Skip to content

(IE) Console versions released

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There is progress on the matter, but we're not there yet. Turns out, PS required translations of the store pages for all those countries, and we're creating them now with the help of third-party translation teams. As you can imagine, everything takes time, as there are many countries and thus languages, and also because there are different entities involved.
    StummvonBordwehrshurastik
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited October 2019
    An update on our games missing from the PS store in certain countries: we got all the needed translations and submitted them to PS. Waiting to hear from them.

Also, non-english voiceovers are now available on PS4 & XboxOne!

We're working to bring the missing voice localizations to Nintendo Switch ASAP.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    hook71StummvonBordwehrSkatanlolien
  • iRemol89iRemol89 Member Posts: 15
    Two questions:

- Polish voiceover is amazing on PS4 but ....there is still NO Journal! Only blank box. When will you patch this? (Photo)
    - How to switch on/off highlighting of hidden objects in Torment (like with have a switch on and off button in Icewind Dale)?

Thx

l8z9qwoocfvn.jpg
    1. Looks like a bug that needs reporting (if you haven't done so already).
    2. Have you checked under your UI options?
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    StummvonBordwehrSkatanspacejawslolien
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Member Posts: 100
    Are you sure as a Beamdog rep you should be encouraging that since it involves hacking the console/custom firmware? :p
  • PandywanPandywan Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2019
    I've been waiting for 20 days on pl voice on switch. GJ beam. I have days off at work and you have ruined it. U should figured out how to transfer pl voice between PC and Switch...
    edited November 2019
    Are you sure as a Beamdog rep you should be encouraging that since it involves hacking the console/custom firmware? :p

We don't encourage players to modify their hardware against the TOS. Installing mods meant for PC to the Switch version of the game might be a bad idea.

It doesn't mean we don't see what is being discussed around the net about the console release.
    StummvonBordwehrbob_venglolien
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2019
    Just had a patch for my Xbox one version. Is there anyway to see the patch notes? Or are they somewhere obvious and I’m just being dumb lol
  • DabeastDabeast Member Posts: 2
    I'm right with you ... Where are the patch notes?? I hate when companies don't post patch notes!!! These need to be certified by Microsoft before they can be downloaded, so that gives them plenty of time to post patch notes. Really no excuse not to have them posted by now!!
    Pokota
    No patch notes because this is just a localization update - https://www.beamdog.com/news/voice-localization-update-dd-enhanced-editions-console/
    StummvonBordwehrbyrne20lolien
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Thanks for the confirmation @JuliusBorisov much appreciated.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • CaomhCaomh Member Posts: 40
    ... I didn't want to have to buy another copy of BG... but my Nintendo Switch demands it.

I am so happy. This is perfect for the Switch, cannot wait to see NWN on it!
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • DabeastDabeast Member Posts: 2
    Julius ... Are any patches being worked on for Baldurs Gate on the consoles? Stuff like a quick save option etc.
    Dabeast wrote: »
    Julius ... Are any patches being worked on for Baldurs Gate on the consoles? Stuff like a quick save option etc.

Not immediately. We're going through all the feedback and evaluating it. The bulk of the team is busy working on the console version of NWN:EE. Then there is also a 2.6 patch for IE games on PC and mobile.
    StummvonBordwehrOrlonKronsteenTimbo0o0o0
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    So I get why IWD and Planescape are packaged together--because if you're gonna do two packs, it just makes sense to put BG1 and BGII together--but it's also hilariously contradictory.

On the combat-centric vs. dialogue-based spectrum, the two are polar opposites. :p

Anyway, very glad these were released. Baldur's Gate 1 almost came to console with a Dreamcast release back in the day and it was cancelled, so it's long, long overdue!
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisovPokota
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295

Not immediately. We're going through all the feedback and evaluating it. The bulk of the team is busy working on the console version of NWN:EE. Then there is also a 2.6 patch for IE games on PC and mobile.
    Nobody working on the iOS version? They kinda makes sense since their has been no timetable
    Quartz wrote: »
    So I get why IWD and Planescape are packaged together--because if you're gonna do two packs, it just makes sense to put BG1 and BGII together--but it's also hilariously contradictory.

On the combat-centric vs. dialogue-based spectrum, the two are polar opposites. :p

Anyway, very glad these were released. Baldur's Gate 1 almost came to console with a Dreamcast release back in the day and it was cancelled, so it's long, long overdue!

But see that way you get a good balance both ways.

Buy one pack and you get 50/50 combat vs. story in the Baldur's Gate games.

Buy the other and you get 100% combat in IWD and 100% story in PS:T!

Also I think it makes more sense due to some of the differences in the way various things are handled in IWD, some subtle changes like bards being way more awesome in IWD. Makes sense to keep people from being confused...with the BG games together and all operating on the BG2 way of handling things, there's a sense of unity there.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Staran wrote: »

Nobody working on the iOS version? They kinda makes sense since their has been no timetable

Working on that as well. The iOS team is kinda separate a bit, though.
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Staran wrote: »

Working on that as well. The iOS team is kinda separate a bit, though.

Console version for nwn was announced in the summer and had a release date. That is a 6 month window.
    iOS version was announced 1 1/2 years ago without a release date. How “separate” is the iOS team? On an island without an extradition treaty? ?
    The console version has a separate publisher. The iOS version doesn't have that.
    StummvonBordwehrPokotaQuartz
  • twilektwilek Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2019
    Ok, finally available in Sweden :) Bought all the games yesterday. One think I wonder though: are there any plans to add support to remap controller settings? Because I think it would be much better to have "Pause" at the touch pad and "Game Menu" at the Options button. The default settings feels very unintuitive to me.
    JuliusBorisov
    twilek wrote: »
    Ok, finally available in Sweden :) Bought all the games yesterday. One think I wonder though: are there any plans to add support to remap controller settings? Because I think it would be much better to have "Pause" at the touch pad and "Game Menu" at the Options button. The default settings feels very unintuitive to me.

No such plans at the moment, but if that changes, we'll let the community know.
    Hi, I’ve sent a lot of issues with Torment PS4 and Switch Polish versions. When can we expect a patch?
    I just got a very small update on BG1+2 for Switch, any indication as to what it was for? I'm not in any region that needed a localization update.
    I also got an update on Switch, what is 1.0.3?
    iRemol89 wrote: »
    I also got an update on Switch, what is 1.0.3?

I checked

1.0.3 - ads polish VoiceOver only in Torment
    - still no VoiceOver in Icewind Dale
    - still Journal in Torment is blank! How can polish players go into Torment without reading "your Journal"?
    I just got a very small update on BG1+2 for Switch, any indication as to what it was for? I'm not in any region that needed a localization update.

It was just laying the groundwork for the VO DLC to work. The VO DLC is now available.
    iRemol89 wrote: »
    - still Journal in Torment is blank! How can polish players go into Torment without reading "your Journal"?

We thank you for reporting the issues you encounter. Once we're ready to share plans regarding patching the IE games, we'll share them. As a small studio, we have to choose what to focus on. Currently, the team is fully busy on getting NWN:EE out of the door on console.
    StummvonBordwehr