's so adorable)

dy46pn385mq0.png

A much better party of cannon fodder than others

coa8jo7aqik8.png

World of Tanks!

jh761mtlp5ug.png

Beat the crap out of him!

jjpj1kim3wyu.png

:( Shame I'm not able to try again

9vwkdiy23gk0.png

Going into my next play session, I changed Sovrek's photo to a much more fitting one.

bkob7xda2mly.png

Garrick doesn't take hits very well, does he?

mm5r6m0pxwta.png

Into the mines!

i38pc9eryusr.png

Due to some level grinding I wiped the floor with Mulahey and was then free to pick up Xan. I know he can't really use it very often but that Moonblade is pretty badass

9qacvmy5k7nk.png

Nimbul on the other hand was a much more difficult fight

xgfpndsall4a.png

Okay this is a wild story! I was on the map with the Half Ogres and Drizzt and I was fighting Tenygan and his friends when I got hit with a horror spell. Luckily I had just enough party members left to take care of them but along the way I accidentally triggered two groups of gnolls and a group of skeletons which I had to get creative with because my party needed time to get back together. It was a hectic situation, but I handled it pretty well.

079y1whuzrz8.png

Don't turn your back on the Wolfpac; you might wind up in a body bag.

edited June 2019
    yqhamg7s9xzg.png

I can't believe Khalid just leveled up via Gibberling!

txakq1xfahyo.png

Almost forgot my pantaloons!

m8kmoxcheupw.png

Nobody:

Cave Bear: Attacks

lgun3x2tofck.png

Yeah that's about right

83jnr4golt8p.png

There's Gnoll need to wander where your god is. Cause he's right here!...and he's fresh out of mercy

wgj80cesy9ug.png

Oh that's adorable, they think they're a threat!

Ok so sorry for not posting the last few days but my Internet's been down so here's a big dump of screenshots for ya!

1fx0oyol0id8.png

At this point, regular old Bandits are a joke!

d5h01uhe9kxg.png

She started talking to me before I had a chance to do anything (It's a good thing she didn't talk to Sovrek)

3nutknq8xth3.png

I didn't know it was even possible to survive that. Nice job, Xan!

s5jawkqzsapu.png

I Almost Forgot There Were Traps In Here And 507 Other Ways Your No-Reload Run Could End In Suffering and Pain by Zaram Maldovar

1gcfko6u4xn0.png
    o8hc1afc5rcw.jpg

Thank you Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball Z: Abridged; couldn't have put it better myself!

qkr5xzvlg4ey.png

I will always keep this Moonblade to honor our fallen companion. You will be missed, Xan.

ukleme3pjqna.png

Welcome aboard, Neera! Try not to accidentally summon a demon and kill us all, ok? Sounds like a plan.

ws9t20txnbkx.png

Oh that's adorable!

7qcs6r0p2yoa.png

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson from the Zombies. Critical hits are terrifying!

sdxyxr7ebash.png

This could've also ended badly. I had a streak of bad luck yesterday and it didn't end with Xan dying.

6df4wa2r5b1e.png

This is one of my favorite lines in the entire series!

i5ioqtg65afj.png

This was unfortunately not the last Web trap my party got stuck in.

bc3x4457jns3.png

The first time I ever took down a Sword Spider without taking a single hit!

k0gebg81bbkn.png
    09doneavfkfa.png

Ok so this was a nightmare! I'll go into more detail on the "Your Greatest Facepalm Moments" thread but suffice to say that I stepped into a Web Trap, got nearly TPK'd and had to painstankingly recreate some items that glitched out of existence when I tried to come back for them.

uwdanb45wdgd.png

After that ordeal it felt so great to wipe the floor with these guys.

yvvtc2dqchof.png

Into the Mines!

sk460chldpbh.png

Oops, I accidentally a Battle Horror! On the plus side those things are worth 4000 XP

t6y9ylkclit4.png
    hv42zcsv7hyc.png

Baldur's Gate at Last! It feels good to make it to Chapter 5 after so many failures. Hopefully my luck will continue and I'll be able to finish the game. Fingers crossed.

OlvynChuruBelgarathMTH
    bcw3duteii6f.png

I took a little detour to do Neera's sidequest. I no idea by the end of the day that this would be the decision that saved my run!

ic3bsl4dxwuf.png

This is the most intelligent hobgoblin I've ever met in my entire life

fskgsyu2rf3x.png

I forgot these guys were Barbarians

4ju6xrwjyjd0.png

Couldn't even survive your own quest, could you Neera?

gkw6jbk165ue.png

Literally all of Neera's content is gold, but for some reason this is my favorite part.

6m2pi5jy5hol.png
    tfolsdus1g88.png
    4xkibhf1f31x.png

Killing the servants of Umberlee is so nice I had to do it twice, and thrice and four times and five and six and...

5wcmghj8bbsv.png

Don't forget to Doubletap!

30fm1uatk04d.png

For some reason it always feel great to come Full Circle

p3bt5opgckt8.png

Ah yes, one of my favorite treasure troves!

ej4bm9jwdmwf.png

Well that was a close one, I almost had Kentucky Fried Imoen

2e6mx8ihqj1e.png
    uu9tpvwyfh7v.png

Well that was an amusing wild surge

v74yie4vmh1p.png

The point where I thought my run had come to an end

bb39zvkq4adl.png
    pbc74gn2a1yq.png

Ok so this was an awesome moment (Described in more detail in my Your Most Epic Moments thread) and a reminder that sometimes taking a detour to another quest can save your run. Thank the gods for Adoy's Belt and Potions of Storm Giant Strength.

A toast to Ajantis, the true hero of Chapter 6!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Nice progress, keep it up!
    edited June 2019
    twb93nacudcz.png

Well this is an interesting pack of foes

6jfb07etylgb.png

Ankheg's in Gullykin? The answer might surprise you

5230juh9tdif.png
    xj2lmq1ty3lo.png

My good luck streak continued with these surprisingly easy to take down Battle Horrors

pl5t93jk5bqb.png

This dreaded hallway has ended many a Charname. But not today, Durlag's Tower. Not today.

waujal93g5bj.png

Luckily for me I sent Ajantis into this room alone while the rest of the party stayed behind clear on the other side of the map. Couldn't ended much worse though. Nothing says "Game Over" quite like a Level 7 Paladin with Boots of Speed and high saving throws barring down on his own party with a +2 War Hammer.

orjrak6ex53a.png

Imoen seems to really enjoy walking into fire traps. Some people have weird hobbies.

4z9hyhzqviwu.png

I was surprised at how easily I was able to wipe the floor with these guys. Turns out all it takes is a little cheese. So that's one level down, three to go.

jwxm3xu816g3.png

Ok so remember when I said nothing says "Game Over" like a Dire Charmed Paladin on Steroids? Well I forgot about these Super Dopplegangers on Level 2 of Durlag's Tower. Time to drag some corpses back to Beregost again!

b59drotexoc8.png

If you look closely you'll notice that I took a swig from Kiel's Goblet. While I later took a couple swigs as a neccesity, this particular swig was an accident. But I own up to my mistakes and there's no un-using an item in a no-reload run. Hopefully this won't happen again.

g7v1qv9breqr.png

So that's what Doom Guard chunks look like! Who wants a nice bowl of Undead Warrior Helper? No? Just me? Ok then.

msiggbr1ttbz.png

So I went back to Baldur's Gate to grab a few Potions of Absorbtion for the Chess Puzzle when suddenly THIS happens.

Forget everything I said about what looks the most like a Game Over. THIS was absolutely terrifying and I thought that was the end of at least one of my party members if not my run. Somehow I managed to evade this thing before it had a chance to use it's attack. I decided right then and there that I was going to bed because I refused to attempt to stretch my luck any further. Fate shouldn't be tempted too many times in one night.

Tomorrow I'll try my luck at Level 3 of Durlag's Tower and hope that my luck continues. See you soon
    edited July 2019
    45xol1svhmo3.png

This guys should be worth more than 1000 XP

f4h1wk9sfwfh.png

Ouch, I almost forgot about these guys

m0oz291yi9kr.png

Remind me never to take this path ever again. Sound like a plan? Sounds like a plan.

bwtur7nuwekq.png
    w4con75a52we.png

Looks like I'm going to need those Raise Dead scrolls a lot sooner than I thought

imvxvmdjghmt.png

I needed a lot of healing for this level.

k8hnl3nf7m4c.png
    jnr5nwm8ug9b.png
    p5946g946prd.png
    ja4q1shy2hpb.png

I forgot how tough those Greater Wyverns were. Death is like a vacation for Sovrek's friends at this point

hzje8lze8jmc.png
    9n48gwdos6i6.png

Unfortunately Sovrek's luck ran out. After barely surviving a crisping, I used up all my healing spells and tried to rest only to summon some Greater Ghouls. I ran into the Ice Dungeon and tried to strategically retreat after realizing I needed some more time.

Sadly they followed me and ganged up on Sovrek whom I didn't realize until it was too late was still held. We put up a valiant effort but without any healing, Sovrek was torn to shreds my two Winter Wolves and a Polar Bear.

Alas all good things come to an end. But for every end there is a beginning and the story of Attempt #5 will be here soon.
    Attempt #5: Erza the Blade

7mzbdtjd49v5.png

Another story begins. Let us hope that our new hero shall reach as far as Sovrek and beyond.

Adventure awaits!
    AerakarBelgarathMTH
    edited July 2019
    vbmw0cs1ilpg.png

Ok so it took me a while to realize this, but I forgot to actually save after giving Erza her custom photo. Anyway, so this is me not learning my lesson about poking Ogres.

ud945149kmof.png

*Gasp* Oh no he's dead whatever shall I do (Bye, Xzar!)

6q1xtgjryhj2.png

I think this might be the earliest beatdown I've taken so far without actually dying.

mm1bwuctf5ji.png

Just chunked her first guy, I'm so proud of my little murder child. Offensive Spin is great!

p0gzxi62fn5g.png

Maybe I should keep Montatron away from the front end until he gets stronger

kqe6uv9sa8kp.png

Just another constant reminder that critical hits are terrifying.
    BelgarathMTH
    edited July 2019
    pcci4cmbm43z.png
    4zv8q8nx0opw.png

I'm so glad that they put these bears so far away from you.

ej2a4s21b8u0.png

He won't be joining my party this run; but this is why I love Dorn.

dabrgnn5gcwt.png

I can't stress enough how much I hate Flinds. I'd consent to slaughtering a village of Flinds instead of village of Xvarts but I can't stand seeing these things on my screen.

o24y384gnhut.png

None of my feats quite line up with level up via Kobold!

tf5qp5fderg9.png

The first time I realized Montaron killed Bassilus

8dtwgjcx543k.png

But he also died three times just in the Nashkel mines so there's that.

9vbf1jyqmlak.png

No problem, Branwen. Glad to be of service.
    5dn61bg2pggk.png

This was the first time I ever failed to save that farmer's cow

cgz7dxjo0tge.png

I had terrible luck with this map

9ypar043dmiz.png

Which I immediatly followed up by testing my luck against Vampiric Wolves. Should not have done that.

Ah well, Trial and Error. This looks like a job for....

Attempt #6: Tan the Skald

7ogelv2vpy4l.png

This time I let my sister (who has no D&D knowledge) make a character for me. And it looks like after this I've run the full gambit of Bard subclasses. Also my 1st attempt at Evil in a No-Reload run. This should be a learning experience.

0pbicz83ebsn.png

Looks like I'm off to a *great* start

lmpaq2o27haq.png

Sup, Viconia? Welcome aboard the Sinking Ship!

9x7nd3dy8fae.png

You can join me (Yes you shall me a suitable substitute until I can obtain Edwin)

53hx584iiubk.png

I put Kagain up front so he could tank...and it turns out that an 8 Charisma score is not good enough for Tiax.

hrt8z6i0ft6r.png

I'm surprised Vynd didn't want to kill this guy. I mean this is the first time I'm using him but he doesn't seem like the type to willingly give up Boots of Stealth.

• Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Shaping up into a powerful group. Dorn or Shar-Teel to add on, swap Neera for Edwin or Baeloth. Dorn and Baeloth if you want the Pariah quartet, a whopping -8 rep by association and three Drow!
    edited July 2019
    @Very_BigSword
    Funny you should mention that, I in fact recruited Dorn AND Shar-Teel and as stated earlier was only using Neera as a placeholder for Edwin.

wgrjr6qbbq1d.png

As you can see in keeping up with my pattern of doing quite poorly early game I was nearly stomped by Neira

2w4w4cqp1hg8.png

I now have my full ensemble cast of evil characters: 2 tanks, cleric, assassin, conjurer, skald

04lu408hr9ye.png

Ok see, that was awesome!

gmw1potpnt6n.png

But perhaps Vynd should stick to throwing darts (at least for now)

rojaabw42fsr.png

This is why you don't poke bears

ktcgi30ly4ly.png

And this is Ogre Mage learned a little bit too late why you shouldn't fire Lightning Bolts in an enclosed space. He fried himself!
    AerakarBelgarathMTH
    edited July 2019
    b9r3oztlvic6.png

All of these extra content mods are great because you get gems like this.

74cn3xtf6wt0.png

Ha! Nimbul got chunked into tiny bits before anybody could even get off a spell. 2 tanks+Skald Song is OP and I love it!

near5hcyp4s2.png

This is one of the scariest ambushes. Luckily I managed to run away before anyone took too much damage

wgceyphjpld3.png

For some reason I thought Dorn was immune to poison, I must have given him some sort of item along the way last time I had him that made me think that.

c4dbi17kl37i.png

I honestly missed having Edwin in my party. Out of all the original Bioware NPCs I think he might be the snarkiest bastard but I love him all the same. Oh who am I kidding...that's WHY I love him so much.

m91vlmdm85ef.png
    rnzy4o8wd9st.png
    0e8xae0kxp3v.png

It's time for everyone's favorite sitcom: Everyone Hates Bassilus

kl0wexlgjeml.png

This amusingly timed screenshot makes it seem like Roger is quite good friends with this Hobgoblin I'm about to skewer

4u8zmb169agx.png

Whoever created Vynd, I applaud you on his dialogue. I only wish that he was voiced.
    nd9lpul3i0xd.png

Ok so I was farming for Basilisks (also note the Flind bodies, I hate Flinds they must all die. Have I mentioned Flinds yet?) and this irratating bug where Shar-Teel was turned into a neutral NPC that wouldnt' talk despite still being in my party.

I tried killing her and bringing her back, I tried moving to new areas, I tried saving and reloading (it doesn't count if I'm just trying to fix a glitch) and nothing work. In the end, I removed her from the party and added her back again and that fixed the problem.

I blame the Flinds, everything is their fault, damn Flinds.

otddhdxpxnx4.png
    fb5s2mfwvjse.png

Ok so it's too soon to go Ankheg Farming! But I did a couple suits of Ankheg Plate so it wasn't a total loss.

hpkmqvt5v19x.png

Ring of Human Influence+Algernon's Cloak= Terrifying Charisma oozing off of one of a gnome with zero regard for anyone but himself.

ksy1fwi5az6a.png

"You have expired, Red Wizard; as has your usefulness to me. Yet another pretender to my throne discarded. Let this be a lesson to the rest of you, fall in line or you will suffer the same fate. All who plot against me will be cut down without mercy. You have been warned"- Tan

yzshbcsw70kh.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have our all-star lineup: 3 Drow, a Half-Orc Blackguard and a Psycho Feminist out for blood. It doesn't get much eviler than that!

34ygc0p8t7cu.png

These guys are probably among Sarevok's most competent goons. Too bad they aren't a bit tougher though. I remember when I used to have so much trouble with these guys.

1s572itlj43g.png

Shar-Teel: I'm dying! (snatches Baeloth's Bag) I need one of your healing potions

Baeloth: Wait! The Speedily Stolen Slaves Salve is not what it seems! Don't just slurp it down you simpleton!

Shar-Teel: (Chugs potion and then stumbles weakly around the tent) I'b fine!...(points sword awkwardly at Ender Sai) I gots this, don't worry. Don't send a man to do a woman's j- (stumbles over to barrel and vomits) Gimme a minute

Baeloth: I did warn you, woman.

uqfspbth3qsn.png

That's right folks, Shar-Teel managed to level up completly hammered and on the brink of death! Also you have to admit this is a hilarious combination of status effects.

5dd7cdinb2h6.png

I didn't see that coming, I was hoping to get my rep back up to 5 by talking to Officer Vai, but she decided to kill me and I returned the favor.

My rep then dropped to 2 and summoned the Flaming Fist to attack me. Well I escaped but now my Rep is 2.

I sold some stuff and now my rep is 3

Yep, doesn't get much eviler than that. I need to trend a little more carefully.

Guess I can't go back to Beregost now!
    AerakarVery_BigSwordJuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
    edited July 2019
    6t7zky2r55io.png
    Game: Knock, Knock
    Shar-Teel: Who's there?
    Game: Respawning Dread Wolves
    Shar-Teel; Respawning Dread Wolves W-holy sh**!
    Game: GRR!

8ykbcppm5r7z.png

It was about time I managed to disarm that trap!

gl8rjsyyfqrc.png

Ok guys, I get that you hate each other; but now is not a good time!

dudcd3785dlh.png

I'm kinda disappointed the Thralls of Azothet don't have the demon sprites anymore. It made them so much cooler!

hym9ksy3a4kn.png

And I'm now the proud owner of Elven Chain, free to cast spells! Tan the Skald is now a force to be reckoned with!

"I can feel my power growing. I know not the source, but it is as if some great force pulls me towards my destiny. I shall have the revenge that should have been mine long ago and then I shall take for myself what power I can. This I swear to you, Gorion. Your death shall not go unpunished"- Tan
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    "Ok so it's too soon to go Ankheg Farming! But I did a couple suits of Ankheg Plate so it wasn't a total loss."

Not really. Your issue is that tanking is unacceptably risky on these glass cannons. They are not hobgoblins. Crowd control/status effects are the solution for high DPS monsters.

Edwin: Casts sleep
    Viconia: Casts command
    Anybody: Use item: Wand of Sleep.

Problem solved. The spells are level one and wand is relatively cheap.

Love the party composition. Solve your rep with temple donations, or the many wilderness quests that give easy plus rep. E.g. save a cow from Xvarts or kill some wolves surrounding a tower.

It is interesting to see some of those banters for the first time. I usually do Melicamp/Bassilus very early for XP and money boost at level 1 or 2. The likes of Edwin are normally not recruited at that stage.
    ZaramMaldovarJuliusBorisov
    @Very_BigSword
    Thanks for the advice. I solved my rep via quests which I strategically selected concerning my character being NE and all (Couldn't do temple because I was flat broke from upgrading my party). My rep is now 8 which is much more manageable. I should be able to get it up to 10 before heading off back to Candlekeep.

As for those banters you have to mods like BG1 NPC Project installed because in the Vanilla game there is basically zero interaction between the characters unlike BG2 which has a wealth of interaction BEFORE mods (but that doesn't stop me from installing more banter mods. I love banter).

The Shar-Teel/Dorn fights have to be Vanilla though, since BG1 NPC project only has content for the original Bioware NPCS.
    JuliusBorisov
    3xa2awjjseu3.png

Seriously whoever wrote Vynd needs a friggin' medal

qezx230aqpn1.png

INT 20? Your chances of living if you cross him? 0

3kviv1llhdc8.png

I forgot to take very many screenshots when I was actually in Baldur's Gate :( sorry

hz5y2gposnvi.png

One of few traps I actually managed to disarm. My cursor didn't like me today so I walked into quite a few of them.

cwqh8cfxiali.png

Poor luck in a dungeon seems to be an omen because after barely surviving that trap, this happened...

wrd7gl2pi3b8.png

So all was going well until I went to fight Prat and Co. I buffed up and charged in as I normally do only to be met with a Confusion Spell. For a while I was treated to the hilarious antics of both Prat's party and mine running around aimlessly (I cast a Horror Spell) but sadly mine wore off first and I lost Shar-Teel, then Vynd and it all went downhill from there.

We ran right into spiders and without anyone to help me, I fell victim to poison. Alas in the end evil did not win the day.

But perhaps the force of righteousness will....