Skip to content

[v3.4] Aura, a gnome artificer NPC for BG:EE + SoD

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i had this happen to me as well. what i had to do was walk out and back into the portal which forced the cutscene to fire normally.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2019
    megamike15 wrote: »
    i had this happen to me as well. what i had to do was walk out and back into the portal which forced the cutscene to fire normally.

Walk out how? The door is sealed and I can't interact with the portal in any way. I'm trapped in that room.

I've fiddled around with it some more, and upon reloading, I can now enter the portal. The endless Aura talk loop seems to stop once I've gone through. Hopefully this doesn't break a talk or something down the line.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    Wise_Grimwald
    Aura was very quiet for the entire Avernus trip and for the ending. Does anybody have transcripts of any dialogue she has after entering Avernus and through the endgame?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2019
    @ThacoBell

Looking back she legit doesn't have much to say during the hell phase. You can try to wager her soul to Thrix but I think that's the only real interaction, besides that it's just a few overhead comments near the ending.

The only other significant moment is the romance-exclusive scene near the very end.
    megamike15
    @AionZ "The only other significant moment is the romance-exclusive scene near the very end."

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I romanced her and got nothing.
  • philip71philip71 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    okay so i have a problem with this mod. after i installed it the UI in-game got changed so i can't start SoD i have also installed the Artisan's Kitpack and Sirene which both work perfectly normal and no other mods. i mean it will probably be a while till i get to SoD since i just started a new game but still it would suck if i had to uninstall Aura just so i can play it.

EDIT: Okay I'm just stupid obviously the DLC-Merger wasn't installed on my new PC
    Post edited by philip71 on
    Does anybody have a transcript of Aura's romance dialog that I missed at the end of SoD?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    philip71 wrote: »
    okay so i have a problem with this mod. after i installed it the UI in-game got changed so i can't start SoD i have also installed the Artisan's Kitpack and Sirene which both work perfectly normal and no other mods. i mean it will probably be a while till i get to SoD since i just started a new game but still it would suck if i had to uninstall Aura just so i can play it.

EDIT: Okay I'm just stupid obviously the DLC-Merger wasn't installed on my new PC

Not stupid, just forgetful.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited August 2019
    Do you mean the jail scene romance dialogue (This one occurs for friendship too, just is longer for romanced individuals), or the romance dialogue before you jump into the portal into hell? I think that one has a friendship version too, so you should have saw both.
    Wise_Grimwaldmegamike15
    i don't remember aura showing up at the jail even during her friendship. just corwin and neera.
    @Skitia The jail dialogue. Her stutter at the hell portal completely broke her dialogues for the rest of the game. She was completely silent.
    megamike15Wise_Grimwald
    both aura and drake have issues in sod. sirene in contrast did not have as many issues.
    ThacoBellWise_Grimwald
    Okay, okay, I've finally gotten off my slacking arse to check out what's wrong with the late-game dialogues... and yes, I was missing a few scripts that were needed to make the dialogues trigger, so it was 100% my fault. Sorry. v2.9 fixes this.
    ilduderinomegamike15ThacoBell
    edited August 2019
    @AionZ Any chace of getting a transcript of the dialogue I missed? The romance talk in the jail at the end. I don't know when I'd get around to re-modding my SoD install.
    is the current download link 2.9? i checked the read me and it still says 2.8.
    @megamike15

Very late response but yes, the release was rushed so I missed a change on the version numbers, I can’t be bothered to change them for the sake of it right now though so I’ll bump it up to date with the next update.
    megamike15Wise_Grimwald
    I'm looking into full EET compatibility for v3.0 - however, the runecrafting system doesn't play well with the EET transfer process, so when it's done it'll be installed on the EET game post-merge.

This means I may also merge the BG1 and future BG2 content into one mod with separate components for each game.
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    Looking to potentially start a new run soon. Is there any update in the near future planned that I should wait for? Don’t want to start a new run only to miss out on a bunch of new stuff if a new version comes out a week later.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @masteraleph

Well... v3.0 is coming, but between the large scale changes I'm making and me being currently held up by studies for the moment, it isn't coming any time soon. Might not see an update till December, unfortunately, unless I find myself some free time.
    Wise_GrimwaldThacoBellGusinda
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi , Ive started a new game and decided to test Aura and Drake, and they are both amazingly fun! I'll take em both to SoD and wait for their BG2 versions s2
    Wise_GrimwaldThacoBell
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Argh... why did I find this as I was loading my newly modded override folder. Under the assumption that attempting to install this after SCS would be a bad idea, I think I'm going to back track. This mod looks too good to skip.
    Wise_Grimwald
    It is a VERY enjoyable mod. I accidentally missed installing it in MY last set-up. I will ensure that it is in my next st-up however.
    megamike15
    This isn't a major deal, and it may be due to other mods, but I've noticed that Aura and Sirene both occasionally show Invalid:<number> when injured in battle. I don't recall the exact number, but I thought it was odd.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, though.
    Maurvir wrote: »
    This isn't a major deal, and it may be due to other mods, but I've noticed that Aura and Sirene both occasionally show Invalid:<number> when injured in battle. I don't recall the exact number, but I thought it was odd.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, though.

I'd guess that they are supposed to say, "Ouch! That hurt!" or similar and the string is wrongly named/missing.
    That was my thought, and they do sometimes say "valid" things in battle, which is why I posted it here. Fortunately, it only has a very minor impact on game play.

The bigger issue is how darn hard it is to keep Aura alive. Our party has had to make emergency runs back to a temple three times already! Knowing that she is about to level, I had the party cleric buy a "raise dead" scroll. I figure it will not only save 50 gold, but avoid a trip back to town.

I don't recall which one, but I believe there is a tome somewhere in the game that can help with this.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Ok, ran into another issue.
    Aura was able to reactivate the idle of Kozah, which was then given to Imoen. The item description indicates it should get recharged every day, but it appears to not be recharging - even after sleeping for several days. I manually recharged it in EEKeeper, but is this item supposed to be a one-shot?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited November 2019
    EET compatibility?

With this mod installed, can other characters become Artificers?
    edited November 2019
    Endarire wrote: »
    EET compatibility?
    Yes. Most definitely. You would have to use EE Keeper to do it, but it can be done. You can't do it from the menu during character creation.
    The creator of the mod isn't happy with that being done however, so don't expect any help if there are problems. The mod isn't designed with other characters becoming artificers in mind.
    If you want another character to use Aura's equipment you will either make the character a gnome called Aura, or change the equipment in NearInfinity. It is designed to be used ONLY by her. The mod writer wants you to use Aura herself as a lot of effort was put into creating her. I understand that and have gone along with the writers wishes myself after discovering them.
    I'm now in chapter 7, having just left CK for the last time. Aura was saddened, but I have been gladdened. She is a remarkable character, and has added a lot to this run. I really liked the way that shipwreck incident on the way to the mysterious island was handled as well. Great work!

She is definitely one of the best NPC mods I've played with, and has quickly become one of my favorites beside Isra and Sirene. I only hope she makes it to Amn by the time what is left of my party does!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November 2019
    Endarire wrote: »
    EET compatibility?
    Yes. Most definitely. You would have to use EE Keeper to do it, but it can be done. You can't do it from the menu during character creation.
    The creator of the mod isn't happy with that being done however, so don't expect any help if there are problems. The mod isn't designed with other characters becoming artificers in mind.
    If you want another character to use Aura's equipment you will either make the character a gnome called Aura, or change the equipment in NearInfinity.

If I remember correctly you also have to do some script editing for the automatons; they're set to only respond to Aura and not the main character or the kit itself.

Otherwise the kit/mod itself mostly works with EET, but isn't currently added to the official compatibility list. This means that EET won't automatically look for Aura's files when you import the BG1/SoD data. You still have to install it onto SoD though (doesn't work with BG2), and so you have to manually add it to the EET import list prior to doing the main EET installation. A caveat is the rune crafting system: iirc it's dependant on UI elements, so depending on if/how you've modified the UI, trying to access rune crafting might crash your game.
    Wise_Grimwald