Skip to content

Ineth's collection of Icewind Dale style portraits

2»

Comments

• inethineth Member Posts: 707

Update: Shorties v03

• Renamed from "Other Races" to "Shorties" (Half-orcs split off as a separate portrait pack).
    • Slightly improved two of the portraits.
    • Added 1 more portraits (male gnome).

New pack: Half-orcs v01

• 26 portraits (14 male, 12 female).
    (Pinging @Raduziel, who has expressed interest in Half-orc portraits.)
    RaduzielGusindaAerakar
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Thanks!!!
  • billchase74billchase74 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    I apologize if this has already been answered but which folder do the revised side_bar portraits need to go? Right now they all reside in the Portraits folder with the larger versions, but IWD EE stills crops the larger variant instead.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I apologize if this has already been answered but which folder do the revised side_bar portraits need to go? Right now they all reside in the Portraits folder with the larger versions, but IWD EE stills crops the larger variant instead.

You could try putting them in the override folder. I find that works better for the 2.x versions of the games.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2019
    @billchase74
    Are you on Linux?

Patch 2.5 for IWD:EE on Linux introduced a bug that prevents corresponding large and small versions of the same portrait from being detected, if the "L" and "M" letters at the end of the filename are not uppercase.

These portrait packs were released before Beamdog introduced that bug, and use all-lowercase filenames.

I was hoping the bug would be fixed, but maybe I should just re-release these portrait packs with uppercase filenames...
  • HairyDwarfHairyDwarf Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019
    ohg4uhpnfkm5.bmp
    89w5tuhpahve.bmp

Feel free to use my crap (yeah, my photoshop skill is slightly above then complete zero)
    Name the files something like "Orc1L" and "Orc1M", there "L" - Large image, and "M" - small face portrait. Must work this way.

But you can try to do it better, from this source image:

https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-pdb/1720502/bc83c104-d6f8-4961-adf6-a596cabd939c/s1200?webp=false
    Gusindaartificial_sunlightAerakarYigor
  • ShineOmegaShineOmega Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your hard work!
  • BarazBaraz Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2021
    Greetings,

Sad to say that all the links in the original post no longer resolve properly.

Here is an example :
    https://forums.beamdog.com/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=http://bit.ly/iwd_warriors02

The actual working link, though, remains : http://bit.ly/iwd_warriors02

As you can test with the above bit(dot)ly link, it works if you copy-paste it, but the Beamdog forum refuses to make the URL work as such, for security reasons I presume.
    @Baraz:

When I click one of the download links, the forum now takes me to a "You are now leaving Beamdog Forums. Click the link to continue" page.
    That page then contains the actual link.

Yes, it's annoying (and that security page could be designed much better to make the link more noticeable and to make people not mistake it for an error page), but once you know how it works, it's just one extra click.

I could go back to hosting the downloads as forum attachments, but that had its own annoyances last I tried (i.e. after a while, the attachments "forgot" their filenames and replaced them with random numbers), which is why I moved the downloads to Google Drive in the first place.
    ineth wrote: »
    @Baraz:

When I click one of the download links, the forum now takes me to a "You are now leaving Beamdog Forums. Click the link to continue" page.
    That page then contains the actual link.

In my browsers, this does not work. I would not bother you if that worked. The continue/actual link fails to load anything nor to show a possible download, hence the issue. I reported this here after someone else on Steam tried.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited January 2022
    This is a great collection! Unfortunately, there are various problems because of the way the files are named.
    There's the problem of the uppercase M and L as mentioned. Also, M portraits do not show in the sidebar unless you remove 1 character from the file name (from 8 to 7).
    The portraits aren't separated by gender either which can apparently be done now.

Edit: I found an artist who made some IWD portraits: https://www.deviantart.com/aerenwyn. Some could be worth adding!
    e8g0t9gj0snn.jpg
    kzwszxgodas1.jpg
    bmfajtlmi3p1.jpg
    yw7nd7p1cr70.jpg
    jg6i7lm73fac.jpg
    bqdsdq5oiymt.jpg
    Post edited by Abel on
    Abel wrote: »
    There's the problem of the uppercase M and L as mentioned. Also, M portraits do not show in the sidebar unless you remove 1 character from the file name (from 8 to 7).

Damn, when did they break this?

Seven characters is not a lot to work with. With the last character used by the M or L, and the first two characters used by my modder prefix, that leaves only 4 characters to distinguish between different portraits across all my portrait collections.
    I'll have to come up with a new naming scheme to accommodate this...
    Abel wrote: »
    The portraits aren't separated by gender either which can apparently be done now.

You mean the M_*.lua mechanism, right?
    Didn't that require the portrait files and the "lua" file to all be installed into the game's "override" folder?
    So it's more something for mods, rather than a portrait pack that can just be extracted into the "portraits" folder.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 579
    Only the M_*.lua needs to be installed into the override folder and it will apply to all available portraits, regardless of portrait location.
    Big Update:
    • Warriors v03
      • +25 male portraits  (9 fighters, 6 paladins, 2 barbarians, 8 rangers)
      • +29 female portraits  (10 fighters, 7 paladins, 3 barbarians, 9 rangers)
    • Priests v03
      • +14 male portraits  (3 monks, 6 clerics, 4 druids, 1 shaman)
      • +9 female portraits  (1 monk, 2 clerics, 5 druids, 1 shaman)
    • Rogues v03
      • +22 male portraits  (8 thieves, 14 bards)
      • +19 female portraits  (10 thieves, 9 bards)
    • Wizards v03
      • +15 male portraits
      • +18 female portraits
    • Shorties v04
      • +4 male portraits  (4 dwarves)
      • +5 female portraits  (5 dwarves)
    • Half-orcs v02
      • +2 male portraits
    • All of the above:
      • They are now WeiDU mods. (When installed this way, the portraits get properly separated by gender in the game).
        Of course, manual installation is still possible.
      • Used AI upscaling to improve the resolution of some portraits where it was lacking.
      • Minor tweaks to various portraits.
      • Changed the filenames of all portraits, to work around two IWD:EE bugs pointed out by @Abel.
        (If you have installed older versions of these portrait packs, uninstall them by deleting all files starting with x! from your portraits folder, in order to avoid duplicates.)

In total, this collection has 357 portrais now.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Amazing stuff!
    @Baraz: Does the problem with the download links persist, for you?

Would it be better to use the Google Drive URLs directly?

e.g. this: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vc-SMeIrkzwr7uAs0uq58bV0xZ3fF4hB
    instead of this: https://bit.ly/iwd_warriors03

@Baraz: Does the problem with the download links persist, for you?

Would it be better to use the Google Drive URLs directly?

e.g. this: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1vc-SMeIrkzwr7uAs0uq58bV0xZ3fF4hB
    instead of this: https://bit.ly/iwd_warriors03

Currently, the short links work (not sure what was causing the bug). If you want, I imagine using BBCode links on the forum (like this) would be a safer bet.
  • DrNilssonDrNilsson Member Posts: 2
    All the links exept for the warrior one works. Could you reupload the warrior file? :)
    DrNilsson wrote: »
    All the links exept for the warrior one works. Could you reupload the warrior file? :)
    Darn, it says in Google Drive that the warriors bundle has been flagged as potential "malware", and thus automatically restricted.

I guess Google Drive' auto-moderator AI doesn't like the included WeiDU installer EXE?
    It should be the same EXE in all bundles though, so it's weird that they singled out this one.
    I clicked the button to request a review of the decision from Google, let's see if there will be a response.

In the meantime, please use the two alternate download sites (Yandex and box) linked in the top post.
  • DrNilssonDrNilsson Member Posts: 2
    DrNilsson wrote: »
    Darn, it says in Google Drive that the warriors bundle has been flagged as potential "malware", and thus automatically restricted.

I guess Google Drive' auto-moderator AI doesn't like the included WeiDU installer EXE?
    It should be the same EXE in all bundles though, so it's weird that they singled out this one.
    I clicked the button to request a review of the decision from Google, let's see if there will be a response.

In the meantime, please use the two alternate download sites (Yandex and box) linked in the top post.

Nice, Thanks. I somehow missed the other links. :)