Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    OK, my friends, with the help of my other friend (who is far more skilled with internet technologies/stuff - building/maintaining sites, programming etc.) we've managed to make an archives of both Bioware BG1/BG2 no-reload threads and The Adventurer's Lounge. We made "lite" and "full" versions of no-reload threads. "Lite" are "html only" and occupy 213Mb/198Mb respectively. "Full" are far more fat but have most pictures/screenshots stored locally as well as CSS and JS files (~5.6/5.7Gb respectively). At the moment I've uploaded "lite" versions on my site and they are available online via this links:

Baldur's Gate 1 No-Reload Challenge Arhiv

Baldur's Gate 2 No-Reload Challenge Arhiv

The Adventurer's Lounge: Guidance and Support for No Reload Challengers- Newbie or Veteran Arhiv

Please check if those links work for you and let me know if something is wrong.

If, for whatever reasons, those links became broken once Bioware forums will be closed I'll replace the "lite" versions with "full" ones and post the new links here.

I'll update all archives with most recent versions once Bioware forums will turn "read only" and also try to edit the Hall of Heroes appropriately so it shows the proper links.

This post is from 2016 so apologize for the derailing. I was wondering if there is any way to download the topics in my own computer to read them whenever I like it.

Also, is this content old enough to have people like Frabjous in it? I remember that in the old bioware forums (the one all black with blue titles) there were many personalities that are not active anymore.

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Enuhal: I thought the Slayer started out with a Time Stop spell by default, and failing to disrupt him before then would mean he'd start chopping up party members. Does he not always open with Time Stop?

I'm also surprised to see Kangaxx fall to Sunray. Last I checked, he had 100% magic resistance on top of his spell level immunities in SCS, and I was under the impression that all liches had a save vs. spell of 1, preventing the instant death effect from triggering, either--not to mention a standard Protection from Magical Energy pre-buff.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    yes scs is full of bugs (many have been there for years) and cheats like a bitch... most of the tactics boil down to this or that script doing something impossible but over the years we just keep adjusting to it
    sorry guys but nice to see an avenger run
    edited August 2019
    The WinRAR file of both BG1&BG2 no-reload threads (full, with all images stored locally so you can browse the topics even off-line) is 10,7 GB. My free Dropbox account is only 2GB and Google Drive is 15GB, but it's half-full already. I could temporally free some space on my Google Drive, place the file there at least for some time (not permanently) and share the link for you to download it. If it suits you let me know.

Thanks for the proposal, but it would irk me a bit if you had to mess up your google drive just to comply with my desires. Also I'm without internet connection for a bit, so I would have to wait for that too :P

• Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    Arthas wrote: »
    The WinRAR file of both BG1&BG2 no-reload threads (full, with all images stored locally so you can browse the topics even off-line) is 10,7 GB. My free Dropbox account is only 2GB and Google Drive is 15GB, but it's half-full already. I could temporally free some space on my Google Drive, place the file there at least for some time (not permanently) and share the link for you to download it. If it suits you let me know.

Thanks for the proposal, but it would irk me a bit if you had to mess up your google drive just to comply with my desires. Also I'm without internet connection for a bit, so I would have to wait for that too :P

No problem. I could just make two separate files for both threads and place them one after another when you'll download the first one. This way there will be no need to mess with my GDrive. So when you'll be ready feel free to ask.
    Thank you.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    Arthas wrote: »

No problem. I could just make two separate files for both threads and place them one after another when you'll download the first one. This way there will be no need to mess with my GDrive. So when you'll be ready feel free to ask.

Serg:

Just you know there's a Hightail service - it's not free but it can send any size file or files via a special link in an e-mail.
    they charge you to send it or the client to download it... or both?
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    ussnorway wrote: »
    they charge you to send it or the client to download it... or both?

You can send as many e-mails and clients can download as often as you want. It's just a monthly fee.
    its more that scs cheats and at the start it is important to understand what blocks a magic missile or can that monster hit your character with this much armour on... later on your character has more options | gear and it boils down to tactics more than luck