Skip to content

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea (Beamdog, GOG, Steam)

Comments

• TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    Then again, maybe Beamdog wants to wait until Ossian debugs everything.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Trixter wrote: »
    Then again, maybe Beamdog wants to wait until Ossian debugs everything.
    Or updates their website to taken account of the release of the module :sweat_smile:
  • Trixter wrote: »
    If we buy on GOG, do we have to have the GOG versions of NWN?

As gog.com says, "To play this game you also need Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition." So you'd have to buy it again. It is 66% off right now though.

Are you sure this is the case? What's the point of any of this -- of cross platforms, if you have to buy their version of the base game over again?
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Trixter wrote: »
    If we buy on GOG, do we have to have the GOG versions of NWN?

As gog.com says, "To play this game you also need Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition." So you'd have to buy it again. It is 66% off right now though.

Are you sure this is the case? What's the point of any of this -- of cross platforms, if you have to buy their version of the base game over again?

Well, this is the problem with digital purchases and DLC. Tyrants of the Moonsea is DLC. Most companies prevent you from buying DLC for games they can't verify you own because generally that results in customer service nightmares.
    TarotRedhand
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    In addition to what @themazingness said there is also the fact that they each have individual features added - GOG Galaxy compatibility vs Steam achievements.

TR
    Right. Now that price on GOG has returned to full, hopefully we'll finally get this via BD themselves in a week (month?) or so.

TR
    DerpCity[Deleted User]
  • TrixterTrixter Member Posts: 237
    I can't believe the official developer/label wouldn't get it first.
    TarotRedhandthemazingnessDerpCity[Deleted User]
    edited October 2019
    It is now over 2 months since this was released on stench (aka steam) and 1 month since it was released on GOG. Normally it should have been released on here first. What happened? Did stench have a contract to get all your releases first?

Before you say "Oh, but we gave you stench keys." I would remind you of a British saying -
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

As someone who has been here sending in bug reports as requested, from day one I have to admit to feeling somewhat betrayed.

TR
    Grizzled_DwarflordDerpCity[Deleted User]Sylvus_Moonbow
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    My ork loves this iigpsp92jcr0.jpg
    fetito666[Deleted User]DerpCity
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    My ork loves this iigpsp92jcr0.jpg

What a cute orc.
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2019
    So what is the official stance of Beamdog on this subject? Are they going to make a copy of this module available on their official website or are we left with just the Steam and GOG products?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's on our agenda. We'll make the module available on Beamdog.com as soon as we get resources. Currently, the team is trying to complete all the deadlines for the console launch of NWN:EE. Sorry for the long wait.
    Aerakar[Deleted User]
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    It's on our agenda. We'll make the module available on Beamdog.com as soon as we get resources. Currently, the team is trying to complete all the deadlines for the console launch of NWN:EE. Sorry for the long wait.

Okay, that means after December 3rd?
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    edited November 2019

Thank you JuliusBorisov. It seemed to me anyway (though I may be wrong) that people were speculating that Beamdog was "selling out" to Steam or GOG (whatever that means), and not giving the community what they would like to see. I am glad you took the time to answer this question once and for all. I hope I can speak for the community when I say thank you for NWN EE and all you folks have done for the community. It is sometimes easy to forget all the work and effort that goes into making these games so (IMHO) awesome. Please finish what you need to do to make NWN EE worth every penny and more.
    JuliusBorisov
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    megamike15 wrote: »
    it does not help that on gog the older versions got delisted and you have to buy the ee which only lead to gog users calling beamdog's games cash grabs.

Am I the only one here to think people complaining about this already have the original game somewhere ?
    jonesr65
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Matthieu wrote: »
    megamike15 wrote: »
    it does not help that on gog the older versions got delisted and you have to buy the ee which only lead to gog users calling beamdog's games cash grabs.

Am I the only one here to think people complaining about this already have the original game somewhere ?
    Yes.
    Disc rot is the greatest problem of any physical storage medium. The IE CD's of old are no exception of this. Even my physical copies are now goners. So I can't exactly fault these folks for wanting to have their digital copies of the original games back up on their storefront of choice.
    @Matthieu said

As this thread is about a Premium module (aka dlc) I do hope so otherwise they won't be able to play it.

TR
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited November 2019
    Is my understanding correct that Tyrants of the Moonsea is not yet available via Beamdog? Also, does NWNEE work on macOS (and how’s the progress so far on iOS)? I’m looking forward to playing this premium mod [and Darkness over Daggerford] on macOS and iPad. Considering that my laptop is not really meant for gaming, I still hope that the specs as low as that of Macbook Air can handle NWNEE and the said premium mods (even if the base is an old game). Please do more of this!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2019
    @Matthieu That we have it on CD doesn't make it any more irksome considering how few modern laptops make it easy to play from that / where those CDs may be stashed. I really appreciate Beamdog's work, but I can well understand why people are annoyed at Beamdog removing the option to just buy the original games. Even if the real reason may be licence restrictions, it comes across as if they were scared of competition.

@Illustair No, sadly it isn't. I'm still waiting as well, which I feel quite conflicted about, because I would love to do my part to boost sales so that we may see future premium modules in the future.
    Post edited by Isewein on
    Illustair
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yep, that is still on our list.

The Official Soundtrack for TotM is now available on GOG.

• MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    I can't think of a single gaming company that doesn't synchronize it's cross-platform releases other than Beamdog.

I can, Oxide/Stardock with Ashes of the Singularity and Siege of Centauri did that.
    edited November 2019
    Matthieu wrote: »
    I can't think of a single gaming company that doesn't synchronize it's cross-platform releases other than Beamdog.

I can, Oxide/Stardock with Ashes of the Singularity and Siege of Centauri did that.

I'm not saying others don't. I'm saying I follow many and the ones I follow don't. It's just bad business practice in the gaming industry.
    Edit (trying not to post too much): Regarding my previous post, I'm also not saying it can't take a while for mobile/console to get their product. I realize porting takes extra programming resources and efforts. But I am saying if an expansion or patch releases on PC (or another platform) their should be a reasonable and decisive timeline to also have it on the other platforms.
    Post edited by themazingness on
    Illustair
    Well, the console edition of NWN:EE is released today and the big PC patch released last night. Nothing should be in the way of Tyrants of the Moonsea coming to Beamdog.com soon.
    DerpCity
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

TR
    DerpCity
    Not yet. But I'm asking about it.
    TarotRedhandPrince_Raymond1130210DerpCity
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Not yet. But I'm asking about it.

I'd be happy to support the release on Beamdog.com as well as GOG.
  • EddsterEddster Member Posts: 14
    Will Tyrants of the Moonsea also come to consoles?