Skip to content

Druid Multiclasses: Everything from Druid/Mages to Fighter/Cleric/Druid/Mage/Thieves

semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
edited November 2019 in General Modding
This mod adds five new kits to the game, allowing the player to create Cleric/Druids, Druid/Mages, Cleric/Druid/Mages, Druid/Thieves and even Fighter/Cleric/Druid/Mage/Thieves! They have access to druid spells with extra spell slots to accommodate them when necessary, SCS-style shapeshifting tokens, and both cleric and druid item restrictions (so just clubs, staffs, slings, and leather armor). All of the classes aside from the Druid/Mage receive XP penalties to replicate the effect of a multi-classed or triple-classed character, so rather than getting HLAs via the HLA menu on reaching epic levels, they simply get a custom innate ability that lets them choose their HLAs. There's also a Fighter/Monk kit, which might become part of a future, larger class mod.

The druid stronghold should be available to every druid kit, and the mod should be compatible with the sphere system from Deities of Faerun.

You can create a Cleric/Druid as a cleric kit, a Druid/Mage or Cleric/Druid/Mage as a cleric/mage kit, a Druid/Thief as a mage/thief kit, and a Fighter/Cleric/Druid/Mage/Thief as a fighter/mage/thief kit. The kit descriptions are below:
CLERIC/DRUID: A cleric/druid is a student both of nature and their patron deity. A cleric/druid may draw upon both forms of magic to cast <PRO_HISHER> spells, but must follow the tenets of both faiths, and is forbidden from using both edged weapons and metal weapons or armor.

Class Features:

- All experience points gained are reduced by 50%.
- May cast twice as many spells per day of each spell level compared to a single-classed cleric.
- May cast both cleric and druid spells.
- May only wear non-metallic armor and use non-metallic weapons.
- 7th level: May Shapeshift into a wolf, black bear, or brown bear once per day.
- 15th level: Becomes immune to poison.
- 18th level: Gains 10% resistance to cold, fire, electricity, and acid; gains a further 10% resistance at levels 21 and 24.
- Alignment restricted to neutral good, lawful neutral, true neutral, chaotic neutral, and neutral evil.
- Chooses High Level Abilities using innate abilities gained at level 15+ rather than during the level up screen.

- Hit Die: d8

CLERIC/DRUID/MAGE: A a student of nature, the Weave, and their patron deity, a cleric/druid/mage may draw upon all forms of magic to cast <PRO_HISHER> spells.

- All experience points gained are reduced by 33%.
- May cast twice as many priest spells per day of each spell level.
- 7th level: May Shapeshift into a wolf, black bear, or brown bear once per day.
- 18th level: Gains 10% resistance to cold, fire, electricity, and acid; gains a further 10% resistance at levels 21 and 24.
- Alignment restricted to neutral good, lawful neutral, true neutral, chaotic neutral, and neutral evil.
- Chooses High Level Abilities using innate abilities gained at level 13+ rather than during the level up screen.

Class Features:

-

DRUID/MAGE: A student of both nature and the Weave, a druid/mage may draw upon both druidic and arcane magic to cast <PRO_HISHER> spells.

Class Features:

- May cast druid spells.
- May not cast cleric spells.
- Cannot turn undead.
- May not use metal weapons or armor.

- Hit Die: d6

FIGHTER/CLERIC/DRUID/MAGE/THIEF: A student of nature, the Weave, their patron deity, and the martial arts, a fighter/cleric/druid/mage/thief may draw upon all forms of magic to cast <PRO_HISHER> spells, though <PRO_HESHE> must abide by the item restrictions of both druids and clerics.

Class Features:

- All experience points gained are reduced by 25%.
- May cast both cleric and druid spells from the mage spellbook, and may cast three times as many spells per day.
- Does not gain bonus spells from Wisdom.
- May only wear non-metallic armor and use non-metallic weapons (staffs, clubs, and slings).
- Cannot use Turn Undead.
- Must possess 18 Intelligence, and gains +1 Intelligence at level 1 in order to be able to learn mage spells alongside <PRO_HISHER> priest spells.
- Chooses High Level Abilities using innate abilities gained at mage level 12+ rather than during the level up screen. WARNING: The fighter/druid/cleric/mage/thief only learns HLAs upon gaining mage levels, which determine <PRO_HISHER> spellbook. While <PRO_HESHE> gains 5 HLAs for each level, beginning at level 12, it takes 4.5 million XP to reach level 13, with a long gap in between. Some fighter/druid/cleric/mage/thieves may never gain enough experience to learn more than 5 or 10 HLAs.

DRUID/THIEF: This character can use the abilities of a Druid and a Thief, though the Druid/Thief cannot be proficient in weapons outside druidic practice, and the Druid/Thief may not cast spells while wearing armor.

Class Features:

- May cast druid spells from the mage spellbook.
- Does not gain bonus spells from Wisdom.
- May not cast spells while wearing armor.
- May only achieve Proficiency in weapons usable by both thieves and druids (scimitars, daggers, clubs, staffs, slings, and darts) and may only wield weapons usable by thieves.
Post edited by semiticgoddess on
RaduzielStefanOOrlonKronsteenArtonaPermidion_StarkGusindaOlvynChuruPsicoVicStummvonBordwehrRavenslight

Comments

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Nice!
    Now if we can get this to work with the sphere system from DoF ( @Raduziel ), I would really be happy.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Nice!
    Now if we can get this to work with the sphere system from DoF ( @Raduziel ), I would really be happy.

Fine by me, just need @semiticgod 's avail.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Raduziel Do whatever you need! I just wanted a simple kit that would work like a vanilla cleric/druid would have.

Since I neglected to mention it before, the kit already gets the IWD spells from SCS v32.
    I've pushed the required files on DoF's side to the beta branch.

And I already sent to @semiticgod what he needs to alter things on his side.

Cheers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    If you could do this with the druid/mage, an allowable multi in PnP, you would be my hero.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor: Is it possible in Faith and Powers to create a druid/mage without also installing the sphere system?
    @subtledoctor: This is a bit beyond the scope of this mod, but would it be possible to alter how item usability works by removing unusability flags on item files and replacing them with Enable/Disable Item Type opcodes in custom spells in all CLAB files, then tweaking CLAB files to fine-tune item restrictions? I got the impression that broad cleric domain mods tended to use this method.
    edited October 2019
    semiticgoddess
    @subtledoctor: I've got one small bug--SCS shapeshifting tokens aren't usable by this kit due to it being coded as a cleric kit, and the shapeshifting tokens are only usable by druids. How would I patch the tokens, or tweak duplicates of the tokens, to make them usable by this kit but not other cleric kits?
    edited October 2019
    @semiticgod
    COPY ~Blablabla/SCSToken.itm~ ~override/ClericDruidSCSToken.itm~ SAY NAME1 ~Bla~ SAY NAME2 ~Bla~ SAY DESC ~Bla~
    WRITE_BYTE 0x1e (THIS BAND 0b01111111) //Makes it usable by Clerics
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 319 target = 1 parameter1 = (YourKitInternalName + 0x4000) parameter2 = 9 timing = 2 power = 1 END //Restricts it only to your kit

Here's an example (DoF restriction to make each Holy Symbol usable only by its kit)
    COPY ~DeitiesOfFaerun/Itm/HolySymbols/RAHS.itm~ ~override/RAHSARVO.itm~ SAY NAME1 @4904 SAY NAME2 @4904 SAY DESC @4905
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 319 target = 1 parameter1 = (RAArvo + 0x4000) parameter2 = 9 timing = 2 power = 1 END

But this way the mod would have to be installed after SCS, so Weidu can find its resources. Or you may get in touch with @DavidW and ask for permission to add the tokens to your mod.
    Good ideas!

I am also making a Cleric/Druid/Mage kit, which merges all spells into a single spellbook as a single-classed mage. This was more evenly-leveled than just applying the Cleric/Druid kit to a Cleric/Mage, but comes at the cost of disallowing armor and clubs, and also requires the kit to have 19 Intelligence in order to learn new mage spells, since otherwise all the priest spells would fill out the mage spellbook and prevent scroll scribing (altering the INTMOD.2da is another option, which arguably is better for players and for balance).

@Raduziel and @subtledoctor, I have one problem: I have compatibility issues with SCS v32's new IWD spells. I can copy them over if SCS is installed, but if SCS is not installed, this code, which copies over Static Charge, would crash WeiDU when the installer can't find SPPR419.spl:
    COPY_EXISTING	~SPPR419.spl~ ~override/USCDW419.spl~
    WRITE_BYTE 28 1

Likewise, I would like to remove duplicate Cause Wounds spells. For instance, this code copies over the vanilla and then the SCS v32 versions of Cause Serious Wounds:
    COPY_EXISTING	~SPPR414.spl~ ~override/USCDW414.spl~
    WRITE_BYTE 28 1

COPY_EXISTING	~SPPR428.spl~ ~override/USCDW428.spl~
    WRITE_BYTE 28 1

But I would only want one of those spells copied over, depending on whether SPPR428 existed or not. What should I change?
    Would it be possible to instead make the Cleric/Druid/Mage a Cleric/Mage kit? That would let the kit use shields and helmets as well as priest scrolls and Wands of the Heavens, but I don't know how to implement multi-classed kits.
    edited October 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Would it be possible to instead make the Cleric/Druid/Mage a Cleric/Mage kit? That would let the kit use shields and helmets as well as priest scrolls and Wands of the Heavens, but I don't know how to implement multi-classed kits.

Check DoF's Github - there are dozens of examples there.
    @subtledoctor: Sounds like an excellent resource for me to use in the future, but right now I've got an error message.

sycfupsa8m6x.png

At first I thought it was because I was working with files with 8 characters in the name, but it persisted when I dropped several back down to 7 characters (and even deleted the unused 8-character ones!). If it helps, the full code I'm working with, minus a commented-out part with the obsolete version of the triple-class, is below (I know it says "Cleric/Druid" instead of "Cleric/Druid/Mage"; I fix that later):
    BACKUP ~TestWeiDU/backup~
    AUTHOR ~ced2168@columbia.edu~

VERSION ~1.0~

//MODDER

AUTO_TRA ~TestWeiDU/tra/%s~

/*
     * This mod does not use any chapter checks
    ALWAYS
      ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
        OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 12
      END ELSE BEGIN
        OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = 0
      END
      OUTER_FOR (i=1; i<=10; i=i+1) BEGIN
        OUTER_SET bg2_chapter = bg2_chapter + 1
        OUTER_SPRINT name_source ~bg2_chapter_%i%~
        OUTER_SET EVAL ~%name_source%~ = bg2_chapter
      END
    END
    */

LANGUAGE   ~English~
               ~English~
               ~TestWeiDU/tra/English/TestWeiDU.tra~

BEGIN "Cleric/Druid Kit" //
    INCLUDE "TestWeiDU/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa"

INCLUDE ~TestWeiDU/qd_multiclass.tpa~ 

ADD_KIT ~USCD01~
    	~USCD01 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
          ~USCD01 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~
    	~USCD01 0 0 0 0 9 15~
    	~USCD01 0 0 0 0 0 0~
    	~USCD01 0 0 0 0 17 17~
            ~USCD01 0 0 0 0 17 17~
    	~USCD01 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 1 0~
    	~USCD01 1 0 1 1 0 1~
    	~TestWeiDU/CLABUSC.2da~
    	~K_C_H	K_C_D   K_C_G   K_C_E   K_C_HE   K_C_HL   K_C_HO~
    	~0x00020000 14~
    	~USN~
    	~LEAT14 * HELM07 BAG24 RING06 RING31 CLCK02 BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN04,2 POTN14,5 HAMM07 SW1H27 STAF08~

SAY ~cleric/druid~
    	SAY ~Cleric/Druid~
    	SAY ~CLERIC/DRUID: A cleric/druid is a student both of nature and their patron deity. <PRO_HESHE> may draw upon both forms of magic to cast <PRO_HISHER> spells, but must follow the tenets of both faiths, and is forbidden from using both edged weapons and metal weapons or armor.

Class Features:

- All experience points gained are reduced by 50%.
    - May cast twice as many spells per day of each spell level compared to a single-classed cleric.
    - Chooses High Level Abilities using innate abilities gained at level 15+ rather than during the level up screen.

Prime Requisites For Dual-Classing: Wisdom, Charisma
    ~

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    	INT_VAR
    		biography = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~~)
    		briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~CLERIC/DRUID~)
    	STR_VAR
    		kit_name = ~USCD01~
    		clswpbon = ~0 0 3~
    		numwslot = ~2~
    		clascolr = ~30 91 93 23 93~
    		hpclass = ~HPPRS~
    		clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
    		clasthac = ~0~
    END 

LAF qd_multiclass
      STR_VAR 
          kit_name = ~USCD01~ //the internal name for your kit (e.g. QDMAGUS) 
          kit_clab = ~CLABUSC~ //the internal name of your kit's clab file, without the .2da extension
          base_class = ~P~ // this can take 6 values: [F]ighter, [P]riest, [D]ruid, [R]anger, [M]age, [T]hief
    END

COPY ~TestWeiDU/tables/USCD01.2da~ ~override~

COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD00.spl~ ~override~

COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH1.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH2.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH3.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH4.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH5.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH6.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH7.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH8.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDH9.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHA.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHB.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHC.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHD.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHE.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHF.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHG.spl~ ~override~
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCDHH.spl~ ~override~

COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD90.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD91.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD92.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD93.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD94.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD95.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD96.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD97.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD98.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD99.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD9A.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/spl/USCD9B.spl~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @0
      SAY NAME2 @0
      SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @1
      SAY IDENTIFIED_DESC @1

COPY ~TestWeiDU/itm/USCDSH1.itm~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @2
      SAY NAME2 @2
      SAY DESC @3
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/itm/USCDSH2.itm~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @4
      SAY NAME2 @4
      SAY DESC @5
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/itm/USCDSH3.itm~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @6
      SAY NAME2 @6
      SAY DESC @7
    COPY ~TestWeiDU/itm/USCDSH4.itm~ ~override~
      SAY NAME1 @8
      SAY NAME2 @8
      SAY DESC @9

I notice that DoF has a line that I don't find in the directions on the first page of the QDMULTI thread, right before END.
    LAF qd_multiclass
      STR_VAR 
          kit_name = ~RAAzutCM~
          kit_clab = ~RAAzutCM~
          base_class = ~P~
    	  mc_dir = ~DeitiesOfFaerun/Lib/Multiclass~
    END

It refers to a folder that doesn't come with the QDMULTI, so I'm not sure I have the relevant permission to copy it over. Tagging @Aquadrizzt just in case there's something else wrong with my code that I'm not seeing.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @semiticgod , is that the most recent version? I thought I had gotten rid of mc_dir when I learned that I could make blank spells from scratch with just WeiDU.
    @Aquadrizzt: Apparently not. I got it directly from the Github page, but it looks like the version is 0.3 from November 2017!
    @semiticgod I was never able to make the QD function work using the latest version. DoF uses a fork made by @subtledoctor that is based on the previous version of the function, IIRC.

Feel free to grab the files from DoF and use it as a model - everything should work fine (I personally never had an issue).
    edited October 2019
    edited October 2019
    @subtledoctor DoF's version is 0.6 ATM - updated this year.

But it is good to know that there is a functional update; I remember you delivering the version used by DoF exactly because the one at QD's thread wasn't working.

Edit: Just checked and DoF's version is the same used by FnP. Maybe the mc dir is just a leftover. I need a coffee.
    Raduziel
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Raduziel wrote: »
    Edit: Just checked and DoF's version is the same used by FnP. Maybe the mc dir is just a leftover. I need a coffee.

Yup - I think I still have some instances of that variable hanging around as well. It doesn't do anything any longer, but it doesn't hurt, either.

Gotta ensure that backward compatibility. ^.^ Good to know that the issue is resolved.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    If you could do this with the druid/mage, an allowable multi in PnP, you would be my hero.

That would involve a lot more - making clones of every wizard spell, etc. Faiths & Powers enables real multiclass druid/mages... in fact that is precisely where I got the above stronghold code from.

I use Faiths and Powers right now for that very reason. I believe it was you who originally pointed me to that, gotta thank you for that. Still, having the base class alone would be great.
    edited October 2019
    @Raduziel: I got the item restrictions for tokens working for a single kit, but I get an error message when I try to use multiple
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 319 target = 1 parameter1 = (USCDW1 + 0x4000) parameter2 = 9 timing = 2 power = 1 END

lines in a row.

ys872957wxua.png

I can't give all of the druid kits the same kit ID because they need slightly different CLAB files and in one case a different LU file, which means I have multiple distinct kits, which need to use the same set of tokens (I'd have to create LOTS of new spells and .2da files to let players conjure different tokens for each kit). Is there some way I could add multiple opcode 319 effects to an item? Or, would it be possible for me to patch other, non-druid cleric kits' CLAB files with a custom spell that forbade them from using each specific token? That is, make the tokens usable by clerics, and then cut out all clerics besides the druid kits?

By the end we should have the option of creating a Cleric/Druid, a Cleric/Druid/Mage, and a Druid/Mage, though unfortunately the last one will not be able to use daggers, darts, scimitars, or spears.
    edited October 2019
    @semiticgod Is this line of code being used after or before the add_kit routine?

You should run this sort of code after all the kits you want in it are already installed (that means as down as possible in your file) otherwise, the game will look for an entry that is not there yet.

Always below this piece of code:
    LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    	STR_VAR...

Anyway, you can't use the code I gave you to more than one kit. That piece of coding is used to restrict an item to a kit and a kit only - at least that is the info I got some time ago.

What I do for DoF is create slightly different versions of the same .itm file and restrict each one to a different kit.

So I have for instance:

RAHSARVO.itm for the pure class Arvoreen
    COPY ~DeitiesOfFaerun/Itm/HolySymbols/RAHS.itm~ ~override/RAHSARVO.itm~ SAY NAME1 @4904 SAY NAME2 @4904 SAY DESC @4905
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 319 target = 1 parameter1 = (RAArvo + 0x4000) parameter2 = 9 timing = 2 power = 1 END
    WRITE_ASCII 0x03a ~ARVOS~
    WRITE_ASCII 0x058 ~ARVOL~

RAFCARVO.itm for the F/C Arvoreen
    COPY ~DeitiesOfFaerun/Itm/HolySymbols/RAHS.itm~ ~override/RAFCARVO.itm~ SAY NAME1 @4904 SAY NAME2 @4904 SAY DESC @4905
    LPF ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode = 319 target = 1 parameter1 = (RAArvoFC + 0x4000) parameter2 = 9 timing = 2 power = 1 END
    WRITE_ASCII 0x03a ~ARVOS~
    WRITE_ASCII 0x058 ~ARVOL~

Done! It took a long time to get things working, but the mod now also includes Druid/Mages (@WarChiefZeke, you might try it out) and SCS-style shapeshifting tokens.
    RaduzielWarChiefZeke